ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Neuheisel on the CBS halftime show…

That's what espn box score attendance said. Just going by the numbers given. I was at the game and forgot to count. But it was fuller then I've seen it in along time
Some people will never accept the attendance numbers. I bet I can go to the Big House and find some empty seats - I know because I've been there and seen them.

Debour has had a little more talent the last 3 years. No? Debour's good. CIG'S better.
I'm saying DeBoer won 3 national titles at NAIA Sioux Falls and was also a runner-up there as well during his 5 seasons. Had a 9 win season at Fresno State and won double-digit games in both his years at Washington obviously finishing runner-up. DeBoer is a helluva coach and significantly younger. As good as Cignetti is, DeBoer has won at a higher clip. Both fantastic coaches.

I'm saying DeBoer won 3 national titles at NAIA Sioux Falls and was also a runner-up there as well during his 5 seasons. Had a 9 win season at Fresno State and won double-digit games in both his years at Washington obviously finishing runner-up. DeBoer is a helluva coach and significantly younger. As good as Cignetti is, DeBoer has won at a higher clip. Both fantastic coaches.
What's younger have to do with it?

• Haha
Reactions: red hornet
Has DeBoer turned a program around as pathetic as IU's . In first year? I rest my case.
I'm enthralled with the start of the season and current trajectory of the program, but IU's played one team with a pulse so far this year. Let's pump the brakes. Kalen DeBoer record as a head coach is about as immaculate as it gets and he's done it at the highest level. I'm super glad IU has Cignetti, but I don't think it's fair to say he's better than DeBoer...at this point.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
Except in your scenario, IU won’t play in the championship. We have to beat OSU. If Oregon or PSU has only one loss as also, they would go, I’m sure which because their schedules are similar but head to head is first and then common opponents. This is where our schedule comes back to bite us a bit.

Going forward we need OSU to beat both Oregon and PSU and either we beat OSU or those teams also lose. We would have the tie breaker vs USC if we beat Michigan. It gets confusing, all of the teams including IU will be different 2 months from now. November becomes a battle of depth, injuries for all teams are going to happen. It sure is fun to talk about though.
I see nobody beating OSU through completion of the Big Ten. I could see road games with Oregon and PSU being tougher but I think they win them and their home games will give them decided home field advantage over anybody else.

Reactions: vesuvius13
My bad I read wrong. I thought you were saying Cig has been to a few nattys. Which I believe he has but as an assistant to saban. My apologies I misread

I see nobody beating OSU through completion of the Big Ten. I could see road games with Oregon and PSU being tougher but I think they win them and their home games will give them decided home field advantage over anybody else.

I don't think "the" o$u is as unbeatable as everyone seems to think they are... We may not be able to win over at their place but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pull it off... If they somehow get thru the Big Ten unscathed, they'll never beat Alabama and may not even make it to that game in the CFP...

Their D is giving up points to Teams they shouldn't and their OL is still somewhat suspect (in my opinion)...

Reactions: DANC
There were not 48,343 people in attendance!!!
According to this and every other website 48,343 was the attendance. Were you there? I was! It was fuller then I've seen it in 30 yrs. There was a corner up high on the iu side that was empty other than a few seats here and there it was full. And for a fan the weather sucked. Mist and light rain all game. As a football player it was perfect weather. It was loud and a fun time minus the turnovers.

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/football/stats/2024/maryland/boxscore/26996

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT