ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA

It was. Again, we can debate WHY it was an emergency, but an emergency it certainly was.

I think Congress will find the money somewhere.
We don’t have money. All we have is credit.

Being overwhelmed with migrants is not the kind of emergency FEMA is intended to deal with. If that situation requires funds, it should be subject to a different appropriation and congressional debate. But I think we both know that Biden and Mayorkas know that Congress would never approve an appropriation for that, so they took it from weather related emergency funds.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and 76-1
Federal Reserve Bitcoin Meme GIF

Are you running this site?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes
Well, yeah.

Ah great, so Republicans who oppose supplemental FEMA spending will be labeled as not caring about hurricane victims because this administration blew their wad on a bunch of illegals.
Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

We don’t have money. All we have is credit.

Being overwhelmed with migrants is not the kind of emergency FEMA is intended to deal with. If that situation requires funds, it should be subject to a different appropriation and congressional debate. But I think we both know that Biden and Mayorkas know that Congress would never approve an appropriation for that, so they took it from weather related emergency funds.
I’m not going to argue with this. But our credits still pretty good.

You're right...

The office of the President should have coordinated the response with all the tools at his disposal... Instead he worked on his tan...

FEMA:

FEMA is unable to fulfill their roll because they're more concerned with the aid and comfort of illegal aliens then fulfilling their mission to US Citizens...

Think they'll be rushing to put any of these folks up in luxury hotels with free cell phones, free food and internet connectivity... Somehow I doubt it...

FEMA has plenty of available resources for the near term, per Speaker Johnson. The CR passed and signed in the last few days provided something like $20B that became available Oct 1.

They of course will have to do an emergency supplemental, probably in November.... And it will be large... But at this point it's way too soon for passing such a bill as it will take some time before there are even reliable estimates of total damages.

This is a fake news story.

Reactions: Morrison
But our credits still pretty good.
Is that a benefit or curse? Easy credit doesn’t require Uncle Sam to set spending priorities. When we have the debate about more FEMA funding, do you think making a choice between green energy subsidies and disaster relief will be part of the discussion? Neither do I.

Reactions: DANC
FEMA has plenty of available resources for the near term, per Speaker Johnson. The CR passed and signed in the last few days provided something like $20B that became available Oct 1.

They of course will have to do an emergency supplemental, probably in November.... And it will be large... But at this point it's way too soon for passing such a bill as it will take some time before there are even reliable estimates of total damages.

This is a fake news story.

Not according to Mayorkas:

Is that a benefit or curse? Easy credit doesn’t require Uncle Sam to set spending priorities. When we have the debate about more FEMA funding, do you think making a choice between green energy subsidies and disaster relief will be part of the discussion? Neither do I.
When we look at spending and relate it to the national debt…we’re so for over the Rubicon we’re coming around for lap 3.

There’s no fix. There’s no solve. At least not one that won’t radically change our government and way of life without taking 100 years to solve.

If that sounds merely pessimistic it’s because I still have hope.

Not according to Mayorkas:

All he said was there wasn't enough funding for the remaining hurricane season... Which still has 2 months remaining. Everyone agrees with that.... The cost will be in the tens of billions for Helene alone.

Republican leadership agrees with that.... They just don't think they need to call Congress back for an emergency session before the election.

$600m or whatever for this migrant housing program is a completely different line item in the DHS budget. Most people don't understand appropriation law, but you'd hope these lying Congressmen would. The executive branch cannot reprogram money without congressional approval.

Reactions: larsIU
All he said was there wasn't enough funding for the remaining hurricane season... Which still has 2 months remaining. Everyone agrees with that.... The cost will be in the tens of billions for Helene alone.

Republican leadership agrees with that.... They just don't think they need to call Congress back for an emergency session before the election.

$600m or whatever for this migrant housing program is a completely different line item in the DHS budget. Most people don't understand appropriation law, but you'd hope these lying Congressmen would. The executive branch cannot reprogram money without congressional approval.

They've only allocated $750.00 in emergency assistance to people who've lost everything...

I'd call that coming up a bit short...

Maybe if they somehow identified themselves as illegals they'd receive better treatment...

“A warning by Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas Wednesday that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) does not have enough funding to adequately respond to hurricanes came after the agency spent over $690 million this year to assist communities with influxes of migrants.”​
The pressure from local communities for federal migrant financial help was enormous. Politically Congress would never pass new appropriations for that, so Mayorkas did an end run around the appropriations problem.

“A warning by Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas Wednesday that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) does not have enough funding to adequately respond to hurricanes came after the agency spent over $690 million this year to assist communities with influxes of migrants.”​
The pressure from local communities for federal migrant financial help was enormous. Politically Congress would never pass new appropriations for that, so Mayorkas did an end run around the appropriations problem.

That's completely false. Hell it said it right in the NYPost article that Congress had allocated money for it. You cannot do an end around. It's blatantly illegal.

DHS allocated $780 million for the migrant crisis last year through the FEMA Emergency Food and Shelter Program, which funds relief not associated with natural disasters, and the FEMA Shelter and Services Program, which was authorized in late 2022 by Congress to respond to the migrant crisis.

See here

They've only allocated $750.00 in emergency assistance to people who've lost everything...

I'd call that coming up a bit short...

Maybe if they somehow identified themselves as illegals they'd receive better treatment...

Funny... However, if I doubt those who've just lost everything in NC would appreciate the humor...

They'll apply for FEMA disaster relief and get it who knows when down the line. I've unfortunately dealt with FEMA flood relief funds in the past, it's a slow process.

That's completely false. Hell it said it right in the NYPost article that Congress had allocated money for it. You cannot do an end around. It's blatantly illegal.

DHS allocated $780 million for the migrant crisis last year through the FEMA Emergency Food and Shelter Program, which funds relief not associated with natural disasters, and the FEMA Shelter and Services Program, which was authorized in late 2022 by Congress to respond to the migrant crisis.

See here

That’s what Mayorkas said. He has lied before. Is he lying about available funds?

Unrelated to the FEMA $ issue here's another head scratcher:

https://www.npr.org/sections/shots-...s1-5138093/helene-asheville-nc-drinking-water

//That's an NPR article so I presume that an "approved" news source...//

Why would Biden not ask Congress for the emergency waivers (or whatever it takes) to allow at least some of the extensive military assets in VA, NC, GA and Al to utilize their equipment and expertise in conducting emergency search and rescue ops, large scale water purification operations, emergency engineering operations, etc..., as needed...

Between the rotary wing assets at the former Fort Rucker and similar assets at the former Fort Bragg, not to mention the logistical assets at Camp Lejune they could make short work of this cluster fvck... If we only had someone in charge who could make this happen 🙄🤔...

They could write it off as an inter-Service training exercise if it's a budget issue...

Geez... Those are American Citizens running out of water, food, and medicine out there...!

Guess they'll need to start flying Ukrainian flags to get the attention of this administration...😡

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
This may be the next debacle. Allegedly running short on cash for the hurricane response. Spent a fortune on migrant sheltering. Maybe it’s earmarked, dedicated spending etc. We’ll have to see how this plays out. Couple this with the ports and it could be a rough month for Dems
I mean ya know, quit sending billions upon billions to other countries, and maybe when something catastrophic happens, this country could help its own???

Reactions: Lucy01 and 76-1
This may be the next debacle. Allegedly running short on cash for the hurricane response. Spent a fortune on migrant sheltering. Maybe it’s earmarked, dedicated spending etc. We’ll have to see how this plays out. Couple this with the ports and it could be a rough month for Dems
This might be the final straw for Biden/Harris

You're right...

The office of the President should have coordinated the response with all the tools at his disposal... Instead he worked on his tan...

FEMA:

FEMA is unable to fulfill their roll because they're more concerned with the aid and comfort of illegal aliens then fulfilling their mission to US Citizens...

Think they'll be rushing to put any of these folks up in luxury hotels with free cell phones, free food and internet connectivity... Somehow I doubt it...
This should be the end for Border Czar Harris. Mayorkas should have been gone long ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT