ADVERTISEMENT

Rice committed

Did you read my other post where I said he is an upgrade over Cupps and x?
You mean the one you posted after you went to Twitter to go find your next negative talking point and got called out on it?

Too little too late. You aren't fooling anyone.

Reactions: Thcgh
No need to argue. He’s a great pick up and needs to improve his shooting. Anything south of 35 isn’t good. Let’s get the big dude from Zona now.

Scouting Report.

At 6’3”, 180 he has good size for the position.

Strengths

Passing
Scoring off the dribble
Transition scoring

Weaknesses

Shooting*
Hopefully defense is another strength.
I assume Hulls or Chaney can help with his shot. Gaining strength should help. But mid 20% seems unlikely to improve to 40%

Players can develop their shot. We just haven't seen it yet with this coaching staff. He's likely the best PG on the team instantly although Cupps could get there in time.

This is just another step in the right direction. Many more needed to get them into position to compete at a high level.

Players can develop their shot. We just haven't seen it yet with this coaching staff. He's likely the best PG on the team instantly although Cupps could get there in time.

This is just another step in the right direction. Many more needed to get them into position to compete at a high level.
His shot doesn’t need developed. It’s one fluid motion with strong mechanics.

After reading the front page story, I’m less excited than before. Says he can’t shoot and can’t defend, but his assist numbers are pretty good. 🙄

I’m betting he’s a lot better than most people think. Needs a summer in the weight room and shooting 1,000 3s a day.
until i see woodson coach him at who knows. Guys always seem great when woodson gets them.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Has alot to improve on but is a upgrade over Cupps. If he could become roughly a .30 percent 3 point shooter I will be happy.

Woodson sucks. He should be fired.
Well done, CS. The first rule on this thread is not, EVER, to miss a chance to diss Woody. Too old, Neanderthal, can't coach, bad recruiter---must mention at least two. Know that these message boards exist for psychiatric ventilation, talk therapy for depressed downtown coaches. Don't give up; demand perfection.

Well done, CS. The first rule on this thread is not, EVER, to miss a chance to diss Woody. Too old, Neanderthal, can't coach, bad recruiter---must mention at least two. Know that these message boards exist for psychiatric ventilation, talk therapy for depressed downtown coaches. Don't give up; demand perfection.

He is trolling. He is a Woodson supporter trying to be cute and parrot what others say about Woodson.

Can't believe they put the airball brick at 2:25 in there. :D

He has a good game.
So far it doesn't look like 'pure shooter' should be near the top of the description. (He does the fade away instead of following his shot nearly every time that Indiana loves, he'll fit right in with our coaching staff. But at least he isn't jumping sideways.) I think it's more about range, looks like he's forcing a little more from deep, not that he has any trouble at all getting it there. I think then his slightly unusual mechanics might come into play then. Hopefully those saying he is a good shooter are correct.

But he looks good. All-around point guard! A few pick and roll style dishes for dunks in those highlights, so he sets up and gives up the rock. With the ball is fast but under control.

Nice. Glad to have him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT