ADVERTISEMENT

Rice committed

After reading the front page story, I’m less excited than before. Says he can’t shoot and can’t defend, but his assist numbers are pretty good. 🙄

I’m betting he’s a lot better than most people think. Needs a summer in the weight room and shooting 1,000 3s a day.
He was a plus defender on a team that finished top 25 in KenPom defensive efficiency. Averaged more than 1.5 steals a game.

Form looks good as others have said. He should be able to improve — freshman year is a big transition.

04022024.jpg
He will not improve with this coach.

To be fair, he was a really good defender. That should offset that 3% a little. But we do definitely still need some shooters.
He’s a volume shooter. Hes what we need. Guys willing to shoot it. Carlyle is that too. With MM and these two the volume will go up. Add in that Monster(Ballo)in the post and there should be open looks and a rebounder to put it back if they miss.

Scouting Report.

At 6’3”, 180 he has good size for the position.

Strengths

Passing
Scoring off the dribble
Transition scoring

Weaknesses

Shooting*

Of course it is. Every one of your posts is negative.

You found two twitter posts about it, and one of them goes way short of hammering IU.

What's the difference between Rice and Burton, who you love so much? The answer: one of them is committed to IU.
Did you read my other post where I said he is an upgrade over Cupps and x?

Reactions: ulrey
Keep in mind…kid had been on chemo until late summer. If you have ever been around anyone who has been through treatment know fatigue is an issue long after. The kid hit a wall. He shot 35% on volume 3s for 80% of the year. Guess who else was a volume shooter at 35%? Lance jones. Stop worrying about his freshman slump. He’s going to be great.

He is a guy that plays great defense and plays the pick and roll very nicely. Can hit on the key almost automatically. Will give purdouche fits.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Now you're just going to trigger the poor guy. He hates positive opinions about IU basketball. He doesn't care about IU football though. He's a Notre Dame football fan. Didn't attend either.
I do t hate positive, IU just hasn’t had any dude. And yep native Hoosier who has watched both my entire life. Sooo??

Are we discounting the other FT shooters on the team? True fan.
Strange question. We've got two 80 percent shooters on a team that was poor overall from the FT line. It's an improvement. Now we need more improvement.

Reactions: nichlee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT