ADVERTISEMENT

Retire the ugly black unis

They look like they received an order of uniforms intended for a beer League Recreation Team and decided to keep them. And those outfits the Coaches wore, Looks like they are getting ready to pull up the hoods and knock off a convenience store.

They look like they received an order of uniforms intended for a beer League Recreation Team and decided to keep them. And those outfits the Coaches wore, Looks like they are getting ready to pull up the hoods and knock off a convenience store.
A continued embarrasment. Indiana University men's basketball.

Reactions: jrbjrb and kmathum
They gave me flashbacks to this infamous disaster:

DnjJP-dXgAA-W-y

Did anyone happen to research the creator of these fine looking basketball threads? Colorful little fella.

I have no issue with black but the execution here was poor IMHO.

Will say it again. IU needs to move to Nike or Under Armour asap.
I’d go Nike.

Nike is the best in hoops. Everyone knows it. We should have the best for IUBB. We should work with Nike to convince them we should be a premier program partner. This is the athletic dept’s job.

But no, like most things IUBB, we half ass it with Adidas.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
They have shifted heavily in their gear but have the best designers IMHO
From late October 2023 when Texas Tech ended a 20-year partnership with UA:

Under Armour had been pulling back on some of its endorsement and marketing deals after struggling through periods of declining sales and stock price and COVID-related store closures during the pandemic.

Most notably, the brand backed out of a record $280 million contract to outfit UCLA athletes, which led to a drawn out legal dispute and ended last year with the sports apparel maker agreeing to pay the university more than $67 million.

The uniforms have no impact. If IU was undefeated, they could wear pink tutus and they'd become the trend. Instead, the uniforms at IU always represent a timestamp and future reminder in our time capsule of moments where we were awful. I can't wait to get depressed looking at pics of these years down the line.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
The uniforms have no impact. If IU was undefeated, they could wear pink tutus and they'd become the trend. Instead, the uniforms at IU always represent a timestamp and future reminder in our time capsule of moments where we were awful. I can't wait to get depressed looking at pics of these years down the line.
Our two major sports have worn black uniforms three times in our history now.

• Football vs Kentucky where Hal Mumme made us his bitch
  • Football vs. Akron where we had to go to multiple overtimes to beat the 132nd (out of 133) ranked team
  • Basketball vs. Northwestern where we lost for the 3rd time in a row at home to them for the first time ever

Those uniforms don't block, tackle, shoot or defend, but it seems more than just a coinky-dink that we suck ballz when we dress like Purdue for a game.

Our two major sports have worn black uniforms three times in our history now.

• Football vs Kentucky where Hal Mumme made us his bitch
  • Football vs. Akron where we had to go to multiple overtimes to beat the 132nd (out of 133) ranked team
  • Basketball vs. Northwestern where we lost for the 3rd time in a row at home to them for the first time ever

Those uniforms don't block, tackle, shoot or defend, but it seems more than just a coinky-dink that we suck ballz when we dress like Purdue for a game.
Unis were black and poorly done. Black is universal.

Purdue is Old Urine.

From late October 2023 when Texas Tech ended a 20-year partnership with UA:

Under Armour had been pulling back on some of its endorsement and marketing deals after struggling through periods of declining sales and stock price and COVID-related store closures during the pandemic.

Most notably, the brand backed out of a record $280 million contract to outfit UCLA athletes, which led to a drawn out legal dispute and ended last year with the sports apparel maker agreeing to pay the university more than $67 million.
A lot to overcome should IU include them in the process.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I can't wait to look at those pics and say, "Damn, those were shitty times. Thank god Woody is gone."

Reactions: Klaus 7196
Purdue did an alternate gray uniform a few years ago and it was even more hideous than their normal uniform. I called it the "dryer lint screen look", with urine stains

This comment will get moved to the Water Cooler forum....... But....

"It is the Month of February... goes right along with the Theme"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT