ADVERTISEMENT

"Republicans are more likely to donate to charity, donate blood, and to volunteer....

As long as it isn't a shower curtain, I'm fine with it
psycho-shower-scene-mother-620.jpg

Probably

Those 2 articles are nothing more than an attempt to cover up the real differences in giving between Republicans and Democrats. Facts are facts, but they want to twist those facts into something they're not.

I sure as hell wouldn't count on the NYTimes for any kind of objectivity.
Counterpoint, it's pretty even with Republicans slightly ahead but for different reasons.

Infographic4.png

So let's concede that in 2016 previous GOP voters were more "generous" than previous Dem voters, and move on...

What also seems to be coming apparent is that the differences between Dems and Pubs has played a significant role in the number of overall Covid deaths, as well as the number of Excess covid deaths. Excess Covid deaths is the amount of anticipated vs actual deaths based on historical trends.

The primary study conducted by Yale scientists and released thru the National Bureau of Economic Research in Sept focused on the states of Ohio and Florida from March 2020 thru Dec 2021. They discovered that overall during that period the average rate of Excess deaths among GOP voters exceeded Dems by 76%. But significantly, after vaccines became readily available in April 2021 thru the end of the study in Dec 2021, the average difference basically doubled to 153%.

Earlier, in June a study focused on the discrepancy between GOP and Dem counties related to covid deaths thru Oct 2021. That study found that while vaccine discrepancy was an issue, various other Covid protocols such as social distancing and masks likely played a role as well.

So are we in general agreement that for the most part vaccines ,masks and quarantine would be viewed more favorably by Dem leaning citizens rather than GOP leans? I actually think that just as with the giving, church attendance could play a role in both these studies as well. It's obviously not the physical vote for a GOP or Dem candidate, but rather the underlying beliefs and reasons behind those respective voting choices...

Those 2 articles are nothing more than an attempt to cover up the real differences in giving between Republicans and Democrats. Facts are facts, but they want to twist those facts into something they're not.

I sure as hell wouldn't count on the NYTimes for any kind of objectivity.
Never trust the New York Times on anything for any reason.

Reactions: DANC
So let's concede that in 2016 previous GOP voters were more "generous" than previous Dem voters, and move on...

What also seems to be coming apparent is that the differences between Dems and Pubs has played a significant role in the number of overall Covid deaths, as well as the number of Excess covid deaths. Excess Covid deaths is the amount of anticipated vs actual deaths based on historical trends.

The primary study conducted by Yale scientists and released thru the National Bureau of Economic Research in Sept focused on the states of Ohio and Florida from March 2020 thru Dec 2021. They discovered that overall during that period the average rate of Excess deaths among GOP voters exceeded Dems by 76%. But significantly, after vaccines became readily available in April 2021 thru the end of the study in Dec 2021, the average difference basically doubled to 153%.

Earlier, in June a study focused on the discrepancy between GOP and Dem counties related to covid deaths thru Oct 2021. That study found that while vaccine discrepancy was an issue, various other Covid protocols such as social distancing and masks likely played a role as well.

So are we in general agreement that for the most part vaccines ,masks and quarantine would be viewed more favorably by Dem leaning citizens rather than GOP leans? I actually think that just as with the giving, church attendance could play a role in both these studies as well. It's obviously not the physical vote for a GOP or Dem candidate, but rather the underlying beliefs and reasons behind those respective voting choices...
What were the age demographics?

And for MAGA types (not all Pubs), it's giving to people like Doug Mastriano...

See how ridiculous your "point" is? There's always someone worse to point out...
I don't know who Doug Mastriano is. So your point is the one on your head.

I don't know who Doug Mastriano is. So your point is the one on your head.
Have we entered the Twilight Zone? You specifically responded to posts discussing Mastriano in 3 previous threads...Now you don't know who he is?

I ill admit that you were apparently on vacation during July when we had the 6 page thread discussing his antisemitism. That was full on wingnut with both mas and bailey joining in. So I just sort of assumed you were there for the festivities as well...

Your "intro" to Mastriano?

No, this is much bigger because it’s continuing to spread into the 2022 election and likely for many more elections beyond. For example, the Pennsylvania Republican candidate for governor, Doug Mastriano, is a still a strong believer in ‘The Big Lie’ and if he becomes governor he’ll be able to appoint their Secretary of State who oversees how the elections run. Not to mention, all of the people up for election in congress who are believers in this. This is like an STD that keeps getting passed on.

Mastriano brings election denier onto Pa. governor campaign
Looks like you and Cosmic read the same talking points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT