ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Georgia election official calls on Trump and GOP to stop inciting violence

I don’t log anywhere near that many miles. I’m probably around 7.5 per week which means some weeks 5 some weeks 10. It’s all I’m good at dammit.

I don’t log anywhere near that many miles. I’m probably around 7.5 per week which means some weeks 5 some weeks 10. It’s all I’m good at dammit.
Do you think you would be good at this, or maybe too much work?
275162-elin-nordegren-married-tiger-woods-in-2004.jpg

So...logged as "risk he's willing to take". Got it.
Not so fast my friend . . . I have to factor in that MrsSope has a black belt in karate and is a trained opera singer . . . in other words, she has multiple ways to break my ear drums.

Maybe pre-MrsSope . . . when I was young and foolish, instead of just an old fool. :cool:

Reactions: larsIU
Not so fast my friend . . . I have to factor in that MrsSope has a black belt in karate and is a trained opera singer . . . in other words, she has multiple ways to break my ear drums.

Maybe pre-MrsSope . . . when I was young and foolish, instead of just an old fool. :cool:
I thought the concern was for your spiritual well-being…

Everybody older than 25 understands that Clinton’s tenure of deregulation set the stage. I don’t think it was malevolent - as the real blame lies on the greed of this particular finance sector, but Bush just followed Clinton’s coat tails.

This seems on the same level as Trump maintaining that he speaks for all Americans, as in "Everybody knows I won"... EIGHTY MILLION PEOPLE voted to fire Trump, and I highly doubt "everyone older than 25" comes close to agreeing with what you believe and have posted here.
Some percentage of those 70 million are racist. I would make no claim as to what that percentage is. We could probably come up with another category that looks at people who upon hearing of George Floyd’s death were quick to comment, “I don’t think he was a good guy”. Or “They would be better off protesting crime rates in their communities”. Or may favorite “he probably had it coming”. I’m not certain you would call those people racist but they appear to somewhat indifferent. That indifference would allow someone to vote for a candidate that had the appearance of being racist. With that said there are many other factors in play.

"Black Lives Matter signs that apparently were burned and destroyed at historic Black churches in Washington, D.C., during a pro-Trump rally this weekend are being investigated as possible hate crimes, authorities said Sunday.

D.C. police said they were seeking information about the incidents, which occurred at Asbury United Methodist Church, founded in 1836, and Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church, where Frederick Douglass' funeral was held in 1895."

This seems on the same level as Trump maintaining that he speaks for all Americans, as in "Everybody knows I won"... EIGHTY MILLION PEOPLE voted to fire Trump, and I highly doubt "everyone older than 25" comes close to agreeing with what you believe and have posted here.

"Black Lives Matter signs that apparently were burned and destroyed at historic Black churches in Washington, D.C., during a pro-Trump rally this weekend are being investigated as possible hate crimes, authorities said Sunday.

D.C. police said they were seeking information about the incidents, which occurred at Asbury United Methodist Church, founded in 1836, and Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church, where Frederick Douglass' funeral was held in 1895."

Unfortunately, that's what malcontents do nowadays. It’s a shame, but the precedent was set over the summer. I’d expect more of this moving forward.

As usual - I’ve no idea what you’re talking about. If you’re saying that you agree with Hickory that Bush was responsible for the 2008 subprime meltdown then you’re a nut.

Unfortunately, that's what malcontents do nowadays. It’s a shame, but the precedent was set over the summer. I’d expect more of this moving forward.
You’re equating protests because people of color are being killed to protests from people who can’t get it through their heads that their guy lost?

So now we suddenly care about violence in the streets.

Convenient.

You’re equating protests because people of color are being killed to protests from people who can’t get it through their heads that their guy lost?
I don’t agree with either group doing it, I’m just suggesting that it’s to be expected after a precedent has been set...

Would you give Trump another 4 years to have George Floyd, Brianna Taylor’s lives back?

• Haha
Reactions: HooDatGuy
Wow. I can't even imagine a scenario where I would post something like that even on an anonymous board.

Well, you do realize you hang out here with a lot of people who are willing to look the other way when people are beaten, killed and their businesses burned...when it is "their jersey" doing the burning.

Wow. I can't even imagine a scenario where I would post something like that even on an anonymous board.
Provocative, yes. Offensive, depends who you ask. But spare me the outrage, I’ll save my tears for the real tragedies occurring daily, not the unfortunate deaths of career criminals or their associates in the acts of committing crimes...

Well, you do realize you hang out here with a lot of people who are willing to look the other way when people are beaten, killed and their businesses burned...when it is "their jersey" doing the burning.
& while perhaps ill-conceived, in a roundabout way, that’s what I’m getting at, is that outrage of these groups on both sides is ridiculous. I know I’ll never get an honest answer, but if one were to answer my question with “no”, then the alleged stolen election is another source of “outrage”. It’s all bs that the feeble minded have allowed themselves to be convinced that these are the tragedies worth focusing on. Donald Trump will be gone soon enough, thank god, what are the next hot topics to get people lathered up? Rest assured there will be one for each side. 30 people are killed by drunk drivers every day. Kids are abused by the thousands all over the place, and on and on, but these are the things that make people burn, loot, pillage, riot, protest. The people that want to demonize me for posing a question in such an inconsequential forum are just looking for something else to be outraged about. And for the record, the answer is I would not endure another 4 years of the Donald, considering his decisions have cost us many more lives than the actions of a handful of police officers...🙁

& while perhaps ill-conceived, in a roundabout way, that’s what I’m getting at, is that outrage of these groups on both sides is ridiculous. I know I’ll never get an honest answer, but if one were to answer my question with “no”, then the alleged stolen election is another source of “outrage”. It’s all bs that the feeble minded have allowed themselves to be convinced that these are the tragedies worth focusing on. Donald Trump will be gone soon enough, thank god, what are the next hot topics to get people lathered up? Rest assured there will be one for each side. 30 people are killed by drunk drivers every day. Kids are abused by the thousands all over the place, and on and on, but these are the things that make people burn, loot, pillage, riot, protest. The people that want to demonize me for posing a question in such an inconsequential forum are just looking for something else to be outraged about. And for the record, the answer is I would not endure another 4 years of the Donald, considering his decisions have cost us many more lives than the actions of a handful of police officers...🙁
Demonized today...deplatformed tomorrow....

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

So can you link to who was killed? You and jet both seem to believe that political violence just started this past summer in the aftermath of George Floyd being killed. So we know that the BLM movement was basically spawned originally over the killing of Trayvon Martin, and it reached a crescendo after Brianna Taylor and George Floyd. So that takes care of summer 2020...

So what precipitated earlier political violence- like Gabbie Giffords, Dylan Roof, Heather Heyer, Crusius, Bowers, and countless others? All of them involved actual murders and occurred prior to people even knowing who Taylor and Floyd were. Yet you still give us the tired rhetoric of people being killed this summer, without bothering to actually name any names. I know a Black police chief was shot by a looter in KC, but even that pales in comparison to the right-wing kook who deliberately assassinated 2 LEO's in CA after stalking and ambushing them...

You guys love to play the "bosides game", but it's hard for sensible people to take you seriously when you try and maintain what happened this summer is somehow more egregious than all of the violence of the past decade that preceded it. So other than a common criminal who killed a single cop, exactly what other killings are you pointing to? The only other people who were killed were protestors in places like Omaha, Kenosha, Portland, etc...

So can you link to who was killed? You and jet both seem to believe that political violence just started this past summer in the aftermath of George Floyd being killed. So we know that the BLM movement was basically spawned originally over the killing of Trayvon Martin, and it reached a crescendo after Brianna Taylor and George Floyd. So that takes care of summer 2020...

So what precipitated earlier political violence- like Gabbie Giffords, Dylan Roof, Heather Heyer, Crusius, Bowers, and countless others? All of them involved actual murders and occurred prior to people even knowing who Taylor and Floyd were. Yet you still give us the tired rhetoric of people being killed this summer, without bothering to actually name any names. I know a Black police chief was shot by a looter in KC, but even that pales in comparison to the right-wing kook who deliberately assassinated 2 LEO's in CA after stalking and ambushing them...

You guys love to play the "bosides game", but it's hard for sensible people to take you seriously when you try and maintain what happened this summer is somehow more egregious than all of the violence of the past decade that preceded it. So other than a common criminal who killed a single cop, exactly what other killings are you pointing to? The only other people who were killed were protestors in places like Omaha, Kenosha, Portland, etc...
Does it need to be “more” egregious? Do you know what egregious means? What a stupid thing to say, more egregious. Did Bruce write a song about it that you can blather about? Lol

As usual, you misrepresent pretty much everyone here. No one looked the other way. And it had nothing to do with "jersey" (which I take is your metaphor for partisan affiliation).

As usual, you misrepresent pretty much everyone here. No one looked the other way. And it had nothing to do with "jersey" (which I take is your metaphor for partisan affiliation).
Wrong. Choosing to only look one way is looking the other way. And if you can’t read this you’re chickenshit....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT