ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Phyllis

VanPastorMan

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2002
Central Pennsylvania Via Washington Indiana
We ate at Mr. GHATTIS yesterday in Martinsville. The older lady who cleans up the dining room is named Phyllis. She told me that she is getting her knee replaced soon and had hurt it years ago in a motorcycle accident. Phyllis is a very hard working and kind woman. Say a prayer or send a card to Mr. GHATTIS ON HER BEHALF to encourage her.

We ate at Mr. GHATTIS yesterday in Martinsville. The older lady who cleans up the dining room is named Phyllis. She told me that she is getting her knee replaced soon and had hurt it years ago in a motorcycle accident. Phyllis is a very hard working and kind woman. Say a prayer or send a card to Mr. GHATTIS ON HER BEHALF to encourage her.
Prayers for Phyllis.

Quitting posting spam ..

Does Ghattis have spam pizza?
FamousImpoliteColt-small.gif

tenor.gif

Idk if there are still Annual Awards...but this goes into the category of ‘Worst Post Ever’...especially since it included a call to action...

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
With fantasies like that perhaps 'abraxas' suits you better.
Good call -
abraxas - noun
a word of unknown significance found on charms, especially amulets, of the late Greco-Roman world and linked with both Gnostic beliefs and magical practices by the early church fathers.

You may recall me once telling how I meant my nickname to be abraxas, like Santana used to say, but I inadvertently misspelled it "abraxis".

Personally, whenever someone starts to talk about religion, I try to work in the comment, "My church has trees." It has a way of changing the conversation in the voice of the befuddled.

Good call -
abraxas - noun
a word of unknown significance found on charms, especially amulets, of the late Greco-Roman world and linked with both Gnostic beliefs and magical practices by the early church fathers.

You may recall me once telling how I meant my nickname to be abraxas, like Santana used to say, but I inadvertently misspelled it "abraxis".

Personally, whenever someone starts to talk about religion, I try to work in the comment, "My church has trees." It has a way of changing the conversation in the voice of the befuddled.

Must have missed that but no matter. Mine as well. No use or rationale for a creator (gravity/light notwithstanding) but abiding reverence for Creation. Only 'miracle' required.

Back to Hoops.

Remember Hillary?

She was good friends with CC. Well she went and got pregnant out of wedlock, but decided to keep the baby and raise her as a single parent. It worked out since she was a successful attorney, but then she was diagnosed with viral cardiomyopathy. Her only hope to live was a heart transplant. She had a rare blood type and they couldn't find a donor match, so she passed away.

She's remembered fondly by her daughter and her friend CC. Here's a picture of her with CC. That's Hillary on the left.

Oniicpd.jpg

Best of luck to Phyllis. I wish her a speedy recovery...unlike poor Hillary.

Good call -
abraxas - noun

So you didn't think having a 2nd identity was worth getting the name correct. It seems that users with several user names is common place here. lol

BTW, when I read your posts I do think of Santana. So mispelled or not it gets the job done.

Setting up a Go Fund Me for Phyllis might be a better option than posting it here VPM.

WTF!! Did I seriously just read what I think I read? So what, give her a big tip if it makes you feel better. Why the hell would you share that.

Reactions: cryano
So you didn't think having a 2nd identity was worth getting the name correct. It seems that users with several user names is common place here. lol
It was years later when I discovered the true spelling. By then, I didn't want to assume a new user name and loose by Sept. 3, 2001 status of perseverance. I can live with my mistake as long as I live.

It was years later when I discovered the true spelling. By then, I didn't want to assume a new user name and loose by Sept. 3, 2001 status of perseverance. I can live with my mistake as long as I live.
*lose my

Must have missed that but no matter. Mine as well. No use or rationale for a creator (gravity/light notwithstanding) but abiding reverence for Creation. Only 'miracle' required.

Back to Hoops.
My religion is The Wonder Of It All. I find myself a firm believer. No collection plate passed my way because none is required. Yes, let's get back to hoops...

I really enjoyed seeing the game live last night. It's always nice to get back into "The Hall". It saddens me to see the poor crowds that used to practically fill the place, despite the lack of competition. When all other explanations are spent, it boils down to the "it" factor that is. Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (turn and face the strange). We must.

Thank you for the correction. I could go back and edit my mistake so that subsequent viewers never know my preposterous gaffe, but I'll keep it there for a laugh. I've always had trouble with lose, loose, loser, looser. The same goes for quit, quite, quiet and antidisestablishmentarianism.

Reactions: Brockway
Here is an email address for those who don't have Facebook. Let's show an IU lady that we are gentlemen who have hearts. BTW, I do not work for Mr. Gattis nor have I been promised free pizza to do this. It's just being kind to a Hoosier lady who deserves it for being so kind herself. Here is the email.
manager@gattispizzamartinsville.com
My goodness...do you have an illegitimate child with this woman or what!?!?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Here is an email address for those who don't have Facebook. Let's show an IU lady that we are gentlemen who have hearts. BTW, I do not work for Mr. Gattis nor have I been promised free pizza to do this. It's just being kind to a Hoosier lady who deserves it for being so kind herself. Here is the email.
manager@gattispizzamartinsville.com
You do realize that some people may send inappropriate emails to her right? And now you will be responsible if that happens.
Maybe you should spend more time thinking outside of the box on how to help someone. You come off obsessed in a creepy way with this lady.

You do realize that some people may send inappropriate emails to her right? And now you will be responsible if that happens.
Maybe you should spend more time thinking outside of the box on how to help someone. You come off obsessed in a creepy way with this lady.

I like VPM...but yeah...this is getting a little creepy.

Not obsessed at all. Also how am I responsible for someone deciding to do something wrong instead of right? I think it is quite sad some people's reaction to doing something nice for a person. Just tell the manager at Mr. Gatti's that you are hoping the best for her. What is so wrong about that?

Not obsessed at all. Also how am I responsible for someone deciding to do something wrong instead of right? I think it is quite sad some people's reaction to doing something nice for a person. Just tell the manager at Mr. Gatti's that you are hoping the best for her. What is so wrong about that?

Why don't you post your email address at your church, and you can send along our well-wishes to her?

Cant believe u eat that shyte, but it is you, so disregard my disbelief.

Good call -
abraxas - noun

I wondered what Abraxas was. Thanks. I don’t get the tree reference

I wondered what Abraxas was. Thanks. I don’t get the tree reference
I’m a nature lover. “My church has trees” means I worship there almost every day and never get hit up for money. It’s where I find spiritual renewal-in the serenity of my deeply forested sanctuary communing with The Wonder Of It All. It recharges my batteries of life, the same way your more traditional, enclosed brick and mortar church, or whatever, gets you through your day.

I’m a nature lover. “My church has trees” means I worship there almost every day and never get hit up for money. It’s where I find spiritual renewal-in the serenity of my deeply forested sanctuary communing with The Wonder Of It All. It recharges my batteries of life, the same way your more traditional, enclosed brick and mortar church, or whatever, gets you through your day.
Interesting. I do a similar thing with vodka.

Reactions: twenty02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT