ADVERTISEMENT

Really some touchy folks at Gold and Black...

It is apparently a violation to respond to someone and say, "This should be interesting."

Never been banned from a message board in my life. I would say that the Purdue fans were some thin skinned pansies but I really did not say anything to be thin skinned about....lol.
Some people get thinskinned about calling others "pansies."

Now Heller is insisting that Hartman's name is spelled "Colin," and we're all too stupid to know that.

(His name is spelled "Collin.")

Heller and Ducati are still alive? I thought I smelled something bad.

Are those two Knight-worshipers Moo U fans now? LOL!!

I don't think Purdue would fire Painter under those circumstances. Maybe if he strung a few together.

I have a buddy who is a PU Fan/Grad, and his biggest fear is Painter winning just enough to hang on there, but never really winning big. Not an unfounded fear. I think he'll have a Keady-like career there. Some good regular seasons, some B10 titles, but limited tourney success. Keady lasted a long time with that.

Didn't he have a winning record against Knight?

That surely helped him keep his job.

Twindegrees/Ducati was a non-grad knight fan that decided the way to teach IU a lesson for firing BK was to become a PU fan. He is as bitter as they come but the PU grads love his non stop hate for all things IU.

The ugly creepy things he posts about Crean, Joni Crean, Crean's son, now Archie and his family are just sick . The fact tha @alankarpick allows it is awful.

He and Gojko used to post the most racist crap on their private forum back in the day.

Really sad and pathetic cretins.

Reactions: RBB89
Sorry Hummel PU team was a contender only, good enough to be ranked, not good enough to win it all. Only PU team in my lifetime that was even close was Rick Mount''s team but it had zero chance of beating Lew Alcindor and UCLA. Teams can get to the Final Four and still have zero percent chance of realistically winning a title. Many times in the NCAA Tournament it's all about matchups rather than who is the better overall team.

Actually, PU made the 1980 final four with Joe Barry Carroll at Center. They only finished fourth in Big ten that year behind IU, OSU and Iowa. Big ten was really stout that year as Third place Iowa also made final four.

PU upset both IU and Duke to win Mideast region and were favored in final four matchup versus UCLA and their 6' 6" center Mike Sanders trying to handle all Big ten center Carroll. PU had smartly brought in Lee Rose to coach and he had them playing well at year end. That final four was the only realistic chance PU ever had of winning NCAA basketball title. Beating undersized Bruins and undersized Louisville in title game, even with Darrell Griffith at guard, was doable. PU was actually the title favorite after rising to the occasion and beating higher level IU and Duke programs in regional.

However, PUkes folded against UCLA and Rose left to coach elsewhere. PU brought in Keady who set the PU mentality in stone, good competitive regular season and regional program, never enough confidence under the bright lights to win the big one.

That is the attitude carried by PU to this day, all established by the 1980 elfoldo as the favorite.

Our new AD will likely place a lot more emphasis on postseason success than our previous AD and if Painter doesn't get it done, I think he'll be shown the door. Who are all of these "legacy" sons you're referring to?

You guys win your first tournament game(s) since '12 and now all of a sudden Painter is on a short leash?

Reactions: BrewCityCy
Several years ago they lost in the tourney to a lower seed, don't remember who it was but it was a layup drill for the winner, anyway, someone posted that Painter had never lost to a lower seeded team, All I said was "oops." And I was immediately banned. Yea, skin so thin you can see through it.

Several years ago they lost in the tourney to a lower seed, don't remember who it was but it was a layup drill for the winner, anyway, someone posted that Painter had never lost to a lower seeded team, All I said was "oops." And I was immediately banned. Yea, skin so thin you can see through it.

Probably VCU. They made the boilers look pretty bad in that game.

Reactions: VanHoosier
Ok, I just tried to go there and I'm banned. Are you serious?? The last time I went over there I congratulated them on their NCAA win.

Apparently they banned anyone with IU ties. Wow, what a bunch of flaming vaginas.

Did someone go over there are start a fight or what?

Reactions: mike41703
Ok, I just tried to go there and I'm banned. Are you serious?? The last time I went over there I congratulated them on their NCAA win.

Apparently they banned anyone with IU ties. Wow, what a bunch of flaming vaginas.

Did someone go over there are start a fight or what?

They mass banned pretty much all IU posters last week. I don't think it was necessary to have done anything beyond posting over there. So far as I could see (before I was blacklisted) there wan't anything terrible going on beyond a few IU posters taking issue with the Purdue narrative that the only reason we hired Archie was that Alford turned us down. They didn't seem to like that.

Boiler Up is awesome.

Boiler up is dumb but no dumber than other things that fans of other programs say.

I was stunned however when I saw a photo from one of the PU NCAA games and they were wearing tee shirts that said "Purdue Mentality". I was stunned. I know other teams used the Mentality theme and maybe Nike forced them to, but the staff must have shit when they saw it and pleaded not to have to wear it...wow.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
They mass banned pretty much all IU posters last week. I don't think it was necessary to have done anything beyond posting over there. So far as I could see (before I was blacklisted) there wan't anything terrible going on beyond a few IU posters taking issue with the Purdue narrative that the only reason we hired Archie was that Alford turned us down. They didn't seem to like that.

Hey it's their board and they can mass ban all they want I suppose, but they have no defense when someone calls them little brother, because that's exactly what your little brother would do.

Pretty hard to take a fan base serious when they act like that.

Still don't understand the need for IU fans to go over there in the first place.

I have several PU friends, I went there to congratulate them on a Big Ten championship and winning a game in the tourney.

It's called being a good sport.

I don't know this guy but I hate him. Is he banned from our board?
Much of what Courtsense is posting about Twindegrees is exaggerated and some of it is, well, made up. He has a deep dislike of Twindegrees which goes back to the Indy Star BB days. I suggest you read twin's posts first hand before you make up your mind. You may still think Twin is disreputable, but form your own opinion. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I dislike falsehoods.

Much of what Courtsense is posting about Twindegrees is exaggerated and some of it is, well, made up. He has a deep dislike of Twindegrees which goes back to the Indy Star BB days. I suggest you read twin's posts first hand before you make up your mind. You may still think Twin is disreputable, but form your own opinion. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I dislike falsehoods.

If I were you I'd not stick my neck out in support of anything from Ducati, er, Twindegrees. His only purpose on the G&B is to talk crap about IU, and most of what he has to say in BS. You'll notice none of what he had to say regarding Crean or Miller was even remotely accurate.

If your mods had a clue over there they'd have banned his ass long ago. But I supposed it doesn't matter how much garbage he spews so long as it fits a preferred narrative.

You're welcome to him.

Boiler up is dumb but no dumber than other things that fans of other programs say.

I was stunned however when I saw a photo from one of the PU NCAA games and they were wearing tee shirts that said "Purdue Mentality". I was stunned. I know other teams used the Mentality theme and maybe Nike forced them to, but the staff must have shit when they saw it and pleaded not to have to wear it...wow.
Yes! That was created by Bob Knight (and "Jack") years ago.

Reactions: 76-1
If I were you I'd not stick my neck out in support of anything from Ducati, er, Twindegrees. His only purpose on the G&B is to talk crap about IU, and most of what he has to say in BS. You'll notice none of what he had to say regarding Crean or Miller was even remotely accurate.

If your mods had a clue over there they'd have banned his ass long ago. But I supposed it doesn't matter how much garbage he spews so long as it fits a preferred narrative.

You're welcome to him.
I kind of agree with you on this. I just think people should go to the source to make judgements.

I know Ducati was pretty upset with the way Bobby Knight was treated, and probably made the world look pretty dark. Those of you that carry a grudge against him are welcome to it, and he probably deserves it. As for me, I have not seen his "dark side" on the Purdue boards, so I have no issues with him at this point. - and please, I don't want to become some sort of intermediary in this.

I kind of agree with you on this. I just think people should go to the source to make judgements.

I know Ducati was pretty upset with the way Bobby Knight was treated, and probably made the world look pretty dark. Those of you that carry a grudge against him are welcome to it, and he probably deserves it. As for me, I have not seen his "dark side" on the Purdue boards, so I have no issues with him at this point. - and please, I don't want to become some sort of intermediary in this.
If a grown man's world becomes "dark" and he starts endlessly posting racist garbage on the internet because a basketball coach got fired, I would suggest not associating myself with or defending that person in any way.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier

I'd think that your mods real problem with him would be that he's not there as a Purdue fan, but simply as a bitter IU hater. While I realize that some of that might play well on occasion I'd think you guys would tire of his one trick pony act. Wouldn't you prefer discussion regarding Purdue basketball as opposed to how much IU sucks?

But that's just me.

Reactions: IU Scott
I'd think that your mods real problem with him would be that he's not there as a Purdue fan, but simply as a bitter IU hater. While I realize that some of that might play well on occasion I'd think you guys would tire of his one trick pony act. Wouldn't you prefer discussion regarding Purdue basketball as opposed to how much IU sucks?

But that's just me.

For some over there, hating IU and yelling "IU Sucks" during EVERY game is much more important and fun than watching or talking PU basketball.

It's equivalent to those here that hate every coach not named Bob Knight.

It's basketball, get a life or buy a dog, or something normal.

Reactions: mike41703
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT