ADVERTISEMENT

Really some touchy folks at Gold and Black...

IUCrazy2

Hall of Famer
Mar 7, 2004
It is apparently a violation to respond to someone and say, "This should be interesting."

Never been banned from a message board in my life. I would say that the Purdue fans were some thin skinned pansies but I really did not say anything to be thin skinned about....lol.

It is apparently a violation to respond to someone and say, "This should be interesting."

Never been banned from a message board in my life. I would say that the Purdue fans were some thin skinned pansies but I really did not say anything to be thin skinned about....lol.
Yep I was banned for no reason too

Reactions: mike41703

Why in the world would you go there in the first place

Why in the world would you go there in the first place

Morbid curiosity.

Honestly I always go to rivals sites to see what they say about our new hires to avoid me getting the "Crimson Colored Glasses" view.

Got sucked into a thread with Ducati...I'm sorry, twindegrees, and pryght brought up to him that Bob Knight had endorsed Archie Miller last night in response to Ducati's usual nonsense about Miller being the fifth choice and not that great of a hire stuff. I responded to pryght that this should be interesting....boom, banned.

If I would have known I was going to get the ban hammer for something that innocuous I would have told them all what I really thought of their second rate program...oh well.

Puck Furdue, what can you do. :)

we basically just fired a coach for doing what Painter gets rewarded for at Purdue. being reminded again and again that you root for a triple A squad probably gets old.

we basically just fired a coach for doing what Painter gets rewarded for at Purdue. being reminded again and again that you root for a triple A squad probably gets old.

If we go 18-15 next year and miss the tournament I hope we'd fire him.

Now Heller is insisting that Hartman's name is spelled "Colin," and we're all too stupid to know that.

(His name is spelled "Collin.")

Reactions: hoosier48

I don't think they would.

Not a knock on Purdue, the situation you guys have with Painter is part of why I did not want to hire Alford. It is harder to make a move on someone who came up through the family. I think Painter is going to have to really screw up bad to be let go.

I would say that the Purdue fans were some thin skinned pansies but I really did not say anything to be thin skinned about....lol.
I think the whole country is pretty thinned skinned now and it all has to do with the ease of hurling insults back and forth on social media, all anonymously. Not just this country, but the world has changed.

Someone ban him.
I have ignored whoever you are talking about. I simply don't care to argue on an IU site with a PU fan. What is the point? They know what they are but still try to argue they are something else..

If you are talking about banning Heller, that is about 10 years overdue!

Reactions: IU 4 LIFE

I don't think Purdue would fire Painter under those circumstances. Maybe if he strung a few together.

I have a buddy who is a PU Fan/Grad, and his biggest fear is Painter winning just enough to hang on there, but never really winning big. Not an unfounded fear. I think he'll have a Keady-like career there. Some good regular seasons, some B10 titles, but limited tourney success. Keady lasted a long time with that.

I have ignored whoever you are talking about. I simply don't care to argue on an IU site with a PU fan. What is the point? They know what they are but still try to argue they are something else..

If you are talking about banning Heller, that is about 10 years overdue!
I was just kidding I don't want anyone banned

I got you beat.....I got banned for litterly liking 1 post.

I don't think Purdue would fire Painter under those circumstances. Maybe if he strung a few together.

I have a buddy who is a PU Fan/Grad, and his biggest fear is Painter winning just enough to hang on there, but never really winning big. Not an unfounded fear. I think he'll have a Keady-like career there. Some good regular seasons, some B10 titles, but limited tourney success. Keady lasted a long time with that.

Yeah I personally think we could do better than Painter. He's an average to above average coach but he's not known as a recruiter. I share the same feeling as your buddy.

Painter is at PU for life. A good team once every decade when he can lure a legacy son to PU. Now back to the middle of the pack for Mediocre Matt.

lol you're a broken record. Trying to copyright the term Mediocre Matt? I don't think he's at Purdue for life. Our new AD will likely place a lot more emphasis on postseason success than our previous AD and if Painter doesn't get it done, I think he'll be shown the door. Who are all of these "legacy" sons you're referring to?

You've kept Painter around for 12 years, going on 13: sounds like PU is pretty happy with Painter! PU named their court after Keady for going to a few Elite 8's over 25 years. Painter is pretty par for the standards that PU has set. Plus, PU can't do any better: it is what it is.

You've kept Painter around for 12 years, going on 13: sounds like PU is pretty happy with Painter! PU named their court after Keady for going to a few Elite 8's over 25 years. Painter is pretty par for the standards that PU has set. Plus, PU can't do any better: it is what it is.

You do realize that when you say "Purdue can't do any better," it's opinion and not fact right? You have no idea if we could do better or not. Keeping Painter around that long wouldn't have been my decision (not after we finished dead last a few years back). Thankfully we have a new AD who won't settle for mediocrity like our previous one did. You're a broken record just like @ufo33.

Let me try one out. Archie Miller won't take you to the final four. It is what it is.

I don't actually believe this but that's how you sound when you claim we couldn't do better than Painter. You don't have a clue.

You do realize that when you say "Purdue can't do any better," it's opinion and not fact right? You have no idea if we could do better or not. Keeping Painter around that long wouldn't have been my decision (not after we finished dead last a few years back). Thankfully we have a new AD who won't settle for mediocrity like our previous one did. You're a broken record just like @ufo33.

Let me try one out. Archie Miller won't take you to the final four. It is what it is.

I don't actually believe this but that's how you sound when you claim we couldn't do better than Painter. You don't have a clue.
Too many schools around to compete with when it comes to recruiting. That's why it's so hard for IU football

There's plenty of talent to go around. Painter has to do a better job of bringing it to Purdue.
Not top talent there isn't. You already get a lot of 3 star types. Maybe there is a coach out there that could land classes fill of 4 star guys...I don't know

I am simply going by the standards that have been set by both programs and the odds.

PU ceiling is no title. Gene Keady is PU's best ever coach and Gene Keady never made a Final Four.
Even Mike Davis could take IU to the National Championship game. Mediocre Matt is a response to PU fans coming onto IU websites and calling IUs coaches names. The name fits. Not the worst, but never great. Just good enough to be acceptable forever at PU.

Last edited:
PU ceiling is no title. Gene Keady is PU'a best ever coach and Gene Keady never made a Final Four.
Even Mike Davis could take IU to the National Championship game.

So because Keady didn't make a final four no Purdue coach can?

That's correct PU will never win a Title in basketball. And IU will never win a title in football. That's just reality.

Reactions: hoosier48
That's correct PU will never win a Title in basketball. And IU will never win a title in football. That's just reality.

Comparing IU football to Purdue basketball couldn't be more off. Purdue basketball has a much better chance to win a basketball title than IU does of winning a football title. The two programs couldn't be more different.

A Purdue coach certainly could get to a final four. However, it would entail him being a better head coach than Geno.....which Matt Painter sure as shit is not.

I think we need a dynamic recruiter to lead us to better postseason success.

PU is a regional team. Regional teams don't successfully recruit nationally. PU has done well for their inability to attract top talent. Good but never great.

Reactions: mike41703
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT