ADVERTISEMENT

Quick question about A.J. Hammons

Stuffshot

Hall of Famer
Feb 20, 2008
Hope this isn't off topic.

But does anyone know if A.J. Hammons ever ran the entire length of the basketball floor at any time last season?

I think there probably are some new age statistics that will show this but I admit I don't know what they are.

But does anyone know if A.J. Hammons ever ran the entire length of the basketball floor at any time last season?

I think there probably are some new age statistics that will show this but I admit I don't know what they are.

In Dallas or his last year at Purdue? At Purdue, he absolutely did. He showed a lot of energy and ran the court well. Can't say I watched any Dallas games though.

In Dallas or his last year at Purdue? At Purdue, he absolutely did. He showed a lot of energy and ran the court well. Can't say I watched any Dallas games though.

Of Purdue's big men, Hammons played with the least energy and enthusiasm since Joe Baby Carroll.

Maybe, but I bet he didn't pull up his pants or drink green shit out of a Diet Coke bottle.
I shouldn't diss Hammons. As much as he could drive you nuts on the court, he was always very respectful when I had the chances to meet him off the court. A very nice young man, and he didn't drink green shit out of Diet Coke cans.

Of Purdue's big men, Hammons played with the least energy and enthusiasm since Joe Baby Carroll.
Brad Miller didn't show much of either, but was big and skilled enough to get by. He didn't work his tail off until he started getting paid to do so.

Who?

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
Brad Miller didn't show much of either, but was big and skilled enough to get by. He didn't work his tail off until he started getting paid to do so.

I disagree on Miller- particularly his junior/senior years. He got pretty physical out there.

I disagree on Miller- particularly his junior/senior years. He got pretty physical out there.

Miller got a bad rap at PU for all of the pouty Whitney faces he made. I am not much of an NBA guy but I liked him a lot as a Pacer.

Actually, Stuffshot, there are new age statistics that show this. I know one statistic shows players who never hustle when they are on defense. When this happens, it's called a "Blackmon".

Reactions: SantaBoiler
Actually, Stuffshot, there are new age statistics that show this. I know one statistic shows players who never hustle when they are on defense. When this happens, it's called a "Blackmon".
You know what I love? How Purdue fans tout how many big men Painter has gotten to the league. They call themselves "Big Man U." Lol. However, NONE of those big men are actually still in the league. They typically say that big men like Trayce Jackson-Davis would be better served going to Purdue instead of IU. It's laughable. Zeller, Vonleh, Bryant, Williams, etc. all are still in the league and getting minutes. Purdue's big men? Not so much. It's actually hilarious to read some of the "hot takes" from their delusional fanboys talking about Archie is lying to TJD about the style of ball we'll be playing. Lulz.

*sigh*

I was at PU Miller's final two seasons. Since my friends were diehard Boiler fans (me being an IU fan) I got to both see a lot of his play as well as listen to my friends complain about him. He definitely was kind of a lazy player in college that played much harder in the NBA.

That dude is the biggest waste of talent since Jay Edwards. Hammons due to pure laziness and Jay was more interested in being drunk and high.

Reactions: SNU0821
He played hard on the court. I was referring to off the court work ethic. I once heard Keady say at a speaking engagement that "miller could be even better if he didn't spend all summer playing golf, chasing girls, and drinking beer." He didn't work hard in the weight room until he got to the pros, and he went from 235 to 265 pretty quick.

The dietician and weight trainer for PU should both have been fired unless they referred him to chasing girls playing golf and guzzling beer lifestyle

This post is so random it's creepy.

Don't like then leave because you should not be here in the first place.

Neither should creepers like the OP!

Let me know when you purchase this site. Till then I will do what I want to do. Starting with calling out creepy crap like this post.

Neither should creepers like the OP!

Let me know when you purchase this site. Till then I will do what I want to do. Starting with calling out creepy crap like this post.
Hey Purdue fanboy....Nobody here cares what you think. It's creepy you're here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT