ADVERTISEMENT

Questions about CCC's contract

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
For anyone who actually knows--

1. If he does very well in years 1 and 2, how much would it cost for programs like PSU or Auburn to buy him out if he wanted to go?

2. If things go south in years 1 and 2. and people turn on him, how much would it cost for IU to buy out his contract?

Thanks in advance...

1. If he does very well in years 1 and 2, how much would it cost for programs like PSU or Auburn to buy him out if he wanted to go?

2. If things go south in years 1 and 2. and people turn on him, how much would it cost for IU to buy out his contract?

Thanks in advance...
He's owed $20 million if fired before December 1st, 2024 and then drops $3 million a year, every year, on the 1st of December.

He'd owe IU $8 million if he leaves before December 1st, 2024 and then $6 million between December 1st 2024 and November 30th 2025. $4 million if he leaves on or after December 1st 2025.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He's owed $20 million if fired before December 1st, 2024 and then drops $3 million a year, every year, on the 1st of December.

He'd owe IU $8 million if he leaves before December 1st, 2024 and then $6 million between December 1st 2024 and November 30th 2025. $4 million if he leaves on or after December 1st 2025.
Thanks...hope he likes it here. Obviously if he can achieve Mallory + success here he'll be a legend. And I think we'd reward him to keep him. My only question would be if he would have the urge to compete for a NC under those circumstances.

Does the buyout still drop if he goes bowling and gets another year tacked onto the end?

Seems pretty lopsided to me (if we bail on the deal it’s $20M, but if he bails it’s 8?!)

Maybe that’s normal I don’t know much about these negotiations.

Looks like he’s got leverage to stay but a low bar to be recruited away IMO. $8M is lunch money to some of the “big oil” boys backing these SEC schools.

Seems pretty lopsided to me (if we bail on the deal it’s $20M, but if he bails it’s 8?!)

Looks like he’s got leverage to stay but a low bar to be recruited away IMO. $8M is lunch money to some of the “big oil” boys backing these SEC schools.
Our ADs have been terrible negotiators. They are very generous with the donors' $.

Reactions: vesuvius13
The real concern I see is if Alabama comes calling in a year or two if coach can get IU where he thinks he can. I hope he is very successful and stays until he retires pushing IU to National Title level.

Thanks in advance...
Google him.

That's pretty normal. The buyout a school owes a coach slowly goes down so the coach (and kids he's recruiting) feel like he'll be there for awhile. The buyout the coach owes the school is usually quite a bit lower, but still enough that the school that hires him away has to consider if it's worth it,as they usually end up paying it. The school hiring him away is also paying the coach they just fired their buyout so even though the buyout to hire a coach away is smaller, it's not insignificant.

Reactions: iueyedoc99
That's pretty normal. The buyout a school owes a coach slowly goes down so the coach (and kids he's recruiting) feel like he'll be there for awhile. The buyout the coach owes the school is usually quite a bit lower, but still enough that the school that hires him away has to consider if it's worth it,as they usually end up paying it. The school hiring him away is also paying the coach they just fired their buyout so even though the buyout to hire a coach away is smaller, it's not insignificant.
Did IU have to pay JMU?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT