ADVERTISEMENT

QBs In The Portal

iubhounds

All-American
Feb 15, 2002
I had commented on a different post about QBs in the portal and the lack thereof in the "room" at IU. This linked site will be interesting to watch up to January 18th, unless IU pulls next years starting QB from the spring portal. IMO, waiting until spring to find a QB is way way too late. Am I allowed to post a link like this?

QBs In The Portal

Looking at the lists of QB and OL there is an unbelievable number of them. I was shocked just how many are available. So it DOES look like there are plenty of players for CTA to fill the roster. My next question is, why isn't there more public information on who they are looking at or interested in. What about some announcements from the IU program on their Twitter or Facebook accounts on who is visiting, who has committed?

Their accounts did not hesitate to announce when a player was leaving and with the lack of announcements I can only assume not many have visited and they don't want fans to know who they struck out on. Not into conspiracies, or pessimistic comments ... just looking at facts.

Last edited:
I had commented on a different post about QBs in the portal and the lack thereof in the "room" at IU. This linked site will be interesting to watch up to January 18th, unless IU pulls next years starting QB from the spring portal. IMO, waiting until spring to find a QB is way way too late. Am I allowed to post a link like this?

QBs In The Portal

Looking at the lists of QB and OL there is an unbelievable number of them. I was shocked just how many are available. So it DOES look like there are plenty of players for CTA to fill the roster. My next question is, why isn't there more public information on who they are looking at or interested in. What about some announcements from the IU program on their Twitter or Facebook accounts on who is visiting, who has committed?

Their accounts did not hesitate to announce when a player was leaving and with the lack of announcements I can only assume not many have visited and they don't want fans to know who they struck out on. Not into conspiracies, or pessimistic comments ... just looking at facts.
Does any program officially promote who’s visiting? They can’t with HS kids. Might be true with transfers too.

Reactions: Chriselli
Does any program officially promote who’s visiting? They can’t with HS kids. Might be true with transfers too.
I have seen other schools promote those in the transfer portal and are visiting or committed. With HS kids, I see the IU basketball account show photos of recruits and parents that HAVE visited. Good question because even with the photos on social media I don't know if they can do that or not with transfers.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I have seen other schools promote those in the transfer portal and are visiting or committed. With HS kids, I see the IU basketball account show photos of recruits and parents that HAVE visited. Good question because even with the photos on social media I don't know if they can do that or not with transfers.
I think you’re mistaken. Until a kid signs the school cannot promote them. They can take photos and do edits and give them to the kid to promote but I don’t think they can do it themselves

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
I think you’re mistaken. Until a kid signs the school cannot promote them. They can take photos and do edits and give them to the kid to promote but I don’t think they can do it themselves
Hmmm I am pretty sure I have seen photos of basketball recruits that are visiting but have not committed and those were posted by the official basketball Twitter account. I guess that question will give me something to research online today.

You're right. I just scrolled back through all the posts on the official IU basketball account and there were not any posts of recruits visiting.

QBs In The Portal

Looks like a nice list of RPO QB's available for Coach Bell:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT