ADVERTISEMENT

Prisoner swap

Focus on what we are giving them.
Explain the deal in detail without looking. Explain who we got released and who we exchanged for them. Then explain in your own words exactly why it was “bad deal.” I’m confident you don’t have a clue about the details and your opinion that it was a bad deal was given to you my Trump or one of his ridiculously uninformed and deranged social media influencers. Go.

I don't think that kind of talk should disqualify him. His framing is shocking, but he's actually doing that consciously. He's clearly treating Putin as a rival in a competition, there, not a great guy.

I'm more concerned with his off-the-cuff hyperbole that isn't well thought out and is dangerous--that's the kind of stuff that should give people pause.
Hm. I don’t see the danger in any of his off-the- cuff hyperbole.

The danger comes from elaborate and deeply thought out policy positions. The most recent example being the Biden administration regarding Israel taking out radical terrorist leaders. We signaled the terrorists that we accept their terror in exchange for a cease fire and hostage release. By the way, that has been our policy offer for months and it has gotten exactly zilch except more terror and death and blocking the suez canal.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
Yeah. That’s all they want. 🙄
Do you know how the Cuban Missile Crissis was quelled?

JFK called Khrushchev and told him that we will take the ballistic missiles out of Poland.

You seem to be an advocate of big swingin dick American diplomacy.

That has its place, it’s also super dangerous and alienating.

Hm. I don’t see the danger in any of his off-the- cuff hyperbole.

The danger comes from elaborate and deeply thought out policy positions. The most recent example being the Biden administration regarding Israel taking out radical terrorist leaders. We signaled the terrorists that we accept their terror in exchange for a cease fire and hostage release. By the way, that has been our policy offer for months and it has gotten exactly zilch except more terror and death and blocking the suez canal.
Deeply thought out policy positions=danger?

I think you might want to focus on another characteristic of the policy you don't like. That it is deeply thought about is surely not the characteristic you want to object to.

I think you might want to focus on another characteristic of the policy you don't like. That it is deeply thought about is surely not the characteristic you want to object to.
It is when progressives are doing the thinking.

Explain the deal in detail without looking. Explain who we got released and who we exchanged for them. Then explain in your own words exactly why it was “bad deal.” I’m confident you don’t have a clue about the details and your opinion that it was a bad deal was given to you my Trump or one of his ridiculously uninformed and deranged social media influencers. Go.
I don't remember their names. But there were Russians who were some pretty bad dudes. It reminded me of Griner being traded for the Merchant of Death.

Guy's either a dope or a pretty good troll.

Not sure I understand. A deeply thought out policy does not make it good policy.

I think the Biden Israel/Iran policy is deeply thought, deeply held and deeply counterproductive if not deeply dangerous. It started with Obama and Biden (With Obama’s invisible hand) is making it worse.

I don't think that kind of talk should disqualify him. His framing is shocking, but he's actually doing that consciously. He's clearly treating Putin as a rival in a competition, there, not a great guy.

I'm more concerned with his off-the-cuff hyperbole that isn't well thought out and is dangerous--that's the kind of stuff that should give people pause.

I never said it should disqualify him, just stating that this kind or talk won't help him win re-election when a lot of people view Putin as the enemy and we have our former president congratulating him out of the blue.

There's absolutely no good that can come from praising Putin, especially from undecided voters.

I don't remember their names. But there were Russians who were some pretty bad dudes. It reminded me of Griner being traded for the Merchant of Death.
How many? Exactly who? Which Americans were released? Explain what made it a “bad deal.” Right now you’ve confirmed you don’t know any of it and you were told it was a “bad deal” by Trump or online by Trumpsters - so therefore it’s a bad deal. There’s a place for faith, as you should know, and it’s not politics.

Do you know how the Cuban Missile Crissis was quelled?

JFK called Khrushchev and told him that we will take the ballistic missiles out of Poland.

You seem to be an advocate of big swingin dick American diplomacy.

That has its place, it’s also super dangerous and alienating.
I do, but you apparently don’t. Poland was part of the Soviet Bloc. Wrong country.

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
Congratulating Putin on anything is going to do nothing but turn off independents that he would have a chance with.

He vomits words that shouldn't come out of his mouth during an election year because he loves to hear himself talk. If he just shut up, he'd have run away with this but now he's got a chance to lose to his opponent who couldn't even getY
Sounds like you're disappointed

Why? Because he's right? Putin did get a good deal.
Another person who only repeats what he’s told to say and believe and can’t explain exactly why it’s a “bad deal.” I’d love to hear explanations of how Trump’s prisoner swaps and releases were good deals. Especially the ones with the Taliban.

Sounds like you're disappointed

Why wouldn't I be disappointed that one of our candidates for president is congratulating a dictator on a swap that got us back a former marine and a journalist?

In the swap, we were only holding two ot three of the prisoners, being held for hacking, conspiracy to avoid sanctions and fraud. The real bad guy was being held in Germany, released with German permission, and did his crime in Germany.

How again, with who we gave up, was this a bad deal?

Reactions: Bill4411
Why wouldn't I be disappointed that one of our candidates for president is congratulating a dictator on a swap that got us back a former marine and a journalist?

In the swap, we were only holding two ot three of the prisoners, being held for hacking, conspiracy to avoid sanctions and fraud. The real bad guy was being held in Germany, released with German permission, and did his crime in Germany.

The former Marine was court-martialed and had no business being over there.

Putin got a killer back in exchange for a journalist who had his permission to be there.

Anyone who doesn't see that as a win for Putin has a hopeless case of TDS.

Putin got a killer back in exchange for a journalist who had his permission to be there.

Just proved that you know jack squat about the details of the swap and that you admire Putin like Trump does. Now try to defend Trump’s prisoner exchanges.

I'll put you down as no man left behind, unless you're told it's a bad deal. Then all bets are off.

Germany is a mess….

Anyone who thinks prisoner exchanges are zero-sum games is an idiot, anyway. Putin got what he wanted, we got what we wanted. Everyone wins.
season 2 episode 6 GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT