ADVERTISEMENT

With success comes...

BcBranimal

Redshirt
Jan 15, 2023
Hard work. I'm not talking about the team, I'm talking about site preparation for the B1G Tailgate Show, Big Noon Kickoff, and now...College Gameday. As an alum and lifelong fan of IU Football/Basketball (men AND women)/Baseball/Soccer, I can't be happier when we succeed and get recognition. As someone that is also ultimately responsible for these pregame/game broadcasts working as intended, it causes some non-fan heartburn lol. Each iteration of pregame is more demanding, so as you sit on your couch or crowd the pregame stage to get on camera, remember there are many hard working IU employees that contribute to making it happen. I'm not complaining (never daunted), we have the *best* people working behind the scenes to make it all possible. GO IU!

If the truth was known,I don’t think the conference commissioners office would be very happy with our success.
They need teams like us for the Ohio
States and Peen States to kick around.
If this continues the officials may have to stop ripping us off with the bogus holding and pass interference calls.
Don’t get me started on the targeting penalties.

Last edited:
Hard work. I'm not talking about the team, I'm talking about site preparation for the B1G Tailgate Show, Big Noon Kickoff, and now...College Gameday. As an alum and lifelong fan of IU Football/Basketball (men AND women)/Baseball/Soccer, I can't be happier when we succeed and get recognition. As someone that is also ultimately responsible for these pregame/game broadcasts working as intended, it causes some non-fan heartburn lol. Each iteration of pregame is more demanding, so as you sit on your couch or crowd the pregame stage to get on camera, remember there are many hard working IU employees that contribute to making it happen. I'm not complaining (never daunted), we have the *best* people working behind the scenes to make it all possible. GO IU!

Not sure there is anything you could even do about this but, if it's possible, we need to have the band, the Red Steppers, the cheerleaders, and as many students and fans as is practical organized to stay after the game to provide a backdrop for the Game Day talent while they're doing their Post game wrap up...

The background for the Big Noon wrap up looked kinda weak on screen... (band sort of hanging around in the distance, no one else in the scene...)...

Don't get me wrong, this isn't intended to be any type of major criticism... I doubt many even noticed... This is just meant as information to help make things look even better than they already do... (and you guys appeared to have done a great job last weekend)...

Not sure there is anything you could even do about this but, if it's possible, we need to have the band, the Red Steppers, the cheerleaders, and as many students and fans as is practical organized to stay after the game to provide a backdrop for the Game Day talent while they're doing their Post game wrap up...

The background for the Big Noon wrap up looked kinda weak on screen... (band sort of hanging around in the distance, no one else in the scene...)...

Don't get me wrong, this isn't intended to be any type of major criticism... I doubt many even noticed... This is just meant as information to help make things look even better than they already do... (and you guys appeared to have done a great job last weekend)...
I'm just an IT guy...but based on the call I was on this morning with ESPN, it should be an awesome show 😎

I'm gonna run by there tomorrow and check out the setup...if they're even doing anything yet?

I assume they break that thing down and are on the road by Saturday night at the latest?

Figure they start setting it up tomorrow or Thursday?

I'm gonna run by there tomorrow and check out the setup...if they're even doing anything yet?

I assume they break that thing down and are on the road by Saturday night at the latest?

Go on Friday afternoon if you can. That’s when I am.

Not comfortable divulging more detail than I already have....no NDA or anything like that, but I'm a private person that feels like I climbed out of my shell a bit too far lol.

Reactions: 76-1 and CG Paul
Actually, I’m a little surprised that College Gameday is coming
Nothing to to do with IU but with all of these networks tied into conferences, I’m surprised that ESPN would give any extended time whatsoever to the Big Ten.

Actually, I’m a little surprised that College Gameday is coming
Nothing to to do with IU but with all of these networks tied into conferences, I’m surprised that ESPN would give any extended time whatsoever to the Big Ten.
IU is a national story, plus McAfee apparently has some pull 🤣. B1G has 3 spots in the top 4...there are a few other top 25 matchups that might seem a better ratings decision. But I can say, in no uncertain terms, that they are excited to be here this weekend.

Reactions: 76-1
IU is a national story, plus McAfee apparently has some pull 🤣. B1G has 3 spots in the top 4...there are a few other top 25 matchups that might seem a better ratings decision. But I can say, in no uncertain terms, that they are excited to be here this weekend.
Was down in Dallas on Wed and was watching his show at Snuffers at lunch when he interviewed Cig. You can tell he and Cig click...W Penn and W Va guys and all. When Mac was basically telling him not to "eff it up" I assumed he meant last weekend, which made me almost certain they were coming this week, and not waiting for Michigan weekend. They're striking while the iron is hot.

I wish our own effing conference had as much faith and foresight. They coulda flexed/switched us to the Michigan/Michigan State prime time spot, as they are the other ET zone game...given them the noon spot.

Instead, we're stuck in the almost unheard of GameDay/noon game start...I gotta assume they'll put a stage on the field like BigNoon did for picks...or start the game at 12:30 if not?

Reactions: 76-1 and BcBranimal
Was down in Dallas on Wed and was watching his show at Snuffers at lunch when he interviewed Cig. You can tell he and Cig click...W Penn and W Va guys and all. When Mac was basically telling him not to "eff it up" I assumed he meant last weekend, which made me almost certain they were coming this week, and not waiting for Michigan weekend. They're striking while the iron is hot.

I wish our own effing conference had as much faith and foresight. They coulda flexed/switched us to the Michigan/Michigan State prime time spot, as they are the other ET zone game...given them the noon spot.

Instead, we're stuck in the almost unheard of GameDay/noon game start...I gotta assume they'll put a stage on the field like BigNoon did for picks...or start the game at 12:30 if not?
You'll just have to tune in to see...Big Noon was outside the stadium bowl. Kickoff should be a few minutes after 12. It will be fun!

Reactions: 76-1
Tune in? I live 15 mins from the stadium. 😄

Big Noon had their stage right in front of the band on the field for the final 30 mins or so before kick.
And this is why I stay in the shadows, back into my turtle shell of anominity lol. Yes they were on the field for the final stretch run and post game. Have fun creeping on the scene tomorrow, wish you luck and I'll strictly post about the actual sport from here on. I live 25 minutes from the stadium and have worked at IU for 20+ years. But that's irrelevant information

I just always assumed that when Game Day came you were on national tv. Was really disappointed to see it’s just on BTN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT