ADVERTISEMENT

Prisoner Swap

I just saw a pic of bout. He looks good. Hair like a Jonas brother. Great mustache but obviously super outdated. Maybe with a makeover he won’t want to go back to that shitty old evil life. He could get a wife still. Reform himself.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
The wrongful detention of Griner and Whelan has been in the news lately due to the release of Griner, but publicly unnoticed are some 60 Americans in foreign prisons including Russia, Venezuela, and Iran.

Undoubtedly the families of these citizens have contacted the State Department and their cases have been assigned to diplomats who work on obtaining their release.

A Reuters article on these prisoners in part states the following,

American journalist abducted and killed in Syria, says that more than 60 U.S. citizens are wrongfully detained in about 18 countries.

Some are held by top U.S. adversaries such as Iran, Russia and Venezuela.

Reactions: 76-1
So why didn't Trump at least try to get his pal Vlad to release Whelan? Just wondering your take, since you are so unhappy that Whelan hasn't been released...

Do you know for a fact he didn't?
Do you know for a fact he didn't?

Well I guess that depends. Do you believe Trump?

Of course the reason Trump is admitting (and rationalizing why) that he turned down the deal is that both Bolton and now Fiona Hill have come out and basically said he had no interest in getting Whelan released. And I'm not sure how he could have kept Griner from "being taken" since he wasn't at the airport with her, and couldn't keep Whelan from being captured on his watch. Just more orange fat guy nonsense for morons to unthinkingly slurp up...

"Former Trump White House national security official Fiona Hill said Sunday that the deal to swap Bout for Whelan was a possibility while Trump was in office.

“At the particular time, I also have to say here that President Trump wasn’t especially interested in engaging in that swap for also Paul Whelan. He was not particularly interested in Paul’s case in the way that one would have thought he would be,” Hill said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” with Margaret Brennan."

So trading Whelan for Bout was a horrible idea to Trump. But trading 500 Taliban prisoners for (fill in the blank here) was a good idea?

So back to my original question, are you upset that Trump left Whelan behind? How do you respond to this line from Trump's post?...

"I would have gotten Paul out, however, just as I did with a record number of other hostages."

Last edited:
Well I guess that depends. Do you believe Trump?

Of course the reason Trump is admitting (and rationalizing why) that he turned down the deal is that both Bolton and now Fiona Hill have come out and basically said he had no interest in getting Whelan released. And I'm not sure how he could have kept Griner from "being taken" since he wasn't at the airport with her, and couldn't keep Whelan from being captured on his watch. Just more orange fat guy nonsense for morons to unthinkingly slurp up...

"Former Trump White House national security official Fiona Hill said Sunday that the deal to swap Bout for Whelan was a possibility while Trump was in office.

“At the particular time, I also have to say here that President Trump wasn’t especially interested in engaging in that swap for also Paul Whelan. He was not particularly interested in Paul’s case in the way that one would have thought he would be,” Hill said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” with Margaret Brennan."

So trading Whelan for Bout was a horrible idea to Trump. But trading 500 Taliban prisoners for (fill in the blank here) was a good idea?

So back to my original question, are you upset that Trump left Whelan behind? How do you respond to this line from Trump's post?...

"I would have gotten Paul out, however, just as I did with a record number of other hostages."
JFC what kind of bizarre world do you live in? IT is a message board. 99.9999% of the world doesnt take this shit as seriously as you do. There has to be something else you can find to be more productive than posting books on here to every reply.

The wrongful detention of Griner and Whelan has been in the news lately due to the release of Griner, but publicly unnoticed are some 60 Americans in foreign prisons including Russia, Venezuela, and Iran.

Undoubtedly the families of these citizens have contacted the State Department and their cases have been assigned to diplomats who work on obtaining their release.

A Reuters article on these prisoners in part states the following,

American journalist abducted and killed in Syria, says that more than 60 U.S. citizens are wrongfully detained in about 18 countries.

Some are held by top U.S. adversaries such as Iran, Russia and Venezuela.

what about all those in jail/prison in the US for pot offenses.

what's Biden doing to get them out, being for decades he did all he could to put them in, and still is.

Russia isn't the only bad actor on the mj front.

that said, others will pay the price for Griner's beyond belief stupidity and arrogance.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
I’m enjoying bout’s release interviews and the new persona he’s adopted. He doesn’t agree with all the damn pronouns. And he’s not a fan of all the woke shit. He exudes TOXIC masculinity! He said his damn defense lawyer kept hitting on him lol. But he says we all need to be more forgiving lol. He needs to stay here and get a reality show. He said Griner reached for him. They should get a show together!! Curtain drop!

• Haha
Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
JFC what kind of bizarre world do you live in? IT is a message board. 99.9999% of the world doesnt take this shit as seriously as you do. There has to be something else you can find to be more productive than posting books on here to every reply.
Bots will bot!

Hoopsdoc,

If you are in charge of the news and you have two differing accounts, one based on an off-the-record unnamed source and the other an on-the-record recorded speech by the US Secretary of State, which version do you present to the public?
Both.
Let the reader discern..

I’m enjoying bout’s release interviews and the new persona he’s adopted. He doesn’t agree with all the damn pronouns. And he’s not a fan of all the woke shit. He exudes TOXIC masculinity! He said his damn defense lawyer kept hitting on him lol. But he says we all need to be more forgiving lol. He needs to stay here and get a reality show. He said Griner reached for him. They should get a show together!! Curtain drop!
Speaking of Viktor Bout who is known as the "Merchant of Death" for his notorious global arms dealing, guess which country is the world's biggest arms merchant.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I won't go so far as to say they should have been executed, but it is amazing how the same people that rail against Biden's actions in the mess in Afghanistan that he inherited seem to conveniently forget that those Trump released Taliban were Key to the Taliban offensive that swept across Afghanistan in the summer of 2021. Where do they think all those division commanders leading the assault came from? OCS? ;)

That's why I said that any Pub House calls to "investigate Afghanistan" are just window dressing designed to fire up stupid people. Trump's fingerprints are all over that disaster, even though stupid people are unwilling to admit it...

Do they think the Taliban cares about being “a legitimate member of the international community”?

Reactions: Morrison
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT