ADVERTISEMENT

Prisoner Swap

You think the conservatives in this thread would be dumping on it if trump is the one that had made the deal?

You give them more credit than they deserve.
Amazing..., or I suppose not... The Trump Syndrome raises its head... Nothing if not consistent...

Now I remember why I stopped wasting time here...

Trump...., but Trump... Trump, Trump...., and an extra special... ;Rolling on the floor, while squirming and alternating pounding and kicking the deck, letting out your very best little girl version of your highest level piercing whine- TRUMP !!!!!!!!
🙄

Almost forgot - then you revert to your trademark Hyna Laugh Emoji -

What a waste of oxygen...

Last edited:
NBC originally reported the above before editing their story.

I’m not sure why they changed their story.
Not sure?

The same administration which abandoned $85 Billion of modern armaments in Afghanistan to the Taliban, has poured an estimated $500 Billion of armaments and training into the Ukraine disaster, and wants to disarm the American public, just traded a tall lesbian basketballer for a person affectionately known as 'The Merchant of Death'..

..not sure why NBC censored their own content....

No, you guys love (vaccinated) soldiers. So much so that Obama traded a bunch of terrorists for just 1. Of course, it helped that he was a traitor.
You guys love soldiers. Well, as long as they don’t get captured. Or as long as they don’t speak against Trump, gold star family or not. Or as long as you are a general who agrees with Trump, if not , you don’t know what you’re talking about. Or really as Trump would say, I don’t get it. What’s in it for them?
Your side really loves the military. Right?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Not sure?

The same administration which abandoned $85 Billion of modern armaments in Afghanistan to the Taliban, has poured an estimated $500 Billion of armaments and training into the Ukraine disaster, and wants to disarm the American public, just traded a tall lesbian basketballer for a person affectionately known as 'The Merchant of Death'..

..not sure why NBC censored their own content....
Your "facts" are all false. We didn't leave $85 billion worth of arms in Afghanistan, the total military arms we provided Afghanistan during our entire time there was less than $20 billion, and US military aid to Ukraine hasn't even reached $40 billion yet. Where do you get this nonsense?

Last edited:
Your "facts" are all false. We didn't leave $85 billion worth of arms in Afghanistan, the total military arms we provided Afghanistan during our entire time there was less than $20 billion, and US military aid to Ukraine hasn't even reached $40 billion yet. Where do you get this nonsense?
Source?

Yes, that was my question. Where do you get that nonsense? It’s not close to accurate. The military aid to Ukraine number you provided is incredibly ludicrous. That would dwarf the entire military budget of Russia and most every country in the world. If you have a source for that I’d love to see it. It deserves public ridicule.

Reactions: outside shooter
You guys love soldiers. Well, as long as they don’t get captured. Or as long as they don’t speak against Trump, gold star family or not. Or as long as you are a general who agrees with Trump, if not , you don’t know what you’re talking about. Or really as Trump would say, I don’t get it. What’s in it for them?
Your side really loves the military. Right?
Did you get excited every time you found a way to type Trump in your post? You are so ridiculously over the top with hatred .

Reactions: stollcpa
So I clearly think one of the reasons Putin did this was to sow division in the U.S.A. And I believe that Biden wanted to get Griner, partially, for domestic political concerns.

But I don't think you can say Biden was played like a fiddle for getting her if that was the only offer put forward because of the potential division in the U.S.A. I don't think the Prez. can let that enter his decision-making on the prudence of the trade. She is an American citizen after all.

Following up on that last sentence, I'll be perturbed if Griner comes back and makes attacks on the U.S.A., but that's her right as a citizen and I'd fight for her right to do that.
First of all, I think you’re one of the best posters here. You’re intelligent and reasonable. The atheism knocks you down a bit, but I can live with that. :D

I do think you’re wrong here, though. I don’t think Biden got played because that was the only offer put forward.

I think Biden got played because Putin knew Griner was the only offer he NEEDED to put forward. IE, Griner was who Biden wanted because that’s who moved the needle most with his base. He made Biden choose between Griner and Whelan KNOWING who Biden would choose and how that would play here in the states. It would pit half the country against the other half.

IE, that it would cause the shitstorm it has caused.

Biden got played because he played the game on Putin’s terms.

Actually, the Special Inspector General Audit (Sigar) placed the number at $83 billion. You say $20 Billion. Like the Ukraine casualty figures revealed by the President of The EU,
and corroborated by a retired former advisor to the President, you know better!
You know more than the SIGAR..

Sky News Investigates
BBC
USA Today
Reuters
Forbes Policy

And from 'Defenseone.com'
9/20/21.

"Even if rendered inoperable, equipment now in the hands of the Taliban will yield troves of information about how the US builds weapons and uses them"

I just spent an hour looking this up. It was easy.

The American people are sick of being lied to by people like you.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Amazing..., or I suppose not... The Trump Syndrome raises its head... Nothing if not consistent...

Now I remember why I stopped wasting time here...

Trump...., but Trump... Trump, Trump...., and an extra special... ; mmmRolling on the floor, while squirming and alternating pounding and kicking the deck, letting out your very best little girl version of your highest level piercing whine- TRUMP !!!!!!!!
🙄
The post was more about hypocrisy. But you apparently missed the point. Not shocking that you can get your panties in a twist over one word without comprehending the entire post.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Actually, the Special Inspector General Audit (Sigar) placed the number at $83 billion. You say $20 Billion. Like the Ukraine casualty figures revealed by the President of The EU,
and corroborated by a retired former advisor to the President, you know better!
You know more than the SIGAR.

Sky News Investigates
BBC
USA Today
Reuters
Forbes Policy

And from 'Defenseone.com'
9/20/21.

"Even if rendered inoperable, equipment now in the hands of the Taliban will yield troves of information about how the US builds weapons and uses them"

I just spent an hour looking this up. It was easy.

The American people are sick of being lied to by people like you.
Links! How many times do I have to ask you to link your sources? That stuff is total nonsense. You're either unable to understand what you're reading or you're getting a silly twist on this from the silly sites.

SIGAR stands for Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction. It reported no such number of $83 billion for military articles for Afghanistan. It reported that for "security" and only part of that security, less than $20 billion, was for military equipment because that was all that was provided. The rest is construction of bases, counternarcotics training, police training and support, military training, internment camps and sustainment for housing Taliban and terrorists, etc., etc.

The military aid you say we've provided to Ukraine is ludicrously stupid. It's not possible. Most of what has been provided to Ukraine is in the form of Excess Defense Articles and you think we're going to give them all of our arms and leave none for ourselves. We absolutely are NOT giving Ukraine arms that grossly exceeds the defense spending of nearly every country in the world - all except the US, basically. It's totally stupid and I'm trying to help you not be stupid.

You cannot find these numbers in a Google search of any reputable sources. I just did and couldn't even find a silly site that provides numbers for military equipment, and I already keep my finger on the pulse of military defense articles, services and training provided by the US through sales (the vast majority) or through direct support. Those numbers are all false.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosboot
First of all, I think you’re one of the best posters here. You’re intelligent and reasonable. The atheism knocks you down a bit, but I can live with that. :D

I do think you’re wrong here, though. I don’t think Biden got played because that was the only offer put forward.

I think Biden got played because Putin knew Griner was the only offer he NEEDED to put forward. IE, Griner was who Biden wanted because that’s who moved the needle most with his base. He made Biden choose between Griner and Whelan KNOWING who Biden would choose and how that would play here in the states. It would pit half the country against the other half.

IE, that it would cause the shitstorm it has caused.

Biden got played because he played the game on Putin’s terms.
If Biden had the option for Whelan and there isn’t something about Whelan we don’t know, I totally agree he made the wrong deal.

I just don’t know that that is true.

Take out Whelan, etc., and let’s not morally judge Griner for her past idiocy—was it an ok trade? I think that’s arguable (I’d actually say no, it was not). But I can see the other side.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
I think Biden got played because Putin knew Griner was the only offer he NEEDED to put forward. IE, Griner was who Biden wanted because that’s who moved the needle most with his base. He made Biden choose between Griner and Whelan KNOWING who Biden would choose and how that would play here in the states.

It's necessary to speculate that the administration was given a choice so the narrative that Biden got played can be put forth. If they were told that Whelan was off the table, that it's Griner for Bout or nothing, then that particular "played" narrative doesn't work.

So tell me, why do you believe we were given a choice?

Take out Whelan, etc., and let’s not morally judge Griner for her past idiocy—was it an ok trade? I think that’s arguable (I’d actually say no, it was not). But I can see the other side.

Whelan has to be part of it so the administration can be painted as choosing a gay black lesbian over a Marine.

Reactions: outside shooter
Q said so.

Yes, that was my question. Where do you get that nonsense? It’s not close to accurate. The military aid to Ukraine number you provided is incredibly ludicrous. That would dwarf the entire military budget of Russia and most every country in the world. If you have a source for that I’d love to see it. It deserves public ridicule.
So regardless of the source, even if our own government ,
without you even reading the material, you judge it deserving of public ridicule.

Why don't you comment about a topic you might know something about.

Question; How do TWO US Navy warships, on combat patrol , manage to collide with 12 knot merchant ships,
drowning 13 sailors in their bunks?
I'll wait.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
It's necessary to speculate that the administration was given a choice so the narrative that Biden got played can be put forth. If they were told that Whelan was off the table, that it's Griner for Bout or nothing, then that particular "played" narrative doesn't work.

So tell me, why do you believe we were given a choice?
Because that was what we were originally told, by NBC, via a senior member of the administration.

Then it blew up.

Then the administration changed its story.

I’m cynical enough to believe, based on this administrations history, and American politics in general, that the original story was what actually happened and it only changed when it blew up in their faces. Then they tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

I think that’s a perfectly reasonable assessment of what actually happened. In fact, based on what I’ve seen, I think it’s the ONLY reasonable assessment of what happened.

So regardless of the source, even if our own government ,
without you even reading the material, you judge it deserving of public ridicule.

Why don't you comment about a topic you might know something about.

Question; How do TWO US Navy warships, on combat patrol , manage to collide with 12 knot merchant ships,
drowning 13 sailors in their bunks?
I'll wait.
You didn't understand what the SIGAR has found. Not at all.

Which two ships are you talking about colliding with merchant ships? Two ships and one merchant ship or two Navy ships and two merchant ships. Where? Link!

Last edited:
You don’t think the topic warrants discussion or you just object to doing so in this thread because of who started it?

You know, a lot of people have commented in this thread. There are some valid points being made by both sides.

It’s a shame you’re stamping your feet and not participating because of who started it.
It's more about the how than the who, although the who do have a track record.

Because that was what we were originally told, by NBC, via a senior member of the administration.

Then it blew up.

Then the administration changed its story.

I’m cynical enough to believe, based on this administrations history, and American politics in general, that the original story was what actually happened and it only changed when it blew up in their faces. Then they tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

I think that’s a perfectly reasonable assessment of what actually happened. In fact, based on what I’ve seen, I think it’s the ONLY reasonable assessment of what happened.
Wait, what? I didn't see that report.

If Biden had the option for Whelan and there isn’t something about Whelan we don’t know, I totally agree he made the wrong deal.

I just don’t know that that is true.

It is not arguable and it is not OK. Also it has NOTHING to do with what we got. It is 100% totally about what we released back into uncontrolled society. This is way past Brittany and any of her shit, and was way past it 2 second after the announcement. Joe Biden's administration, Those who are in control of forcing Joe Biden himself verbally state his policies making it appear to be his policies, just released Hitler reincarnate.
This has nothing to do with, we only had one option. There is NEVER just one option. The only card on the table was that the biden puppet masters needed this evil arms trader out and they did what it took to make it look like biden did it. Biden aint done shit!
Xi and putin and.... et all own DC, becuase they have spent the time and $$$$ to own it. American politicians today will not be Paul Revere, They are Benedict Arnold. Only exception, they've already surrendered us, while we argued about lip stick on our nuclear waste expert. GO US !

NBC originally reported the above before editing their story.

I’m not sure why they changed their story.
I missed this. Yeah, that’s not good. I agree with GOAT—FIFO.

By the way, I’m surprised people angry about Griner’s release aren’t making more of her domestic violence charge against her ex.

Thanks. If we did actually have a choice, I'd love to know the reasoning behind the decision. I'd prefer a strict FIFO policy to avoid making those kinds of judgments.

FIFO should be the policy.

No, it should be like for like. Spy for spy, druggie for druggie, terrorist for freedom fighter, etc.

And yes, I know that sure didn't happen with Griner for Bout.

You guys are disgusting.

Do you really think that the people negotiating were more concerned about one over the other? That they got to pick? The Russians were the other half of the negotiation. It's not like we could dictate terms.
Just what do you mean by “you guys”??

No, it should be like for like. Spy for spy, druggie for druggie, terrorist for freedom fighter, etc.

And yes, I know that sure didn't happen with Griner for Bout.
Well, you're comparing whom we get to whom we give up, and I can see that, but I was talking more about whom we get compared to whom we could have gotten. All other things being equal, I'd prefer we bring home the person who has been locked up the longest. Only because it avoids these kinds of arguments about whether or not someone got special consideration for political reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT