ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction: Badgers

Kyser123

Sophomore
Feb 16, 2019
Will bust the IU bubble. Badgers 69 Hoosiers 64. IU will lose first game of BTT and the apologists will start the “next year” talk and spending the off season pumping up the new recruits. And I’m predicting Dayton ( who many say hasn’t played anyone) goes to at least Sweet 16, and possibly elite 8/FF.

Reactions: IUgradman
Will bust the IU bubble. Badgers 69 Hoosiers 64. IU will lose first game of BTT and the apologists will start the “next year” talk and spending the off season pumping up the new recruits. And I’m predicting Dayton ( who many say hasn’t played anyone) goes to at least Sweet 16, and possibly elite 8/FF.
AND....we're off!

70-63 bad guys

Much like Purdue they are just a bad, bad matchup for the pack line.

The Badgers under Greg Gard are what they always have been dating back to Bo Ryan’s tenure — a team that emphasizes minimizing possessions and playing a half-court game. Additionally, Ken Pomeroy rates Wisconsin’s defense 24th nationally. That’s a deadly combination for this IU team. Add in the Badgers’ recent winning streak and it spells out a loss for the Hoosiers on senior day.

Wisconsin 72, IU 60.

I'll be there like always and I say a low scoring 63-57 kind of affair. Good guys. I didn't hate Buckey until they put 85 on us in football with that A$$hat coach, Bolemia or whatever. Hopefully, after the Arkansas debacle, he's in soup and bread line.

I’m glad you’re not even pretending to be an IU fan any longer.

I’m glad you’re not even pretending to be an IU fan any longer.
I am a fan. Just tired of crap hoops year after year, and the defender fans that just continue to accept it. Wisconsin is a good team who is playing well. Very likely they’ll beat IU. More likely CAM will get out coached. Sorry - I don’t want to settle for squeaking into the tournament. Just as any real fan shouldn’t.

To win it is the same recipe.
1. Don’t turn the ball over.
2. Rebound
3. Make good shot selections
4. Avoid giving up runs.
5. Get to the FT line.
Can we do that against WI?

I am a fan. Just tired of crap hoops year after year, and the defender fans that just continue to accept it. Wisconsin is a good team who is playing well. Very likely they’ll beat IU. More likely CAM will get out coached. Sorry - I don’t want to settle for squeaking into the tournament. Just as any real fan shouldn’t.
Were you one of the clowns that railed about how bad a team Wisconsin smoked us in December and we had lost to a totally crap team. What you think of them now?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Keister123post: 2893439 said:

usually people don’t sully the prediction post with their stupid diary entries. Thanks!

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
This Wisconsin team is a testament to how good their program is. This isn’t a very good collection of individual players for the badgers, but the sum is much greater than the collection of the individual parts. They rely on fundamentals, basketball IQ, valuing each possession and consistency. In a conference that’s deep, but weak at the top compared to any other year, the badgers have put themselves in contention.

it’s what I expected Miller would bring to the table at IU. So far he hasn’t. Our team has a very good collection of individual pieces, an excellent collection of front court talent, and guards good enough that we should have a conference record like UW. For whatever reason, we have only played well in short spurts, and we keep finding ourselves in these awful stretches where we look like we forgot to play basketball.

asking us to play one of our more complete games of the year today, against a Buckeyes team that will make us work, is a tall order. But I think that’s what happens. IU puts it all together, knocks UW off of group at the top, and cements our status in the tourney .

72-61 the team in white.

Were you one of the clowns that railed about how bad a team Wisconsin smoked us in December and we had lost to a totally crap team. What you think of them now?
I think they have a good coach who can motivate and make them better. Yes I was wrong about Wisconsin’s potential this year.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
You’re not a fan. Fans want their team to win. Fans want their team to get progressively better. Fans want their team to earn a spot in the NCAA tournament. You don’t want any of that for this team. Our team. You’re not a fan.

there are expectations for a season and there are expectations for the program. In my mind these are very different things.

my expectations for the program are much lower than they used to be. I think that’s very common among IU fans, though some will dispute it. Still, even though I think IU has most likely won their last National Championship, I am hopeful that we can make vast improvements to our program and be a a program like Wisconsin has had over the last 20 or so years. That would be a massive jump.

my expectations for this season were:
IU should easily make the tourney, be around a 6 seed, somewhere in the lower part of the top 25, win about 13 conference games, and have a reasonable chance at sweet 16. Basically, I expected IU to be as good as Wisconsin has been this season (or penn state for that matter). We’ve underperformed MY expectations for this season.

The silver lining is that we should still make the tourney, and will have as good of a chance at advancing as anyone. And our recruiting seems to be pretty good.

On a side note: to those posters that still have expectations that IU basketball should be an elite program, and you find yourselves on here all the time venting and complaining, I get where you’re coming from. It’s just been too long for me. My passion and expectations have taken too much of a hit. The good news is I have some new hobbies I can obsess over instead of IUBB.

Reactions: Upset Alert
You’re not a fan. Fans want their team to win. Fans want their team to get progressively better. Fans want their team to earn a spot in the NCAA tournament. You don’t want any of that for this team. Our team. You’re not a fan.
And you’re a silly troll who’s easy to spot.

Gerdis, you have expressed exactly how I feel. I only watch about half the games, and it's always on DVR, and that from a guy who used to schedule his week around these games. I grew up watching Knight teams and I became a huge fan as a young man and into adulthood. Now I still hope they do well but no longer have the passion I once had. I like Coach Miller but honestly he appears to not be the right guy.

And fans have expectations and don’t settle settle for a BS product for 20 years and continued bad hires for coaching. Real fans don’t continue to “want” and “hope” for magical fairy dust to keep telling themselves it’ll get better next year. You’re not a fan, you’re an enabler.

And fans have expectations and don’t settle settle for a BS product for 20 years and continued bad hires for coaching. Real fans don’t continue to “want” and “hope” for magical fairy dust to keep telling themselves it’ll get better next year. You’re not a fan, you’re an enabler.
The idea that you have higher expectations than I do is absolutely ludicrous. It’s moronic.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I'll be there like always and I say a low scoring 63-57 kind of affair. Good guys. I didn't hate Buckey until they put 85 on us in football with that A$$hat coach, Bolemia or whatever. Hopefully, after the Arkansas debacle, he's in soup and bread line.

He’s not, not that we give a crap. UW football keeps humming as does b-ball. Good game today.

there are expectations for a season and there are expectations for the program. In my mind these are very different things.

my expectations for the program are much lower than they used to be. I think that’s very common among IU fans, though some will dispute it. Still, even though I think IU has most likely won their last National Championship, I am hopeful that we can make vast improvements to our program and be a a program like Wisconsin has had over the last 20 or so years. That would be a massive jump.

my expectations for this season were:
IU should easily make the tourney, be around a 6 seed, somewhere in the lower part of the top 25, win about 13 conference games, and have a reasonable chance at sweet 16. Basically, I expected IU to be as good as Wisconsin has been this season (or penn state for that matter). We’ve underperformed MY expectations for this season.

The silver lining is that we should still make the tourney, and will have as good of a chance at advancing as anyone. And our recruiting seems to be pretty good.

On a side note: to those posters that still have expectations that IU basketball should be an elite program, and you find yourselves on here all the time venting and complaining, I get where you’re coming from. It’s just been too long for me. My passion and expectations have taken too much of a hit. The good news is I have some new hobbies I can obsess over instead of IUBB.
Well said.

Reactions: .Gerdis
I’m extremely embarrassed by our program and dumb fans such as yourself.
Honest question - do you whine and cry in the real world too? You can’t inspire confidence in others when you whine and cry when you’re not emotionally gratified. It would mostly inspire laughter.

Honest question - do you whine and cry in the real world too? You can’t inspire confidence in others when you whine and cry when you’re not emotionally gratified. It would mostly inspire laughter.
Golf clap for you. However, still no substance to your post. In actually in leadership , and we don’t settle for excuses , wants , or hopes. It’s very simple - he’s not getting the job done. And do you make excuses in every aspect of your life due to your inability to separate facts from feeling.

He’s not, not that we give a crap. UW football keeps humming as does b-ball. Good game today.
UW football keeps humming? What to lose to O$U every year in the B1G championship. Can't wait to beat your A$$ in the first game of the year. Penix will carve you up like a Thanksgiving turkey!

Golf clap for you. However, still no substance to your post. In actually in leadership , and we don’t settle for excuses , wants , or hopes. It’s very simple - he’s not getting the job done. And do you make excuses in every aspect of your life due to your inability to separate facts from feeling.
I’ve not made any excuses. I’ve already explained that to you. I appreciate and recognize facts and I’m not driven by my emotions. You clearly are driven by your emotions and that is a trait of poor leaders. It’s never inspiring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT