ADVERTISEMENT

Portal

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
Some are saying that no need to worry about only getting one guy this fall they say we will just load up in the portal. But some are saying we did not land a guard last spring because the portal was super weak for guards. So how is that a recruiting strategy if as they claim there were no guards of note to get . Seems very flawed to me if you cannot be assured the type of guy you need will be available in the spring. Just curious on others thoughts on this.

People disagree. Who cares.

There will always be someone available, but we won't ever be able to count on it, because we won't know who they are until after the season. Maybe it will be a kid who wants us, like Sparks. Maybe it will be a guy like that jagoff from Rutgers who went to Uconn. Doesn't really matter if they don't play any harder than we did today.

It is safe to say Woodson prefers to keep a ride available so he can snag a March decommit. He's done that every year--but only Reneau has maybe played up to his ranking.

Some are saying that no need to worry about only getting one guy this fall they say we will just load up in the portal. But some are saying we did not land a guard last spring because the portal was super weak for guards. So how is that a recruiting strategy if as they claim there were no guards of note to get . Seems very flawed to me if you cannot be assured the type of guy you need will be available in the spring. Just curious on others thoughts on this.
Many also said not to worry about the ‘23 class because the staff was really focused on ‘24. Thus far it’s landed one commit and he isn’t a guard.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why this staff has such a hard time recruiting guards with the NIL resources at their disposal. Beginning to wonder if our throw it in the post style of play is scaring good guards away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT