ADVERTISEMENT

Please no NIT

hoosier48

Junior
May 21, 2008
let the misery be over. Fire CTC now and get an early start on a coach. Need to let recruits know we have a good coach with a contract. Who knows with the right coach we might get Romeo

let the misery be over. Fire CTC now and get an early start on a coach. Need to let recruits know we have a good coach with a contract. Who knows with the right coach we might get Romeo
I still want IU to play in the NIT if they are invited.

I still want IU to play in the NIT if they are invited.
ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

If Crean is fired or leaves for another position, I say we play if the players want to.

If nothing is announced about Crean, I'd rather not play.

Reactions: hoosier48
If Crean is fired or leaves for another position, I say we play if the players want to.

If nothing is announced about Crean, I'd rather not play.

Yeah, if the boys in candy stripes show up, I'll watch and cheer them on. NIT still sucks though.

If you are trying to build momentum for the next year or if your fan base is excited and you can play some home games, the NIT makes sense. For IU, I don't see it. Hard to imagine fans want to pay for NIT games.

I have not seen Crean at any of Brook's games but I have seen Pitino there.
If the NIT extends an offer, IU is committed to participate. That contract had to be signed by schools several weeks ago and it was reported that IU consented. Pretty sure the NIT will offer and the Hoosiers will play. Not sure I care enough to watch though.

The reason to go to the N.I.T. is money. Money for the school, I'm guessing, and a clause in Coach Crean's contract that pays him a bonus for any "post-season tournament."

I am all for trying to win as many games as possible in the NIT. It's sort of "sore loser" to not go, and it's a well run tourney with some decent teams.

Frm a historical perspective, IU owes it to their own legacy to try to get their winning percentage up.

I am all for trying to win as many games as possible in the NIT. It's sort of "sore loser" to not go, and it's a well run tourney with some decent teams.

Frm a historical perspective, IU owes it to their own legacy to try to get their winning percentage up.
CTC is a terrible "sore loser". The Iowa game he couldn't get enough handshakes when normally he does a blow by or worse.
The players already act like they don't care or care to listen. That's on CTC as well though.
If we must play, I hope he is gone. Maybe people will watch.

If you are trying to build momentum for the next year or if your fan base is excited and you can play some home games, the NIT makes sense. For IU, I don't see it. Hard to imagine fans want to pay for NIT games.
I was still on campus for the IU/Vandy NIT game in 05. It was embarrassing how empty Assembly Hall was.
I had friends go but I was one of the guys who watched the game in Nick's instead of going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT