ADVERTISEMENT

Ping G30 driver

Foosier

All-Big Ten
Sep 5, 2001
Anyone hit one of these? My driver recently bit the dust and I'm looking for a replacement. Borrowed this demo from my pro shop and hit the hell out of it on the range. Played 9 holes with inconsistent results. Hit my drive on 9 about 290 and been thinking about buying ever since.

I'm a seven handicap ... Have been hitting Ping for years. Bought G30 last fall ... Been killing it!

Poor drives around 260 ... Most in the 280-310 range. Hit one 325 ... But more importantly been driving the fairway with consistency. Highly recommend.

I'm a seven handicap ... Have been hitting Ping for years. Bought G30 last fall ... Been killing it!

Poor drives around 260 ... Most in the 280-310 range. Hit one 325 ... But more importantly been driving the fairway with consistency. Highly recommend.
Thanks. I've been a bit concerned about how damn high I hit that club. I was afraid I'm just ballooning the ball, but it didn't seem to lose distance. When I broke my driver I used an old Ping G2 I had in the basement and hit it decent. Obviously technology has come a long way.

Anyone hit one of these? My driver recently bit the dust and I'm looking for a replacement. Borrowed this demo from my pro shop and hit the hell out of it on the range. Played 9 holes with inconsistent results. Hit my drive on 9 about 290 and been thinking about buying ever since.

Yep; we had G30s for our rental clubs at Grayhawk in Scottsdale... SUPER LIGHT.

I hit the G25 when I was getting fitted for a driver and it didn't compare favorably at all to the TM Jet Speed. I have nothing against Ping as the G25 irons are sitting in my bag right now. I guess what I am saying is get fitted. Different strokes for different folks. Driver head specs, shaft, grip, etc. It's all worth the extra time and money to get it right.

Reactions: twenty02
Big fan of the Titleist 915D2 personally. Not the longest on the market, but certainly respectable. But much easier to control.

I'm still using my Taylor Made R9 I bought 5 years ago or so.

I have been hitting my drives much better the past couple months... Today I carried 270 on average...

May look at the new M1 next year.

God....I remember when you mo's used to keep to the bathhouses and truck stops.

Reactions: largemouth
***Thread hijack*** Has anyone broken down and gotten the Game Golf GPS device yet? I got it as a groomsmen gift this summer and it's pretty sweet. Basically it tracks your stats (FIR, GIR, scrambling, distance for each club, dispersion, etc.). The website interface is pretty cool in that you can explore courses and rounds played on them from other people allowing you to see how people play certain holes. You can set up challenges with friends who also have the system. It's definitely worth checking out if you play a fair amount of golf.

I play the G20. Great Driver. If the G30 is any sort of upgrade, it is a no brainer.

Thought you were coughing up CTC splooge all day. How the hell are you out golfing if you're so sick?

Sluggo wonders if your hero McNutt would approve of you hacking phlegm up all over the course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT