ADVERTISEMENT

People have asked about a new Mod in these parts...

I'd just like to make one thing clear, now that Mark has outed himself. If you find your brilliant post suddenly deleted, and you can't figure out why, you can stop assuming I did it and getting all up in my ass about it. You can now just assume Mark is the arrogant jerk who is on a power trip.

Lookin' at you, @MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
STFU. This thread ain’t about you.

😐

Cray, our conversations the past two days have been the best we've ever had. Have you changed? Have I changed? Is the idea of Mod Mark just that goddamn scary? What a mystery!
Yes on the last. You Taking the ''tard'' thread down right away helped. There are words and then words.

I admitted my SS mistake and you were cordial. We both know a few of our run ins were from some drinking late night. I'm just not big on the whole I'm the new sheriff in town when the new sheriff has a history of bias.

I never take it to the sports boards and will be one of the first to say take it somewhere else. Hell, had I been you I probably would have given me a couple vacations. I'd mostly rather handle my own arguments. He will get tired of it.

toy-story-lotso.gif
Not

Mark provided the OP for this thread.

I did "like" your first post in the thread . . . the one where you said you wanted to campaign to be a mod. But don't fret if it doesn't work . . . it's been tried before and failed. Besides, I'm thinking that Mark's timing was good . . . Cajun quit, if you can believe Goat and NPT, and I have no reason to doubt them. So you might have to wait until there's an opening before you get the hammer.
You’re wrong.

It was more fun earlier in the week when I was zapping posts like a madman and no one knew wtf was going on.
Ordy says he is coming here from the FB board to raise the same hell here and knock out your authoritI.

Everyone can blame you. I lost bets and one of your requests was to get this done. Cavanagh's always pay their debts! I miss game of thrones.

Just like the crooked noses taking over the Local 182 union.... first you've got to get your mark in gambling debt..... then you can leverage to get your stoodge in a power position. It's all coming together.

See above. There was a coup d'é·tat. The owner of the site is a good guy. His focus is the premium board. The Cooler is left up to the wannabes. Congrats to Mark & Goat.
To be clear, Goat had nothing to do with me getting the hammer.

If Cavanagh and twenty had some kind of deal, I sure wasn't aware of it.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucy01
To be clear, Goat had nothing to do with me getting the hammer.

If Cavanagh and twenty had some kind of deal, I sure wasn't aware of it.
Goat had nothing to do with it. Cavanaugh is great dude. I am good if he’s good. Actually if I didn’t get so pissed at you liberals, I’d post reasonable like Twenty. That’s my excuse anyway. 😂

If you really stop personal insults you have done something great for this site. Gotta feeling though it isn’t going to matter. The Cooler is going to be the love fest for the Dems.

BTW It should be illegal for a Mod to bring back my post I deleted before you responded. 😂

Reactions: Lucy01
People have been asking if I'm now a moderator. Yes, I am. There was a time
when people claimed if that ever happened they'd leave. Well, now's your
chance.

I'm deleting posts and replies that are little more than "You're an idiot" or a
variation of that. Posts that call out other posters and claim they're stupid
or suffering from BDS or TDS are getting deleted as well. Bottom line is I'm
taking down all the direct personal attacks on other posters.

That said, good natured smack talk and clever chops busting will be allowed and
encouraged. I know what that looks like. If there's any question I'll ask
yo' momma, since she'll be right here with me.

I won't catch everything and won't get everything right, either. You get what
you pay for. If you are posting good thoughtful content, don't make me delete
it over a gratuitous, unnecessary "You're stupid" thrown in.

Solid long term posters who consistently add content will be given the benefit
of the doubt. People who consistently shit post won't.

Lucy will get more latitude than most anybody, because Lucy.

TMP will get a pass on his one word "Dumb" replies. It's a trademark.
Otherwise, I'm going to ask that he try and keep himself reined in.

Use the Report button if something gets posted that's way out of line.
Understand that I'm not at a desk job anymore and can't actively do much during
the day, and I also go to bed a lot earlier than many of you. If a shitstorm
breaks out it may take some time to get to it.

I don't have any desire to ban people or do time outs or vaycays but I'm not
opposed to it. If I spend all my time cleaning up your crap, don't be surprised
when I get my fill of it.

My mod powers don't include the ability initiate PMs, but if you send me one
then the channel is open and we can have a discussion that way if anyone likes.
I've tried to do a back door kind of messaging via the Warn function, but I'm
not sure it's worked. I'll explore other avenues. For the time being, if anyone
wants to discuss this civilly and in the open, using this thread would be the
best way to go.

Ok. Since you or another mod has deleted my posts, presumably because they were not entirely germane to my original post, please tell me why Goat's post with vulgarity and a personal attack remains? His post added no value, nor did it offer any refutation to what I posted.

I reported it over 24 hours ago and it still remains. But my posts are pulled within minutes.

Ok. Since you or another mod has deleted my posts, presumably because they were not entirely germane to my original post, please tell me why Goat's post with vulgarity and a personal attack remains? His post added no value, nor did it offer any refutation to what I posted.

I reported it over 24 hours ago and it still remains. But my posts are pulled within minutes.
Who goes back and checks on the status of their old posts…and then complains about it?
This place is for entertainment purposes only. Stop taking it so seriously. It’s not like you’re posting the next great American novel.

Who goes back and checks on the status of their old posts…and then complains about it?
This place is for entertainment purposes only. Stop taking it so seriously. It’s not like you’re posting the next great American novel.

I started the thread Thursday and have had many people reply to me or to the thread. Are you saying you post and never return to the discussion?

Honestly, I don't care much about what Goat said. He is the one who looks foolish.

But when Mark starts a thread about the standards with the new mod in town, and those standards are not applied equally, then yeah, I get annoyed.

Whatever. It is what it is.

Last edited:
I am not deleting posts simply because people take offense to them. I am deleting direct ad homs and the back and forth replies that result. Until today I hadn't felt it necessary to delete anything in several days.

Your complaint about Goat's post is noted, but I'm not in a position to moderate a Moderator. (Not that I would in this instance.) In some instances three different people are going to have three different opinions. Them's the breaks.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to this thread, where they belong. I will continue to delete posts in other threads that are nothing more than whining about how I'm exercising my judgment. You want to bust my chops, do it here.

Please also note I am not the only person here deleting posts. You'd be surprised how active or inactive each one of us is.

I am not deleting posts simply because people take offense to them. I am deleting direct ad homs and the back and forth replies that result. Until today I hadn't felt it necessary to delete anything in several days.

Your complaint about Goat's post is noted, but I'm not in a position to moderate a Moderator. (Not that I would in this instance.) In some instances three different people are going to have three different opinions. Them's the breaks.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to this thread, where they belong. I will continue to delete posts in other threads that are nothing more than whining about how I'm exercising my judgment. You want to bust my chops, do it here.

Please also note I am not the only person here deleting posts. You'd be surprised how active or inactive each one of us is.
I am thinking I would be a good addition to the Mods.

Got it. Mods can make ad homs, and it's fine. No worries. I'm a big boy. Just wanted to know what the real standards for the board are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT