ADVERTISEMENT

People have asked about a new Mod in these parts...

Got it. Mods can make ad homs, and it's fine. No worries. I'm a big boy. Just wanted to know what the real standards for the board are.
Goat is obviously the “Greatest of all time”. Untouchable! This status is a great mystery I’ve tried to investigate over the years. 😂

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
It's sure not a merit based position, so you would definitely qualify.
So you didn’t merit being appointed to the position? It was just a silly payoff on a bet. That should tell you how easy another appointment might be made.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
I'd just like to know what constitutes personal attacks and who are allowed to make them?

I'd like to know what constitutes personal attacks and who are allowed to make them?

I have explained my position. If you disagree you can post elsewhere. I will continue to delete your juvenile whining until I get tired of it, and then I'll take the next step. Of all the people who post here, many of who disagree with my positions on various topics, you are the only one who is being an ass about this. As I told your privately, knock it off.

I have explained my position. If you disagree you can post elsewhere. I will continue to delete your juvenile whining until I get tired of it, and then I'll take the next step. Of all the people who post here, many of who disagree with my positions on various topics, you are the only one who is being an ass about this. As I told your privately, knock it off.
I hope Cray is your first permaban. I have him in the pool.

In fairness to Cray I have PM'd him a couple times telling him to calm down but he does have a valid point. If we are gonna delete insults we need to delete all of them, including the indirect ones. It's easy to tell when someone is trying to insult someone even if they don't insult them directly. And to be clear I'm not talking about insults that are directed at a group (Trumpters, liberals, conservatives). I'm talking about things like "Defending the resident Nazi sympathizer, are you?" which is obviously directed at a person.

There are some on both sides on here that just like to stir the pot.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
In fairness to Cray I have PM'd him a couple times telling him to calm down but he does have a valid point. If we are gonna delete insults we need to delete all of them, including the indirect ones. It's easy to tell when someone is trying to insult someone even if they don't insult them directly.

Re-read my original post. I'm not targeting insults. Those are in the eye of the beholder.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Re-read my original post. I'm not targeting insults. Those are in the eye of the beholder.
Calling someone a name is just an insult and that is the purpose of calling someone a name. And calling someone a name in an indirect way is still calling someone a name.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Calling someone a name is just an insult and that is the purpose of calling someone a name. And calling someone a name in an indirect way is still calling someone a name.

What will Bailey post about then if he can't say how miserable a person Bowl is in every other post he makes?

I'd say it depends on whether the poster just stops with the insult. A no insults forum would be dreadfully boring. But if someone only calls people names and doesn't add content that detracts from the board. And it makes sense to give some leeway to posters who have expressed their views over time and established themselves. We're not all equal here. People need to get over it.

Reactions: UncleMark
I'd say it depends on whether the poster just stops with the insult. A no insults forum would be dreadfully boring. But if someone only calls people names and doesn't add content that detracts from the board. And it makes sense to give some leeway to posters who have expressed their views over time and established themselves. We're not all equal here. People need to get over it.
I don't have any problems with someone saying "that's stupid", "that's a stupid idea", or anything along those lines but there's no need to call someone else stupid just because you don't agree with them.

So many threads get sidetracked because of stupid things. For example, the "A quick lesson" thread turned into an argument about "couldn't care less" and "could care less" and had nothing to do with what COH posted. Too many like to have that "I gotcha" moment when someone says something like that or misspells a word.

I don't have any problems with someone saying "that's stupid", "that's a stupid idea", or anything along those lines but there's no need to call someone else stupid just because you don't agree with them.

So many threads get sidetracked because of stupid things. For example, the "A quick lesson" thread turned into an argument about "couldn't care less" and "could care less" and had nothing to do with what COH posted. Too many like to have that "I gotcha" moment when someone says something like that or misspells a word.
For the record your honor, my post about couldn't care less in that thread was a preliminary personal attack on the group of people would were sure to down play the report that CO posted. It wasn't arguing could care less.

Oh snap, did I just plead guilty? :)

Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
In fairness to Cray I have PM'd him a couple times telling him to calm down but he does have a valid point. If we are gonna delete insults we need to delete all of them, including the indirect ones. It's easy to tell when someone is trying to insult someone even if they don't insult them directly. And to be clear I'm not talking about insults that are directed at a group (Trumpters, liberals, conservatives). I'm talking about things like "Defending the resident Nazi sympathizer, are you?" which is obviously directed at a person.

There are some on both sides on here that just like to stir the pot.
First, I don't give a shit if what I'm about to say puts me in a "timeout" or worse. As long as I'm able to post on the football board for the next several months I'll be happy.

Yes, I'm the person who made the "Nazi sympathizer" reference. But go back and read his disgusting posts in the thread "Jewish Community Under Attack" and then tell me my description of him isn't based in fact. Here's a sample of one of his posts there:

From 1933 to 1945 Germany led the world in fashion, medicine, cinema, manufacturing, superior lifestyle, transport facilities, public services, cutting-edge science, healthcare and education. She had thrown out the banksters, restored her currency, rebuilt infrastructure and restored herself as a nation, during a period of time she was being boycotted and western leaders were being intensely propagandized primarily by jews to wage war on Germany.
And there's plenty more where that came from.

Don't lump me with shit-posters like the guy you mentioned. Or bailey, who misrepresents my positions on a daily basis, slams me in threads I haven't even participated in, and takes a shot at me in probably 75% of his posts. I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself, and have yet to hit the "report" button for bailey or anyone else. But you need to get your facts straight before you start preaching, and direct your sermons at the appropriate audience.

First, I don't give a shit if what I'm about to say puts me in a "timeout" or worse. As long as I'm able to post on the football board for the next several months I'll be happy.

Yes, I'm the person who made the "Nazi sympathizer" reference. But go back and read his disgusting posts in the thread "Jewish Community Under Attack" and then tell me my description of him isn't based in fact. Here's a sample of one of his posts there:

And there's plenty more where that came from.

Don't lump me with shit-posters like the guy you mentioned. Or bailey, who misrepresents my positions on a daily basis, slams me in threads I haven't even participated in, and takes a shot at me in probably 75% of his posts. I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself, and have yet to hit the "report" button for bailey or anyone else. But you need to get your facts straight before you start preaching, and direct your sermons at the appropriate audience.
My whole point is was that if we are gonna delete posts for name calling then it's not up to me or any moderator to say I agree that poster is an idiot (when someone has call him/her an idiot) so I won't delete that one and then delete another post where someone called another poster an idiot when I don't agree with the name caller. The bottom line is I'll delete posts where people call others names directly or indirectly when I see them unless it's obviously done in fun.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
My whole point is was that if we are gonna delete posts for name calling then it's not up to me or any moderator to say I agree that poster is an idiot (when someone has call him/her an idiot) so I won't delete that one and then delete another post where someone called another poster an idiot when I don't agree with the name caller. The bottom line is I'll delete posts where people call others names directly or indirectly when I see them unless it's obviously done in fun.
Everything I do is for fun. That’s why I am here.

You're an idiot......

You chose a very bad example, though. Mas is a Nazi. Calling him such isn't an insult. It's an accurate descriptor. We shouldn't be forced to dance around Nazism.

23yp2h.gif

Reactions: twenty02
Everyone can blame you. I lost bets and one of your requests was to get this done. Cavanagh's always pay their debts! I miss game of thrones.
I don't think George $.$.$.$. Martin will ever finish the books, and yet they're starting a new Game of Thrones series.

I don't think George $.$.$.$. Martin will ever finish the books, and yet they're starting a new Game of Thrones series.
I am pumped. I haven’t watched a show where I will watch the episode on the day it comes out since.

George is still alive baby!!!!

What will Bailey post about then if he can't say how miserable a person Bowl is in every other post he makes?
I could post about all kinds of things but it is just so intriguing to me how one person can let one other person make them so angry. I have never really personally had any friends who are like that most just move on and don’t let other people bother them 24/7. We may think Biden’s policies are just crazy but we do not hate him nor obsess about him I have far better things to worry about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT