ADVERTISEMENT

Penix/Ramsey

Tough, and risky call.

MP is makes some weird throws that Peyton wouldn't try...but he completes them for big plays

Still hard to say which way we should have gone...wish we had both.

Ramsey can’t make “all the throws”. Penix can. He’s got an NFL arm. Ramsey takes more sacks too. Penix makes our mediocre line look decent. Penix all day.

Reactions: mk23
Ramsey can’t make “all the throws”. Penix can. He’s got an NFL arm. Ramsey takes more sacks too. Penix makes our mediocre line look decent. Penix all day.
Agreed. So happy Ramsey is doing well at Northwestern and I wish him continued success (unless they play us in the ninth week) but, in terms of who's the better QB, it's not even close.

I said my piece on this last year but will chime in one more time. Some people were acting like the gap between Penix and Ramsey was bigger than it actually was. I've always said Penix is better but Ramsey is also very good.
Yes. PR is getting the well-deserved opportunity to be a clear, #1, every-down, quarterback and Penix is getting the opportunity to lead this program that injuries the past two years have denied him. So far it seems to be working out well for all parties involved. It never needed to be a competition in the minds of some fans that it became. I'm thrilled that Penix is turning out to be the star we all thought he could be, and I'm equally thrilled that Ramsey is having such a great year - especially at a program I can root for. I plan to root for him every game this season, with the glaring exception of a possible contest against NU in the B1G championship.

As far as I'm concerned, Peyton Ramsey is and will always be a Hoosier great, but Penix is a special talent. I'm sure the coaching staff would like to have them both, but anyone who really has the kids' best interest at heart knew that one (or both) was going to get short-changed if they were both here this fall. Both deserve to be starting quarterbacks, and Ramsey's decision to transfer gave both of them that opportunity. It's ironic that something that might appear on its face to be a selfish act (Ramsey's decision to transfer) was rather selfless. Maybe PR was simply mature enough to see that Penix was too good to keep on the sideline, and that he didn't want to spend his final year watching from the sideline or waiting for Penix to fail or be injured. It spared Coach Allen from having to make a heart-wrenching decision, it spared the program the weight of a potential quarterback controversy, and it has so far proven to be a win for both programs and both players.

Maybe PR was simply mature enough to see that Penix was too good to keep on the sideline, and that he didn't want to spend his final year watching from the sideline or waiting for Penix to fail or be injured. It spared Coach Allen from having to make a heart-wrenching decision, it spared the program the weight of a potential quarterback controversy
PR transferring also gave Tuttle a chance at seeing the field.

Prior to the 2019 season many people on this board were going nuts stating if Ramsey played QB the season was doomed. His arm was weak, couldn't make the throws, yada yada yada.

Prior to this season many people on this board were going nuts because Ramsey left and we had Penix for QB who can't stay healthy and on the field so IU is doomed.

I am thankful both came to play football for IU. Both have been very good for us and are fantastic representatives of IU. God bless them both. But if we play Northwestern, I hope our defense does to Ramsey what they did to the MSU QBs yesterday. Then I will welcome Peyton back to IU as a coach with open arms!

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT