ADVERTISEMENT

PBS: Obama sidestepped Iran nuclear agreement

Wait. I don't get it. We tried to help them convert Omani currency into Euros by temporarily allowing them to convert it into dollars? That doesn't make any sense. According to most conservative posters here, their money wasn't in the form of Omani currency in a bank somewhere. It was in the form of saran-wrapped dollars shipped from Obama to Tehran in the middle of the night on an airplane. Was that...was that not true?

Last edited:
Wait. I don't get it. We tried to help them convert Omani currency into Euros by temporarily allowing them to convert it into dollars? That doesn't make any sense. According to most conservative posters here, their money wasn't in the form of Omani currency in a bank somewhere. It was in the form of saran-wrapped dollars shipped from Obama to Tehran in the middle of the night on an airplane. Was that...was that not true?

Here's one of your go to sources confirming it:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/us-sends-plane-iran-400-million-cash/index.html

Pretty dumb on our part and pretty smart on the part of the banks that refused to partake. If I were in charge I’d have told Iran: “figure it out boys.”

Frankly surprised by the banks push back after administration officials attempted to pressure them into conducting the transaction.

Ah so it's two different things. One we sent them foreign cash we owed them because they couldn't use dollars or banks. Two, we let then use dollars and banks to make use of other money that was frozen.

I can see why people would be upset. That is needlessly complicated. Foreign policy by slapstick.

I really don’t know why we’re bringing this up, it’s too late. Whatever Obama did while president is totally ok. We’ve recently learned that presidents can’t break the law, can’t obstruct justice, can’t be questioned, can’t be indicted, etc etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT