ADVERTISEMENT

Over it. On to Purdue… biggest game for us since when!?!

Still acting childish and belittling others. Keep on keeping on I guess. What a way to live life. Colvin chose Purdue. Kaufman chose Purdue. Benter and Catchings would choose Purdue. Loyer would have. Furst chose Purdue.
Aww are your wittle feelings hurt?

Colvin will be a disaster at Purdue. Will be fun to watch him ruin the team chemistry like he has on every single team he’s played on.

I said it once boss. Don't get so upset about my thoughts and the thoughts of others. I still want to beat iu, but it's not the superbowl yall think it is.
Craisins? Is that what Monmmy put in your oatmeal? Big meanie

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerN
They are kids, and they don't know what we know...yet. If they want to run on the court and take selfies...cool.

They don’t know what the boomer part of our fan base knows because they’ve yet to experience anything more than a sweet 16. Who cares if a large part of our fan base is excited for the opportunity Saturday? And we should celebrate in a huge way after we win. Beating #1 is a huge deal. Even more so if it’s the school you should be actively recruiting against.

Weird considering you have about the same record against MSU. Michigan and Rutgers are the teams you typically struggle with over the last several years.

You try to play off that you don’t care about IU, yet you spend hours here each day. I’m guessing you don’t spend as much time on the MSU boards.
Rutgers has it going on with Pickyl. They are going to keep getting tougher.

Reactions: kkott
Still acting childish and belittling others. Keep on keeping on I guess. What a way to live life. Colvin chose Purdue. Kaufman chose Purdue. Benter and Catchings would choose Purdue. Loyer would have. Furst chose Purdue.
You are right on Furst. That list over the past five decades is very short.

Ask for sprinkles tomorrow.

There is no way you can say Benter and Catchings would choose Purdue over IU. They never had an IU offer.

They are committed to Purdue, so of course they would say it now. Purdue has to offer and push for commitments from sophomores in high school, because they know they can’t win a head to head recruiting battle anymore
It was well known before they committed. Before they even had a Purdue offer. You always claim to know. This isn't hard. Anyways. Call me when you learn more about them.

It was well known before they committed. Before they even had a Purdue offer. You always claim to know. This isn't hard. Anyways. Call me when you learn more about them.
I know everything you do about them. If Illinois pushed, he’d be there. If IU pushed, you’d have no chance. Painter has to force kids to commit early to land recruits in today’s world. Great strategy really.

Except for Colvin. He will ruin your team

Rutgers has it going on with Pickyl. They are going to keep getting tougher.
Yep, and as some of their fans pointed out, he's also starting to get some higher ranked recruits now. Of any coach in the league right now, he's the one I'd most like to see at IU. Shrewsbury seems to be doing well too, but he's not had the track record yet. I think MD's coach is doing well too so far.

I know everything you do about them. If Illinois pushed, he’d be there. If IU pushed, you’d have no chance. Painter has to force kids to commit early to land recruits in today’s world. Great strategy really.

This could be one of the most hateful and delusional posts I’ve seen on any board, but given who posted it, I should not be surprised.

I know we all think our school is the preferred school over any other. I get that. What I would worry about is why didn’t IU offer some of these kids? Is there a problem or some short coming in the IU recruiting process? I know IU talked about Kaufman-Renn and Furst. I don’t know if they both got offers.

My issue with your post has to do with your conjecture about Colvin. His dad was a great guy. Everything I’ve heard about Colvin points to him as one of the good guys. I don’t get slandering a high school kid on this board just to be mean to some random rival poster.

This could be one of the most hateful and delusional posts I’ve seen on any board, but given who posted it, I should not be surprised.

I know we all think our school is the preferred school over any other. I get that. What I would worry about is why didn’t IU offer some of these kids? Is there a problem or some short coming in the IU recruiting process? I know IU talked about Kaufman-Renn and Furst. I don’t know if they both got offers.

My issue with your post has to do with your conjecture about Colvin. His dad was a great guy. Everything I’ve heard about Colvin points to him as one of the good guys. I don’t get slandering a high school kid on this board just to be mean to some random rival poster.
We didn’t offer them, because we had other options.

Smith - We had a 5* in JHS instead. We have Cupps in 2023.

Loyer - We got CJ Gunn in the same class. We have Newton in 2023. Defense matters to Woodson.

Benter/Catchings - Why would we offer Sophomores when we don’t even know what the roster will look like at that time? We also have a potentially massive 2024 class in the works.

Part of Myles’ problem is his dad. If you think Myles is some choir boy, then you should probably do a little research. He’s a hot head that’s more about himself than the team. He’s always been a big fish in a little pond. Painter won’t stand for the attitude he plays with currently.

Using your posts and logic (see your posts 54, 59 and 61), there seems to be a disconnect. In post 54, you state that in the case of Benter and Catchings, it is impossible to know what would occur if an alternative offer occurred because it did not. This is a fair point: in the absence of something else happening it is impossible to know what would occur. However, in post 61, you directly contradict this point in stating what would happen "...if Illinois pushed..." which apparently they did not. But you express certainty even though the event did not occur. There is a lack of consistency there.

In post 59, you do it again. Your statement is that "...they (Purdue) can't win the head to head recruiting battle anymore (sic)" when referring to the sophomore commitments. I seem to recall in the not-so-long-ago past a player from Indianapolis who was recruited by and committed to Illinois. Post his commitment, IU offered to him and he reneged on his Illinois commitment and committed and enrolled at IU. So it would seem to be true, based on that history, that even though those players had made an early Purdue commitment it would not be an obstacle of significance were IU to subsequently offer. Obviously, IU was willing to do this prior and it worked, so why not do it now? What is stopping them? Unless it would be viewed as unlikely to have success?

Using your posts and logic (see your posts 54, 59 and 61), there seems to be a disconnect. In post 54, you state that in the case of Benter and Catchings, it is impossible to know what would occur if an alternative offer occurred because it did not. This is a fair point: in the absence of something else happening it is impossible to know what would occur. However, in post 61, you directly contradict this point in stating what would happen "...if Illinois pushed..." which apparently they did not. But you express certainty even though the event did not occur. There is a lack of consistency there.

In post 59, you do it again. Your statement is that "...they (Purdue) can't win the head to head recruiting battle anymore (sic)" when referring to the sophomore commitments. I seem to recall in the not-so-long-ago past a player from Indianapolis who was recruited by and committed to Illinois. Post his commitment, IU offered to him and he reneged on his Illinois commitment and committed and enrolled at IU. So it would seem to be true, based on that history, that even though those players had made an early Purdue commitment it would not be an obstacle of significance were IU to subsequently offer. Obviously, IU was willing to do this prior and it worked, so why not do it now? What is stopping them? Unless it would be viewed as unlikely to have success?
Get back to learning Portuguese, nerd.

Not going to slander a high school kid either, but there have been mounting issues with Colvin. Got T'd up for slamming the scorers table in frustration last week and was subsequently benched and didn't start the following game. Heritage Christian coach just resigned the other day as well and while I don't know all the details, don't think it takes a neurosurgeon to figure out why. Guessing it was a "He goes or I go" situation.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
We didn’t offer them, because we had other options.

Smith - We had a 5* in JHS instead. We have Cupps in 2023.

Loyer - We got CJ Gunn in the same class. We have Newton in 2023. Defense matters to Woodson.

Benter/Catchings - Why would we offer Sophomores when we don’t even know what the roster will look like at that time? We also have a potentially massive 2024 class in the works.

Part of Myles’ problem is his dad. If you think Myles is some choir boy, then you should probably do a little research. He’s a hot head that’s more about himself than the team. He’s always been a big fish in a little pond. Painter won’t stand for the attitude he plays with currently.
Benter and Catchings are definitely juniors. And will be good players. I guess what's funny is you essentially say Smith and loyer weren't good enough for iu, yet they start on the best team in the country.

Reactions: Monk1014
Benter and Catchings are definitely juniors. And will be good players. I guess what's funny is you essentially say Smith and loyer weren't good enough for iu, yet they start on the best team in the country.
Benter and Catchings were offered by Purdue when they were sophomores. It wasn’t that hard to understand.

Purdue is currently #1 in the country because Edey is so dominant. Smith and Loyer wouldn’t look the same as they do now if Matt Haarms were the center instead of Edey.

JHS is better than Smith. Cupps seems to be on par with what Smith was in high school.

I’d personally take Loyer over Gunn, but Woodson is a defense first guy and Loyer obviously isn’t great in that department. I don’t agree, but Gunn and Newton are more what Woodson wants in his wing guards.

Hahaha you made a stupid comment about how purdues backcourt was waiting for an iu offer. So I asked if a player has ever willingly wanted Purdue, regardless of iu. Hint: they have.

Then I made a comment regarding how they weren't good enough for iu. Must not have liked that either.

Woke my own butt up at 530am to make my own coffee in my own house. Could honestly give a rats rear if iu lost. Don't get so hurt this morning for being called out for a bad take. If you don't like it, have less bad takes and encourage iu to offer these good players.
The goal of IU fans is to bring in highly rated recruits, not to win games or championships.

Benter and Catchings were offered by Purdue when they were sophomores. It wasn’t that hard to understand.

Purdue is currently #1 in the country because Edey is so dominant. Smith and Loyer wouldn’t look the same as they do now if Matt Haarms were the center instead of Edey.

JHS is better than Smith. Cupps seems to be on par with what Smith was in high school.

I’d personally take Loyer over Gunn, but Woodson is a defense first guy and Loyer obviously isn’t great in that department. I don’t agree, but Gunn and Newton are more what Woodson wants in his wing guards.
Technically, Benter wad a junior when offered. It was during aau play between the two years. Shrewsberry started recruiting him way earlier though. Catchings was right at the end of sophomore year. Guessing aau ball had started. I know, getting ya on technicalities here. JHS is a good player for sure.

Get back to learning Portuguese, nerd.
Two points:

1. I guess that means that you cannot rebut the logical inconsistencies in your posts. The way you chose to argue is to ignore the point and then insult. That's the mark of a losing side in a debate.

2. It's not Portuguese that I am learning. so you are wrong on that as well.

You are 0 for 2.

Last edited:

I swear, our fanbase has short term memory loss. Maybe it’s intentional to simply get into it with the trolls?

But you’ve been telling us all the same story for years. It used to be “Purdue is only good because of Swanigan… just wait until he leaves.” Then it was “Just wait until Edwards is gone”. Then it was Williams. Then it was Ivey. Now it is Edey.

I think you’re nuts if you don’t think Loyer and Smith are going to be thorn in our side for years to come. Unfortunately, they will produce a lot more than JHS does during his time at IU.

Technically, Benter wad a junior when offered. It was during aau play between the two years. Shrewsberry started recruiting him way earlier though. Catchings was right at the end of sophomore year. Guessing aau ball had started. I know, getting ya on technicalities here. JHS is a good player for sure.
AAU starts in April.

Two points:

1. I guess that means that you cannot rebut the logical inconsistencies in your posts. The way you chose to argue is to ignore the point and then insult. That's the mark of a losing side in a debate.

2. It's not Portuguese that I am learning. so you are wrong on that as well.

You are 0 for 2.
1. I don’t ever care to have another discussion with you again, so I will just troll you from now on.

2. It doesn’t matter what the language is you are learning, you are still a nerd with no life. Miserable existence you live.

I swear, our fanbase has short term memory loss. Maybe it’s intentional to simply get into it with the trolls?

But you’ve been telling us all the same story for years. It used to be “Purdue is only good because of Swanigan… just wait until he leaves.” Then it was “Just wait until Edwards is gone”. Then it was Williams. Then it was Ivey. Now it is Edey.

I think you’re nuts if you don’t think Loyer and Smith are going to be thorn in our side for years to come. Unfortunately, they will produce a lot more than JHS does during his time at IU.
What did Swanigan, Edwards, Williams, or Ivey accomplish in their careers? Any Final 4s? No?

Smith and Loyer will be solid players, I’m sure. They wouldn’t be nearly as good if Matt Haarms were their center this year. That’s the point. I wouldn’t trade JHS/Cupps for Smith. I would probably trade Gunn/Newton for Loyer though.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold
E
What did Swanigan, Edwards, Williams, or Ivey accomplish in their careers? Any Final 4s? No?

Smith and Loyer will be solid players, I’m sure. They wouldn’t be nearly as good if Matt Haarms were their center this year. That’s the point. I wouldn’t trade JHS/Cupps for Smith. I would probably trade Gunn/Newton for Loyer though.
Edwards was a lucky ass Virginia shot from getting there. Swanigan saw haas elbow break I'm the tourney. Ivey was still inconsistent because of how raw he was and that reflected vs st. Peters, but you kind of missed the point. Purdue will win a lot of games next year, and the next year, and the next year. And Painter will break through. It's a matter of time. And he's entering his prime. Much better coach than 10 and 5 years ago.

Reactions: salient43
E
Edwards was a lucky ass Virginia shot from getting there. Swanigan saw haas elbow break I'm the tourney. Ivey was still inconsistent because of how raw he was and that reflected vs st. Peters, but you kind of missed the point. Purdue will win a lot of games next year, and the next year, and the next year. And Painter will break through. It's a matter of time. And he's entering his prime. Much better coach than 10 and 5 years ago.
Edwards was a phantom foul call away from flaming out in the Sweet 16 yet again.

Swanigan saw Arkansas Little-Rock celebrate their victory over Purdue in the tournament.

Ivey and Williams saw St Peters and North Texas celebrate their victories over Purdue in the tournament.

Your coach is finally coming into his prime in year 20? What took him so long? He better hope he can keep finding the dominant, oversized centers like Haas and Edey to continue carrying his teams. I don’t see one on your roster outside of Edey and don’t see any in the pipeline.

If Catchings and/or benter didn’t have a iu offer, woody should be fired right now on the spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT