ADVERTISEMENT

Whey the hell can I not watch the IU game tonight?

GigGoo

Sophomore
Aug 30, 2023
Last Saturday was the first time since the Kansas game I sat down to watch the Hoosiers in full. Encouraging performance, let's build on it. With College Football having come to a close and the Bears missing the playoffs per their usual arrangement, it is time to turn attention to the darlings of basketball purgatory, Indiana Hoosiers.

We're not on any ESPN channels tonight. BTN is showing women's basketball because we live in a failed society. Peacock? I refuse. And I will not illegally stream like some pimple faced teenager.

Why are we not on BTN? Why is women's basketball on? Make it make sense. This shit is out of control.

Reactions: bIhawk and Sassy61
Last Saturday was the first time since the Kansas game I sat down to watch the Hoosiers in full. Encouraging performance, let's build on it. With College Football having come to a close and the Bears missing the playoffs per their usual arrangement, it is time to turn attention to the darlings of basketball purgatory, Indiana Hoosiers.

We're not on any ESPN channels tonight. BTN is showing women's basketball because we live in a failed society. Peacock? I refuse. And I will not illegally stream like some pimple faced teenager.

Why are we not on BTN? Why is women's basketball on? Make it make sense. This shit is out of control.
It's because $$$$$$, even if it's only five bucks or so.

Streaming services are making deals and finding new revenue streams. This is a smart move by Peacock but annoying as hell for consumers. If you refuse to buy Peacock and won’t use a cracked stream then enjoy the radio feed.

Whey *Why the hell can I not watch the IU game tonight?

Because you couldn't afford to spend 2.99 per month ...

Not sure it's the society that's a failure here ...

Money

IU on Peacock drives subscriptions like few others.

Kansas City v Miami playoff game exclusively on the peacock Saturday night, get used to it, the free ride is over.
Free ride? WTF?
IU is a public university. Why should the taxpayers and/or tuition paying students be able to watch on a "free" TV/video feed that is supported by advertisers?

Reactions: bsaus
Free ride? WTF?
IU is a public university. Why should the taxpayers and/or tuition paying students be able to watch on a "free" TV/video feed that is supported by advertisers?
Hell why not make the game free admission.

Reactions: manichi

Football season ended the first week of October. Gotta buy Peacock separately.

You aren’t missing much so far. Lots of turnovers and missed shots.

Whey *Why the hell can I not watch the IU game tonight?

Because you couldn't afford to spend 2.99 per month ...

Not sure it's the society that's a failure here ...
I wouldn’t pay them a nickel. Screw those blood sucking bastages

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Be thankful you didn't pay to watch the sh!t$how that IU provided tonight. My suggestion? If you want to see good basketball, watch the women tomorrow.

Count your blessings, Peacock is a huge waste of money
to watch this crap. I would like a refund.

It's all part of the Big Ten negotiating television rights for the whole conference and all of that money. Peacock has basically taken over the ESPN Tuesday night games that ESPN did for well over 30 years. It was so nice back in the days when each university negotiated their own television rights such as IU and Purdue did with the Indiana Farm Bureau network. That meant games were shown free "over the air", originated, and produced by then locally owned WTTV, to be shown on other stations all over the state. Oh to have "Martha the mop lady" back!

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I refuse to buy this streaming shit even to watch the Hoosiers. My slant is this, if you want 2-3 more games streamed next season just keep supporting this BS. No support = Very Civil Disobedience.

You can complain about not being able to watch the game without trashing women’s basketball. Our women’s team is far more watchable than our men are.

You can complain about not being able to watch the game without trashing women’s basketball. Our women’s team is far more watchable than our men are.
I'd watch our mens team no matter their success. I don't have enough time to watch all the mens BB I want to see let alone watch the girls too.

It's all part of the Big Ten negotiating television rights for the whole conference and all of that money. Peacock has basically taken over the ESPN Tuesday night games that ESPN did for well over 30 years. It was so nice back in the days when each university negotiated their own television rights such as IU and Purdue did with the Indiana Farm Bureau network. That meant games were shown free "over the air", originated, and produced by then locally owned WTTV, to be shown on other stations all over the state. Oh to have "Martha the mop lady" back!

Yes and if the IU and/or Big Ten had gone that route, it would today look like the Pac12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT