ADVERTISEMENT

Over it. On to Purdue… biggest game for us since when!?!

Yep. Flush it. Frustrating as heck. Maryland didn’t play very well either.

But this team has already shown multiple times recently crap performances aren’t any sort of sign for how well play the next game.

We’ll beat Purdue Saturday.

Reactions: Wiedersehen
Yep. Flush it. Frustrating as heck. Maryland didn’t play very well either.

But this team has already shown multiple times recently crap performances aren’t any sort of sign for how well play the next game.

We’ll beat Purdue Saturday.
Not going to win many games when your trio of guards go 4-23 from the field, especially on the road. Almost bewildering that IU only lost by 11, not to mention we cut the lead to 5 and had a chance to further cut into it before the last media TO. This is a game where you just miss Xavier’s presence. Entirely way too many defensive breakdowns spearheaded by our inability to contain dribble-drive. I thought the refs were a little whistle happy but we committed so many dumb fouls.

I too like our chances Saturday. If they can limit Edey without having a secondary player going off, I think we win going away. Obviously shots need to fall but we’ve been exceptional at home as of late.

Not going to win many games when your trio of guards go 4-23 from the field, especially on the road. Almost bewildering that IU only lost by 11, not to mention we cut the lead to 5 and had a chance to further cut into it before the last media TO. This is a game where you just miss Xavier’s presence. Entirely way too many defensive breakdowns spearheaded by our inability to contain dribble-drive. I thought the refs were a little whistle happy but we committed so many dumb fouls.

I too like our chances Saturday. If they can limit Edey without having a secondary player going off, I think we win going away. Obviously shots need to fall but we’ve been exceptional at home as of late.
Yeah. And Purdue isn’t normally anywhere near the defensive team we just faced. We’ll be more comfortable offensively. And The Hall will energize us defensively.

Obviously they can beat us. But I’ll be surprised if we don’t play well and beat them convincingly.

Ivey was the only player that showed up at the Hall last year, and that was only in the 2nd half. If PU players pull the same disappearing act this year, IU will be in good shape.

Yeah. And Purdue isn’t normally anywhere near the defensive team we just faced. We’ll be more comfortable offensively. And The Hall will energize us defensively.

Obviously they can beat us. But I’ll be surprised if we don’t play well and beat them convincingly.

Purdue is a better D per KP and has the lowest PPG allowed in B1G games, their defense is different than Maryland's but I don't know if it's worse.

Ugly game tonight and we got our stinker out of the way. JHS will get it going on Saturday and we blow the doors off the place. Purdue’s freshmen crumble under the pressure of playing at AH. IU by 12.
Really hope JG is back for the game. We start playing really well after losing RT and getting over some injuries and BAM, another key player goes down with injury. At least Race is getting back and maybe he will be a little closer to healthy.

I can’t recall a season where we had so many damn injuries.

Purdue doesn't have to use guards to help defend Trayce. They can put Gillis and Furst on him and just have Eddey help.

Ugly game tonight and we got our stinker out of the way. JHS will get it going on Saturday and we blow the doors off the place. Purdue’s freshmen crumble under the pressure of playing at AH. IU by 12.
You know what, I'm just tired of this mentality. Like it's necessary to lose one to get ready for the "big" game. Until we learn to shed this stupidity and expect to win every f'n game anywhere, this program will not be back. It's just old, can you expect to win every game, probably not, but should that be the goal and not rationalizing losses as OK, yes. It is precisely this thought process that prevents us from getting back to elite, and the ra-ra stuff needs to stop, they played like shit and don't deserve a pat on the back for effort. These kids are getting paid now, our coach is well paid, it's time to stop with the boys club expectations

You know what, I'm just tired of this mentality. Like it's necessary to lose one to get ready for the "big" game. Until we learn to shed this stupidity and expect to win every f'n game anywhere, this program will not be back. It's just old, can you expect to win every game, probably not, but should that be the goal and not rationalizing losses as OK, yes. It is precisely this thought process that prevents us from getting back to elite, and the ra-ra stuff needs to stop, they played like shit and don't deserve a pat on the back for effort. These kids are getting paid now, our coach is well paid, it's time to stop with the boys club expectations
Now now, don't go hurting anyones feelings now. :)

Ivey was the only player that showed up at the Hall last year, and that was only in the 2nd half. If PU players pull the same disappearing act this year, IU will be in good shape.
To be fair, this isn't really Purdue's superbowl.

🤔 what triggered you? No one ever said last night was okay. It was a total stinker and they played horrible. Just saying that I’m over it… As a fan, no sense to be pissed for an extended time for a road loss with the biggest home game in a decade on the horizon.

🤔 what triggered you? No one ever said last night was okay. It was a total stinker and they played horrible. Just saying that I’m over it… As a fan, no sense to be pissed for an extended time for a road loss with the biggest home game in a decade on the horizon.
I'm over it because I'm numb to it. And, I love everyone predicting we'll beat PU and we're certainly capable, but Purdue has the toughness we don't and from what I've seen they are almost certainly going to come into Bloomington 1) knowing they are tougher than us, just like Rutgers does, and 2) they are going to play their game and play it well. If we're going to win, we're going to have to be consistent and tough the whole game and not have lapses where we get careless with the ball, shots or fouls. I don't like our chances simply because this team hasn't shown they can be consistently on and sleepwalks through large portions of games at times. Can we beat them? Yes, but it's going to take a good consistent effort and we haven't shown that we are always up to that challenge. I sure hope we are Saturday.

Last edited:
Why is it such a big game? Just bc our little brother is ranked #1? It doesn't really impact our season much...maybe a seed line one way or another. We're just a middle of the pack team in a middle of the pack conference.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Why is it such a big game? Just bc our little brother is ranked #1? It doesn't really impact our season much...maybe a seed line one way or another. We're just a middle of the pack team in a middle of the pack conference.

beating a #1 will most certainly impact our tourney chances. ????

The list of kids that wanted to play at IU and were snubbed that ended up getting having a big game is long. Both of their back court freshmen have had this date circled as their opportunity.

The list of kids that wanted to play at IU and were snubbed that ended up getting having a big game is long. Both of their back court freshmen have had this date circled as their opportunity.
Smith maybe, Loyer is a Purdue guy through and through. Grandfather played at Purdue and mom grew up in Lafayette and coached volleyball at Purdue. He's about as Purdue as it gets.

Well, it’s big enough that our students will certainly rush the court. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Of course beating #1 is a big deal. Shit, beating Purdue in general is a big deal… it’s not like we’ve beaten their doors in the last 6 years or so.

I’m so sick of them coming into AH and leaving with a W. We’re fricking Indiana and it’s time to replant our flag.

Reactions: kkott
Smith maybe, Loyer is a Purdue guy through and through. Grandfather played at Purdue and mom grew up in Lafayette and coached volleyball at Purdue. He's about as Purdue as it gets.
I understand his family stuff but when Big Brother ignores you...some take offense. We shall see.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
Has Purdue ever had or does Purdue currently have a commit that didn't want iu over Purdue? But also, maybe iu should learn to recruit players that can get them to #1.

Has Purdue ever had or does Purdue currently have a commit that didn't want iu over Purdue? But also, maybe iu should learn to recruit players that can get them to #1.
IU loses, run to IU board after Mommy wakes you up.

Such a stupid question Gilligan. Want to rephrase or simply apologize and slither back?

Well, it’s big enough that our students will certainly rush the court. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Of course beating #1 is a big deal. Shit, beating Purdue in general is a big deal… it’s not like we’ve beaten their doors in the last 6 years or so.

I’m so sick of them coming into AH and leaving with a W. We’re fricking Indiana and it’s time to replant our flag.
They are kids, and they don't know what we know...yet. If they want to run on the court and take selfies...cool.

IU loses, run to IU board after Mommy wakes you up.

Such a stupid question Gilligan. Want to rephrase or simply apologize and slither back?
Hahaha you made a stupid comment about how purdues backcourt was waiting for an iu offer. So I asked if a player has ever willingly wanted Purdue, regardless of iu. Hint: they have.

Then I made a comment regarding how they weren't good enough for iu. Must not have liked that either.

Woke my own butt up at 530am to make my own coffee in my own house. Could honestly give a rats rear if iu lost. Don't get so hurt this morning for being called out for a bad take. If you don't like it, have less bad takes and encourage iu to offer these good players.

Always has been always will be, regardless of the records. It defines your fan base.

Your 40 minutes on the big stage this Sat!
The msu game at msu meant more to me than this iu game. Would I love to beat iu, sure. But I expect it. Msu games are always crazy. But keep telling yourself it means more to me than you.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
Hahaha you made a stupid comment about how purdues backcourt was waiting for an iu offer. So I asked if a player has ever willingly wanted Purdue, regardless of iu. Hint: they have.

Then I made a comment regarding how they weren't good enough for iu. Must not have liked that either.

Woke my own butt up at 530am to make my own coffee in my own house. Could honestly give a rats rear if iu lost. Don't get so hurt this morning for being called out for a bad take. If you don't like it, have less bad takes and encourage iu to offer these good players.
Doubling down on stupid is no way to go through life Gilligan. Did Mommy make you oatmeal?

The msu game at msu meant more to me than this iu game. Would I love to beat iu, sure. But I expect it. Msu games are always crazy. But keep telling yourself it means more to me than you.
Do you spend 27 hrs a week on the MSU board sobbing for attention and respect?

Reactions: B1G_Fan
I think if we'd shown interest and offered Smith first, he'd have accepted. Think he accepted the PU offer pretty quickly, but I think in reality he just wanted a B10 offer and to prove that he belonged at that level. Always felt like we were trying to position him for a preferred walk on spot, and I think it backfired. We could use him this and in future years with our PG situation.

Last edited:
You are the only one sobbing and asking for attention. Then you proceed to belittle someone for calling out your stupid take. Nothing like calling someone a child while acting childish.
and yet....here you are not caring what I post. LOL

Did Mommy make you mad by putting those nasty raisins in your oatmeal? Just oick them out and stop crying Gilligan. My take was spot on. Suck on that.

Again, says the PU guy on the IU board. Give it a rest.

I think if we'd shown interest and offered Smith first, he'd have accepted. Think he accepted the PU offer pretty quickly, but I think in reality he just wanted a B10 offer and to prove that he belonged at that level. Always felt like we were trying to position in for a preferred walk on spot, and I think it backfired. We could use him this and in future years with our PG situation.
Both of them have played well enough that we should have offered. With X out Smith would have gotten significant minutes.

and yet....here you are not caring what I post. LOL

Did Mommy make you mad by putting those nasty raisins in your oatmeal? Just oick them out and stop crying Gilligan. My take was spot on. Suck on that.
Still acting childish and belittling others. Keep on keeping on I guess. What a way to live life. Colvin chose Purdue. Kaufman chose Purdue. Benter and Catchings would choose Purdue. Loyer would have. Furst chose Purdue.

• Angry
Reactions: Coach.Grimes
Again, says the PU guy on the IU board. Give it a rest.
I said it once boss. Don't get so upset about my thoughts and the thoughts of others. I still want to beat iu, but it's not the superbowl yall think it is.

Weird considering you have about the same record against MSU. Michigan and Rutgers are the teams you typically struggle with over the last several years.

You try to play off that you don’t care about IU, yet you spend hours here each day. I’m guessing you don’t spend as much time on the MSU boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT