ADVERTISEMENT

OT--BT Coaches -who would you trust?

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Question for the Board.....if you had a son who was going to play Big 10 football, who among the Big 10 coaches would you trust trust or not trust to deal with him fairly? Not talking about who is a good or bad coach, or who would or would not be fun to play for--strictly who would you trust in that situation? Here's my list, from least trustworthy to most:

1. Franklin
2. Meyer
3. Dantonio
4. Fleck
5. Harbaugh
6 Smith
7. Allen, Brahm, Ash, Ferentz, Chryst, Durkin, Riley, Fitzgerald

I see 1, 2 & 4 as all "image" guys that would push someone under the bus if necessary.

Dantonio just seems like a hard-nosed bastard with few limitations who wouldn't accept any distractions (like academics)

I put Harbaugh and Smith on the list not because they're bad guys, but more because they probably wouldn't know your kid's last name. Not sure Smith would know he was on the team.

I personally see the last 8 as being "trustworthy".

In alphabetical order:
Trust: Allen, Ferentz, Fitzgerald.

Would not trust: D'Antonio, Franklin, Harbaugh, Meyer. I see pros and cons to Fleck (follow WMU as my daughter went there...but heard some negative rumors toward the end of last season).

Don't know enough about the other coaches, although I just don't see Lovie Smith as a college coach.

Reactions: 76-1
What position?
What are son’s strengths and weaknesses?
What are expectations for college ball or beyond?
Who is their position coach?
What scheme do they run and how does it affect you?
What is sons mental makeup?

I think the question is a lot more complicated. It reminds me of being asked how fast I run but not indicating the distance.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
What position?
What are son’s strengths and weaknesses?
What are expectations for college ball or beyond?
Who is their position coach?
What scheme do they run and how does it affect you?
What is sons mental makeup?

I think the question is a lot more complicated. It reminds me of being asked how fast I run but not indicating the distance.
Does anyone else see the irony in Dick Nixon commenting on trust?:)

Question for the Board.....if you had a son who was going to play Big 10 football, who among the Big 10 coaches would you trust trust or not trust to deal with him fairly? Not talking about who is a good or bad coach, or who would or would not be fun to play for--strictly who would you trust in that situation? Here's my list, from least trustworthy to most:

1. Franklin
2. Meyer
3. Dantonio
4. Fleck
5. Harbaugh
6 Smith
7. Allen, Brahm, Ash, Ferentz, Chryst, Durkin, Riley, Fitzgerald

I see 1, 2 & 4 as all "image" guys that would push someone under the bus if necessary.

Dantonio just seems like a hard-nosed bastard with few limitations who wouldn't accept any distractions (like academics)

I put Harbaugh and Smith on the list not because they're bad guys, but more because they probably wouldn't know your kid's last name. Not sure Smith would know he was on the team.

I personally see the last 8 as being "trustworthy".

I think, personally, that Fitzgerald is the best coach in the Big Ten. That guy is a master motivator and always gets the best out of his personnel. More so than a coach like Meyer who has a tremendous amount of superstars but always lays one egg every year. How they lose a game is beyond me. This will be the 2nd year in a row the shot themselves in the foot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT