ADVERTISEMENT

Optics to the extreme...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Remember last week when Trump was shown maskless touring the mask factory in AZ to the strains of GNR's cover of "live and Let Die"? Remember how Trump excusers pointed to the fact that the Executives with him were maskless as well- so everyone was safe?

Well, this is from a live steam of Pence meeting with food Executives for a roundtable discussing COVID-19 dangers at meatpacking plants,which took place in West Des Moines on May 8. Keep in mind, this was AFTER news broke that Pence's press secretary Katie Miller has tested positive for COVID-19... She's already married to Dracula- hasn't she suffered enough?

Now the video below is the entire session, but we're only interested in events within the 10 min mark.
Start the video, notice all these guys sitting around the table waiting for his Highness to emerge from backstage. Then fast forward to about the 6 min mark, and watch the events that unfold for about the next couple mins or so. Then think back to those "maskless executives" who were photo opp'd with Trump at their factory in AZ...

A video taken by The Des Moines Register shows food executives on a panel being told to remove their face masks before being joined by Vice President Mike Pence.

The panel, held Friday, addressed severe COVID-19 outbreaks at meatpacking facilities. It was streamed live by The Register.

Shortly after the six-minute mark in the video, a woman can be seen instructing two groups of executives to remove their masks by making a gesture, as pointed out by The Intercept. Executives who arrived later appeared without their masks."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-shows-food-executives-being-204106388.html

Is 6 feet apart safe or not? Masks prevent the dispersion of droplets which might carry the virus, which under normal circumstances, travel <6ft. So, when keeping a social distance a mask is redundant, correct?

Reactions: Lucy01
Is 6 feet apart safe or not? Masks prevent the dispersion of droplets which might carry the virus, which under normal circumstances, travel <6ft. So, when keeping a social distance a mask is redundant, correct?
No. Masks also help prevent contamination of surfaces. The benefits of distancing and masks are additive.

On a same note, I just tuned into the Senate hearings with Fauci and gang. It appears none of the Senators are wearing masks. Assholes.

No. Masks also help prevent contamination of surfaces. The benefits of distancing and masks are additive.

On a same note, I just tuned into the Senate hearings with Fauci and gang. It appears none of the Senators are wearing masks. Assholes.
Several senators are wearing them. Some are not. They may be removing them when they are asking questions.

Yet we are talking about optics...
I don't disagree....I'm just the "facts matter" dickhead, lol. The senator from Kansas on remote was even wearing gloves. I thought that was strange, but then i figured he may be borrowying a younger neighbors computer lol.

First off does this look like 6 feet apart?

Secondly, the men were wearing face masks and "I don't believe in Science" Pence forced them to remove them. First off because he didn't want to be singled out for not wearing one. And secondly (imo) he wanted to project an aura of "normalcy" in a battleground state appearance which was going to be live-streamed by the largest and most powerful media entity in that state.

However, in typical Trump/Pence fubar fashion, my guess is whoever sent that woman out there to insist that masks be removed had no idea the cameras had been turned on already. I'm guessing they were caught in the equivalent of a "hot mic" situation, and someone likely got reprimanded once the video showed up on youtube...

Reactions: Harry Hondo
Depends on the type of ventilation system. Some droplets get carried by the airflow and can infect people across the room, more than 6 feet away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT