ADVERTISEMENT

Once upon a time . . .

Rockfish1

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001
There was an A-rated charity called the Clinton Foundation. It did great good works all over the world, and the Clintons received no financial benefit from it. Nevertheless, Republicans insisted it was a Great Big Scandal, and Even The Liberal Media ran screaming huge headlines about bad optics and appearances of impropriety, even though no one could find any actual improprieties anywhere. When poor dumb schlubs like me asked what the big deal was, we were told we were hopeless partisans, and if we didn't see how this was a Great Big Scandal then there just wasn't any help for us.

Meanwhile, there was a corrupt grifting operation called the Trump Foundation. It did no good works anywhere and instead put money right into Trump family pockets. Somehow this raised no concern with . . . well, anyone. Except the New York attorney general's office, which just forced Trump to dissolve the corrupt grifting organization under court supervision. (The New York AG is seeking various other forms of relief, including restitution, civil penalties, and a legally enforceable promise that the Trumps will never again operate a charity in New York.)

This causes me to have a crazy thought: What if all the argle bargle over the Clinton Foundation was complete and utter bullshit, driven by rabid partisans and a mainstream media that just can't get enough of Clinton pseudo-scandals? Wow. If only someone had suggested such a possibility at the time.

My advice to everyone who piously inveighed against the Clinton Foundation: Go re-read your posts and consider what blinkered partisanship and blind hatred can do to your powers of discernment.

But it did acquire some great art for only 20k

trumpvigo-landscape.jpg

Last edited:
There was an A-rated charity called the Clinton Foundation. It did great good works all over the world, and the Clintons received no financial benefit from it. Nevertheless, Republicans insisted it was a Great Big Scandal, and Even The Liberal Media ran screaming huge headlines about bad optics and appearances of impropriety, even though no one could find any actual improprieties anywhere. When poor dumb schlubs like me asked what the big deal was, we were told we were hopeless partisans, and if we didn't see how this was a Great Big Scandal then there just wasn't any help for us.

Meanwhile, there was a corrupt grifting operation called the Trump Foundation. It did no good works anywhere and instead put money right into Trump family pockets. Somehow this raised no concern with . . . well, anyone. Except the New York attorney general's office, which just forced Trump to dissolve the corrupt grifting organization under court supervision. (The New York AG is seeking various other forms of relief, including restitution, civil penalties, and a legally enforceable promise that the Trumps will never again operate a charity in New York.)

This causes me to have a crazy thought: What if all the argle bargle over the Clinton Foundation was complete and utter bullshit, driven by rabid partisans and a mainstream media that just can't get enough of Clinton pseudo-scandals? Wow. If only someone had suggested such a possibility at the time.

My advice to everyone who piously inveighed against the Clinton Foundation: Go re-read your posts and consider what blinkered partisanship and blind hatred can do to your powers of discernment.
Apparently you (and the NYAG) can't discern the subtle nuances that make the Clinton Foundation bad the the trump foundation good.

This is really amazing that a story of this magnitude is but a blip. The POTUS ran a charity foundation as his family’s piggy bank. They violated tax laws and scammed donors. They did it all to enrich themselves.

As I’ve said to everyone who voted for Trump and/or continues to support him, history will not look upon your decisions kindly.

I don't expect any of them will give a shit about this. Folks like us have to start adapting to the fact that the GOP is not interested in reality.
The aide said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' [...] 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors...and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do'.[3]

i can only laugh at you sock puppets who always try to sell the idea that either the Clintons are scumbags, or Tump is a scumbag, but both camps being scumbags are somehow mutually exclusive realities.

news flash, Trump is a complete scumbag, and the Clintons are complete scumbags.

putting the Clinton Foundation allegations aside, there's still the fact that the Clintons monetized the offices of the presidency and SOS to the max, (as did Reagan and others who are also scumbags for doing so), and whether one categorizes speaking fees and such as bribes or delayed compensation, or both, it's as scummy as it can get not only in principle, but because the bribes and delayed compensation are often for selling out the best interests of the citizenry to further the interests of the moneyed interests.

money in politics is the number one problem with our current political system.

the only way, i repeat ONLY WAY, to solve the problem, is cutting off all, i repeat ALL, income streams, gifted or earned, post office for reps, senators, prezes, and elite level regulators, and limiting all above and their spouses to a govt salary only while in office, and a govt retirement income only after they leave office.

anyone thinking of going into politics who isn't ok with that setup, is free to pursue something other than high level public service or office.

Reactions: herrli

Most likely to have started on a Russian troll farm. Every head hurting massive lie you have heard the last 3 years have been conspiracies started on social media (Ruskie trolls), picked up by alt-right news orgs, and finally filtered into msm like fox news. As soon as that happened, the Republicans in the U.S. started stating these topics as definitive truth and weaponized the info to be used in short catchy phrases to the gullible individuals online in the U.S, then into the campaign trail.

Infowars Used to be a crazy man talking about conspiracies that were entertaining but of no value, to a large org that parrots Trump and the Russian trolls daily. There is way more money in it this way. It's also why social media apps wised up and removed them and other alt-righters from their platforms.

Last edited:
i can only laugh at you sock puppets who always try to sell the idea that either the Clintons are scumbags, or Tump is a scumbag, but both camps being scumbags are somehow mutually exclusive realities.

news flash, Trump is a complete scumbag, and the Clintons are complete scumbags.

putting the Clinton Foundation allegations aside, there's still the fact that the Clintons monetized the offices of the presidency and SOS to the max, (as did Reagan and others who are also scumbags for doing so), and whether one categorizes speaking fees and such as bribes or delayed compensation, or both, it's as scummy as it can get not only in principle, but because the bribes and delayed compensation are often for selling out the best interests of the citizenry to further the interests of the moneyed interests.

money in politics is the number one problem with our current political system.

the only way, i repeat ONLY WAY, to solve the problem, is cutting off all, i repeat ALL, income streams, gifted or earned, post office for reps, senators, prezes, and elite level regulators, and limiting all above and their spouses to a govt salary only while in office, and a govt retirement income only after they leave office.

anyone thinking of going into politics who isn't ok with that setup, is free to pursue something other than high level public service or office.
There is another way to solve the problem. Here's a hint:

29477.jpg

Reactions: meridian

That was different

there absolutely is no other way.

and what exactly is your "hint", i pic of SS?
Yes, in prison stripes, but that is apparently too much of a nuance for Trumpers to comprehend.

Do you not get it? Trump personnel and companies are suffering legal consequences all over the place.

This is really amazing that a story of this magnitude is but a blip. The POTUS ran a charity foundation as his family’s piggy bank. They violated tax laws and scammed donors. They did it all to enrich themselves.

As I’ve said to everyone who voted for Trump and/or continues to support him, history will not look upon your decisions kindly.
These people won't be around when the history books come out!

Yes, in prison stripes, but that is apparently too much of a nuance for Trumpers to comprehend.

Do you not get it? Trump personnel and companies are suffering legal consequences all over the place.

please just don't respond when you have absolutely zero to contribute.

and your Trump comment makes absolutely zero sense as to what i originally posted.

are you a bot?

Reactions: herrli

The Clinton ones never survive long enough to face any legal troubles. Its all funny isn't it how you view things through the rose colored glasses

This removes one of the pressure points on President Trump, personally, and on his family but nobody should be fooled. The Trump Foundation was a seething, swirling effervescing maelstrom of self-dealing and the fakest of fake philanthropy.

This removes one of the pressure points on President Trump, personally, and on his family but nobody should be fooled. The Trump Foundation was a seething, swirling effervescing maelstrom of self-dealing and the fakest of fake philanthropy.

True but what this really shows is that this is how the Trump family conducts its business. The Trump family only cares about the Trump family. Screw the charities and screw the country. They are out to get theirs. Is it any wonder they have acted in the exact same way with Trump as President?

True but what this really shows is that this is how the Trump family conducts its business. The Trump family only cares about the Trump family. Screw the charities and screw the country. They are out to get theirs. Is it any wonder they have acted in the exact same way with Trump as President?
Hopefully, not probable tho, President Trump takes some lessons from this experience. There are alleged to be as many 17 investigations now focused on President Trump and his family concerning their business dealings. The newly elected New York State Attorney General basically made prosecuting President Trump and his family a plank of her campaign platform. A lot of damage, real and perceptual, has been done. Now is the time for him to shutter or jettison any other business dealings that will end up distracting him from his duties.

The Clinton ones never survive long enough to face any legal troubles. Its all funny isn't it how you view things through the rose colored glasses
again, no point. just drivel....yah but stuff. mindless is as mindless does.

herrli said:
again, no point. just drivel....yah but stuff. mindless is as mindless does.
herrli sure has hots for Clintons. S/he can't carry a conversation w/o bashing/invoking them!

My favorite (most disgusting) “distribution” from the charity was paying for Don Jr’s Boy Scout fee- $7. That was beyond low.

Pretty amazing that they would be gotten away with their continued, blatant disregard of playing by any rules had DJT not been elected President. The rich truly have a different set of rules- and this demonstrates it.

The good news it that they’re about to see how a real business SHOULD operate. And, they won’t be able to continue their “criminal enterprise” any longer. They’re going to be under the proverbial microscope from now on. As they should be. They don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Bill4411 and MrBing
My favorite (most disgusting) “distribution” from the charity was paying for Don Jr’s Boy Scout fee- $7. That was beyond low.

Pretty amazing that they would be gotten away with their continued, blatant disregard of playing by any rules had DJT not been elected President. The rich truly have a different set of rules- and this demonstrates it.

The good news it that they’re about to see how a real business SHOULD operate. And, they won’t be able to continue their “criminal enterprise” any longer. They’re going to be under the proverbial microscope from now on. As they should be. They don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.
One of these days, a governing body or state attorney general somewhere is going to say, "No, I don't want to settle. Let's go to trial." I'd love to see how Trump, Jared, Erik, Donnie Jr., Ivanka, Melania, and all their other family members, minions, and executives of his empire deal with a trial lasting a week or two.

Bill Clinton has spent $50 million in Clinton Foundation funds for private jet travel.

https://nypost.com/2013/08/20/bill-clinton-foundation-has-spent-more-than-50m-on-travel-expenses/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ularly-uses-billionaire-pals-private-jet.html

Last edited:
Now is the time for him to shutter or jettison any other business dealings that will end up distracting him from his duties.

That works under the perception that President Trump see "his duties" as anything other than business dealings that benefit him and his family. IMHO, that is a mistaken perception. One of the reasons why he is so flummoxed currently is that he thinks that he's been doing "his duties" all along.

Bill Clinton has spent $50 million in Clinton Foundation funds for private jet travel.

I was wondering who's gonna be the first one to post

"What about Clintons?"

Quixote, you won the prize to spend a week with Donald Trump!;)
I am surprised you did not include Obama. Or, is it the next chapter?

Reactions: Bill4411

"What about Clintons?"

how sad that the Trump disaster is shielded 24/7 by the Trump/GOP sock puppets, and the Clinton scumbaggery is shielded by the Clinton/Dem sock puppets, so that both total scumbag camps always have cover.

both Clintons and Trump are total scum, and a disgrace to the country and the offices they held.

how sad that the Trump disaster is shielded 24/7 by the Trump/GOP sock puppets, and the Clinton scumbaggery is shielded by the Clinton/Dem sock puppets, so that both total scumbag camps always have cover.

both Clintons and Trump are total scum, and a disgrace to the country and the offices they held.
I certainly don't care for the Clinton's but there are degrees of horrible and Trump is off the charts. Bill was pretty smarmy but at least he was competent and sane.

Reactions: UncleMark
I certainly don't care for the Clinton's but there are degrees of horrible and Trump is off the charts. Bill was pretty smarmy but at least he was competent and sane.

arguably there were worse tyrants than Hitler, so i guess everybody should ease off Hitler using the , "well so and so was even worse" defense.

i see that disgusting argument all day every day here and elsewhere, and it's really a pathetic defense.

https://nypost.com/2013/08/20/bill-clinton-foundation-has-spent-more-than-50m-on-travel-expenses/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ularly-uses-billionaire-pals-private-jet.html
And yet the Clinton Foundation has an A grade and Donnie was told to disband his, so....

"What about Clintons?"

How sad that you can’t discriminate between a steak that is just ok and a pile of dog excrement. But go ahead and vote for the dog because you want to pout because you can’t have a gourmet meal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT