ADVERTISEMENT

OMG There are no words for how loud these Cicadas are. Like miserable to sit outside loud

i stopped by a buddy's backyard for a little bbq and it was deafening. maybe it's just here. it's awful

Experts tell FOX 2 we can expect as many as 1.5 million cicadas in a brood per acre.

After thinking about it, this was actually a missed opportunity. Since you were at a cookout anyways, and the cicadas were present, you should have taken advantage:

When life gives you lemons...

After thinking about it, this was actually a missed opportunity. Since you were at a cookout anyways, and the cicadas were present, you should have taken advantage:

When life gives you lemons...
Don't give the 'eliminate beef and meats for the greenhouse gases' Karens any more ammunition! Cicadas are what they probably want 'big agri' to look like.

Of course, if they taste like steak, I'm in... Let me know.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
Not that I am an expert, but my understanding is that they take the flavor of whatever you cook them in. Kinda like how escargo is pretty much just a garlic-butter delivery system, the cicadas are generally best when they are deep fried so that you get a continuous crunchy sensation.

For the record, I have eaten exactly one bug (on purpose) in my life, and it was covered in enough chocolate (about a 6 to 1 ratio) that you could barely taste it.

Anyone else? How long is this going to last?
You live in an area where you’ve complained about food, gas and housing prices, said (premium) gas is way too expensive and now cicadas have taken over and it’s impossible to hear anything outside.

Have you ever considered that you just live in a shitty area and probably should consider moving?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BradStevens
You live in an area where you’ve complained about food, gas and hosing prices, said (premium) gas is way too expensive and now cicadas have taken over and it’s impossible to hear anything outside.

Have you ever considered that you just live in a shitty area and probably should consider moving?
It’s awful. But kids. as god as my witness the only place I liked less was living in Ohio.

It’s awful. But kids. as god as my witness the only place I liked less was living in Ohio.
Where in Ohio did you live? I've lived in Long Beach, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, Indianapolis, and Bethesda, MD and while there were things I liked about all those places, I could very easily see myself settling in Columbus or Cincinnati eventually.

I think it depends on your lifestyle. I have heard from other Columbus, OH natives that Columbus is great place to live but a lousy place to visit.

Where in Ohio did you live? I've lived in Long Beach, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, Indianapolis, and Bethesda, MD and while there were things I liked about all those places, I could very easily see myself settling in Columbus or Cincinnati eventually.
I’ve spent 3 months to five years after college in west palm, Sarasota, Chicago, Charleston, Bloomington, San Francisco, and Saint Louis. I enjoyed all of them but disliked Ohio the most. I’ve been to every town there is in Ohio. Or close to it. Lived in both Athens and Columbus

I hated Columbus more than anywhere I’ve ever lived
I honestly don't get that at all, unless you lived there well over 15+ years ago.

A lot of areas in and around Columbus have really developed over the last decade or so, lots of trail systems, great breweries, the 'new' Columbus Crew stadium and for the most part a pretty good music scene. For a single guy in his 40s, there are worse places...

I honestly don't get that at all, unless you lived there well over 15+ years ago.

A lot of areas in and around Columbus have really developed over the last decade or so, lots of trail systems, great breweries, the 'new' Columbus Crew stadium and for the most part a pretty good music scene. For a single guy in his 40s, there are worse places...
That’s fair. It was indeed more than 15 years ago.

So while you were in HS?
I lived in a town called worthington and there was a donatos pizza down the street. I got to like donatos a lot for fast pizza. Anyway a few months ago I saw they were selling them here out of a Red Robin. My daughter and I got one to go. Ate half a piece and threw it out. Wasn’t at all like I remembered

I lived in a town called worthington and there was a donatos pizza down the street. I got to like donatos a lot for fast pizza. Anyway a few months ago I saw they were selling them here out of a Red Robin. My daughter and I got one to go. Ate half a piece and threw it out. Wasn’t at all like I remembered
Anything coming out of a Red Robin is suspect.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Anything coming out of a Red Robin is suspect.
For sure. I shared before that it had been years since I’d been in one. I went into the bathroom and a guy was in the stall and let out the loudest nastiest half fart half shit explosion I’ve ever heard. Right when it finished real loud he goes Redddddd Robin 🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT