ADVERTISEMENT

Official Vance /Walz debate thread

Erick is being a stooge. The goal is to win elections. If they soften stances on shit to get enough votes to win, good. Harris’s entire campaign is a complete lie, but Democrats shut up and fall in line because the goal is to win and govern. I think abortions are the dumbest f#cking thing on the planet and they should be illegal, but I still liked Vance’s statement because it’s plays to moderates.

How many tie-breaking votes did Harris cast and on what issues?

You just admitted that is the only legislative/executive function she ever performed, right? So, spill it or shut up.
Build Back Broke which Biden admitted was just a green new deal bill.

He should have pushed smart ideas like this and encouraged the states not to close down completely:

There is a 99% chance you were calling them conspiracy theorists and nut jobs when they realized that.

We have the opportunity to get some really smart people in gov. Musk. My god think what he has accomplished. Hell he’s getting internet to the hurricane victims as we speak. Vance. Incredibly bright. Like an automaton. Jr. A great environmental trial lawyer. All in on censorship, and food processing. Like a modern Ralph Nader.

What will Harris and walz bring. Two people of moderate intellect who have been gov ees their entire lives. Election people. Identifying trannies and blacks will be their chief priorities. Enough with the progressive bs. We need thinkers and innovators. Trump won’t give a shit. That pig will play golf and breathe a sigh of relief.
Musk? Musk?

You adore a white citizen of South Africa, no wait, I mean Canada, no wait, I mean the U.S. (for now) ?

Yeah, right. If you love Musk so much, then vote for Musk instead of Trump and say out loud that you are withdrawing your support of that "pig," as you just called Trump,

Musk? Musk?

You adore a white citizen of South Africa, no wait, I mean Canada, no wait, I mean the U.S. (for now) ?

Yeah, right. If you love Musk so much, then vote for Musk instead of Trump and say out loud that you are withdrawing your support of that "pig," as you just called Trump,
I’m excited to have smart people from a variety of industries involved.

What progressive policies do you like

It’s 100 percent certain I didn’t. I linked this and recommended we do it soon as it came out. Swing and a miss there.
That’s out of character for you then. They were viewed as right wing loons who were spreading disinformation because they went against the establishment at the time.

Last edited:
How many tie-breaking votes did Harris cast and on what issues?

You just admitted that is the only legislative/executive function she ever performed, right? So, spill it or shut up.
33---More than any US VP..

Just a couple that stick out.

Inflation Reduction Act---The bill that included adding more IRS employee's, to chase down waitress, etc.. Although Harris is now saying "no taxes on tips.."---Where she get that from?

American Rescue plan act of 2021---Was to create 4 million jobs---exact opposite. People dudnt go back to work because the govt $$ was better than a job. Flooding a recovering market with millions, not a very good move. She was the tir-breaking vote here.

That’s out of character for you then. They were viewed as right wing loons who were spreading disinformation because they went against the establishment at the time.
Incidentally, “against the establishment” isn’t a factor in detecting conspiracy theories. Stupid and illogical are the two key factors. The idea that 9/11 is an inside job, that the 2020 election was lost due to voter fraud, and Ray Epps was an informant or Fed are all examples of stupid and illogical conspiracy theories.

I'd say 'a little odd' is fair and goes to Goat's assertion that he's 'not quite human'. I would counter by saying that Kamala is 'very odd', and that Walz is not quite an adult.

I want a fact check on Walz' statement that his 17 year old witnessed a school shooting. Not saying it didn't happen, but I'd like to see the original reporting.
Well he didn't witness a "school shooting", and Walz never claimed he did. What Walz said was that Gus witnessed a shooting at a Rec center. It was widely known locally in MN, but there was no reason it would have made national headlines at the time...

"Gus Walz was at volleyball practice at the Jimmy Lee Recreation Center in St. Paul the afternoon of Jan. 18, 2023, when a 16-year-old was shot and seriously wounded outside.

It wasn’t the first time Tim Walz had spoken about his son’s brush with gun violence, and the shooting itself was widely publicized locally. But the Democrat’s remarks Tuesday night at his debate with Republican JD Vance, as the public is still getting to know both vice presidential candidates, offered the biggest stage yet to personalize an issue that has deeply affected many American families.

On Wednesday, the youth’s volleyball coach, David Albornoz, praised Gus in an interview with The Associated Press for how he helped get other kids to safety and keep them calm amid the chaotic scene."

Just because Trump and Vance make up stories to sensationalize issues, doesn't mean everyone else does...

Reactions: UncleMark
Bet there won’t be men identifying as women stealing women’s cloths from luggage at airports.

Harris will have to appoint a representative from all 100 genders.
Aren't there easier places for Republicans to steal women's clothes?

Those airports have an awful lot of cameras.

33---More than any US VP..

Just a couple that stick out.

Inflation Reduction Act---The bill that included adding more IRS employee's, to chase down waitress, etc.. Although Harris is now saying "no taxes on tips.."---Where she get that from?

American Rescue plan act of 2021---Was to create 4 million jobs---exact opposite. People dudnt go back to work because the govt $$ was better than a job. Flooding a recovering market with millions, not a very good move. She was the tir-breaking vote here.
How many of these did Vance point to in the v-p debate?

How many of these did Vance point to in the v-p debate?
Didnt watch....And irrelevant.

Like I said, yall trying to separate here from Joe, just as hard as Pubs are trying to tie her to him.

Again---she applauded his policies....his presidency, etc...But somehow she has nothing to do with anything? Even if so, she still supported him. Stood by him...Applauded his decisions---his poilicy.Was this just a sideshow from her? Are you implying she basically lied for 4 years?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I mean..............thats sort of important. At such position, you are the tiebreaker----and she was just that some 30+ times. No need to undermind the position, THAT much.
So any of those bills passed that she had to cast the tiebreaking vote on had to be passed by the House, prior to becoming law. So how do you think that happened if they were terrible bills that every Republican opposed?

And considering the hostility toward her current positions among Republicans (orchestrated by Trump) which of her proposals do you suggest she implement now? And how would that work?

As to how the VP office works this guy went viral for saying exactly what I did. And exposed a lot of not so educated people who slept thru civics in the process...

I'm pissed. This guy is now famous, and I made the point on here in total anonymity...

So any of those bills passed that she had to cast the tiebreaking vote on had to be passed by the House, prior to becoming law. So how do you think that happened if they were terrible bills that every Republican opposed?

And considering the hostility toward her current positions among Republicans (orchestrated by Trump) which of her proposals do you suggest she implement now? And how would that work?

As to how the VP office works this guy went viral for saying exactly what I did. And exposed a lot of not so educated people who slept thru civics in the process...

I'm pissed. This guy is now famous, and I made the point on here in total anonymity...

Vote was 219-212...No republican voted yes. Two dems voted no... Thats how?? If she shoots things down in the Senate, does it really matter? Nope.

If not so important why were Dems "celebrating" her breaking the record for most tie-breaking votes ever by a VP? Alluding to, "Iflation Act, American Rescue plan, and many great justices could not have happened, w/o her...."

Ya'll will downplay this---yet at the same time, call her a visionary, a pioneer---a great VP, etc....Yet 7 months ago, Dems were ready to throw her off the ticket...

COmical.

She has "nothing to do with" what "you guys" are accusing her of single-handedly causing when she was the vice president, i.e. the most powerless office in the world.

But now, so you can criticize her, you are trying to elevate the vice presidency into the most powerful office in the world. Don't you see how silly that looks?

She simply never had the power you guys claim she had.
The problem isn’t that she never had the power, it’s that she’s ineffective, insignificant, & unimportant enough to have any influence as second in command. The alternative is that she did & has been a part of creating problems with inflation, the border, etc. Which is it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT