ADVERTISEMENT

Official Vance /Walz debate thread

Team Walz seems like they’ve been trying to lower expectations, with their leaks. “He’s nervous, he doesn’t want to let Harris down, he’s been practicing late into the night, he’s not a good debater”

Gimme a break. The guy is a two term Governor who was in congress forever and they’re trying to cast him as a political neophyte.

Walz will be fine. I expect him to slap on the kindly midwestern demeanor, that hides his malevolent political beliefs.

Vance risks coming off as slick and/ or pugilistic if he goes in there in attack mode. Walz can’t beat him on substance, don’t let him beat you on style.

Maybe Walz can just share some of these Mike DeWine thoughts on JD Vance and his ugly and awful xenophobic lies about Haitians in Ohio.

IMHO, any advantage Vance may have in rhetorical linguistics are offset by his terribly awkward and atrocious demeanor.
Crazy thing about all the Haitian immigrants I’ve waited on recently….Ive yet to encounter a gay one. They’ve all been married with kids attempting to live the American dream

Reactions: DANC
Walz looks 80. Wtf. Does he hate skincare products? Hair?

Don Rickles in his prime.

images

CLIMATE CHANGE

How bout a smart question about what each administration would do the prepare and respond to such a crisis?

But alas, we must sacrifice all smart discussion to the weather god.

Reactions: DANC
Vance will talk about Harris. Walz will talk about Trump. Neither will discuss much about policy
There's no reason for them to do anything else. The only test the Veep candidate has to pass is "Can I plausibly see this person as president if the worst happens?" Vance probably has a slightly higher bar to meet there, simply because Trump is so old and decrepit, but it's honestly not a really high bar to begin with. So they don't have to do much except not look like a complete idiot. The rest of their energy goes to attacking the other side.

I said I wouldn't watch this, and I won't, for the most part, but I'm getting to bed late, so I saw a bit. Both so far are more impressive than I expected.

There's no reason for them to do anything else. The only test the Veep candidate has to pass is "Can I plausibly see this person as president if the worst happens?" Vance probably has a slightly higher bar to meet there, simply because Trump is so old and decrepit, but it's honestly not a really high bar to begin with. So they don't have to do much except not look like a complete idiot. The rest of their energy goes to attacking the other side.

I said I wouldn't watch this, and I won't, for the most part, but I'm getting to bed late, so I saw a bit. Both so far are more impressive than I expected.
They are both significantly better than trump and Harris.

I will say Clinton was masterful at weaving in personal encounters. I met a mother…. When politicians do it now I want to vomit. F off

I’m thinking the IQ level on this stage is much higher than when Trump and Harris are around.

Vance trying his best to soften Trump's position on immigration but not getting it done. Walz countering well.
Vance is doing a very good job trying to normalize his own ticket, but Walz is doing a very good job defending against that. Both men look smart and rational. It's actually strange and out of place for this election.

Vance is saying some hyperbolic things, but he's doing it quite calmly, so it comes across a little softer.

Reactions: UncleMark
Vance is doing a very good job trying to normalize his own ticket, but Walz is doing a very good job defending against that. Both men look smart and rational. It's actually strange and out of place for this election.

Vance is saying some hyperbolic things, but he's doing it quite calmly, so it comes across a little softer.
Trump is a mess and Harris is a moron.

In many ways this is sad bc it’s two people who can communicate- both of whom are sharing polar visions for the country. And that’s a shame

They’re both doing well. Moderators just need to STFU with their commentary. It’s not necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT