ADVERTISEMENT

Official: Crean to Georgia

Talker, yes, communicator, no. Not many people can say so little while talking so much. I didn’t watch the whole thing, but I keep finding myself thinking, wtf is he talking about?

Hammer on the nail here.

Crean is a classic case of an evangelical talker who can't communicate a simple message in and clear and concise manner.

He reminds me of an executive I once worked with who's staff hated him, he never made his numbers and couldn't tell you about his business because he preferred talking in whatever buzzword was popular at the time.

He would talk, bombastically about stuff like synergy and transformation. Never about his actual business as he wasn't comfortable getting into the details of his actual business.

That guy also was a little too orange in the winter. Lol

$3.2M a year? Not surprised someone hired him, but that is way too much.....can't complain that should only wipe out IU's debt to him.

Chump change for Georgia. They play with house money down there.
They are top 15 in the country in athletic revenue and haul in about $30 million more annually than IU.

Reporter “why did you accept this position without looking at the campus or facilities?” Crean “I didn’t need to”. But he was thinking “no one else was stupid enough to offer me a head coaching position”. “Next question”

That would give me pause if I was an UGa fan.

Reactions: IUgradman
I wonder if he’ll develop a similar cult following there that will follow him blindly regardless of results for nearly a decade? Maybe build a shrine to honor him as the greatest coach of all time like IU fans did. I’ll be interested to see if theirs tops ours.

:)

Reporter “why did you accept this position without looking at the campus or facilities?” Crean “I didn’t need to”. But he was thinking “no one else was stupid enough to offer me a head coaching position”. “Next question”
He couldn't afford to stay out of coaching for another year and hope to get a power 5 job. He knew he had to jump now.

I wonder if he’ll develop a similar cult following there that will follow him blindly regardless of results for nearly a decade? Maybe build a shrine to honor him as the greatest coach of all time like IU fans did. I’ll be interested to see if theirs tops ours.

You are so annoying, you post this sh*t in every thread involving Crean. We get it, Crean should have been fired years ago and you are the only IU fan that knew. Give it a rest.

Funny how many supposed wordsmiths here disavow the whole "We're Back!" narrative as some kind of phantom theme.

I certainly never met an Iu fan that was anywhere near as over the top as you describe. You also paint with a pretty broad brush. Most IU fans I know were pretty disenchanted by season six. Glass tried to move on Crean Earlier but was thwarted by BOT and ultimately His boss.

Exactly. Next program to offer would be a MAC team...at best.

I certainly never met an Iu fan that was anywhere near as over the top as you describe. You also paint with a pretty broad brush. Most IU fans I know were pretty disenchanted by season six. Glass tried to move on Crean Earlier but was thwarted by BOT and ultimately His boss.
How do you know that glass wanted to fire Crean earlier?

I was reading a couple Ga basketball forums. The thread was discussing a tweet from Dwayne Wade wishing Crean well. I had to chuckle a bit when I read the following.

"I have mixed feelings about Wade in the NBA these last few seasons, but this is nothing but huge if he is in Crean's corner for real. What young prospect wouldn't be impressed that he developed Wade from a 3-star to this?"

Now you’re starting to get scary.

How do you know that glass wanted to fire Crean earlier?
Glass never wanted to fire Crean, and he was quick to assure TC of that fact. It's why Crean was caught so flat footed when Glass called him to say they needed to meet the next day. It was never, ever Glass's intention to let him go. QB (primarily, with the support of key Trustees), intervened and made it happen.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Glass never wanted to fire Crean, and he was quick to assure TC of that fact. It's why Crean was caught so flat footed when Glass called him to say they needed to meet the next day. It was never, ever Glass's intention to let him go. QB (primarily, with the support of key Trustees), intervened and made it happen.

Oh, you were in the room on those conversations between Crean and Glass? I completely forgot that.
Why do you think Crean had planned that Florida trip in advance? He knew he was going to have to face the music and it was his way to duck out.

When did Quinn tell you that he had to override Glass? Was that at your weekly Quinn-Block Charge Large Ordy lunch?

If Quinn was calling all the shots on everything, why isn’t Alford here?

You just make up so much stuff it’s funny.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
Oh, you were in the room on those conversations between Crean and Glass? I completely forgot that.
Why do you think Crean had planned that Florida trip in advance? He knew he was going to have to face the music and it was his way to duck out.

When did Quinn tell you that he had to override Glass? Was that at your weekly Quinn-Block Charge Large Ordy lunch?

If Quinn was calling all the shots on everything, why isn’t Alford here?

You just make up so much stuff it’s funny.
He planned the trip because he'd been assured his job was safe. And why would you presume QB, whom you don't know and never saw play at IU, wanted Alford? Talk about making stuff up! You seem way behind the curve.

He planned the trip because he'd been assured his job was safe. And why would you presume QB, whom you don't know and never saw play at IU, wanted Alford? Talk about making stuff up! You seem way behind the curve.
I'm going to need some documentation/source here, Ordy. Otherwise I have to call BS and say you don't know sh!+ about what or how it all went down. You know, just like you do with every other poster.

Get out of here ! IU fans blindly followed Crean even though you knew he was a bad hire and should have been fired ? Why are you just now telling us this ? If we had only known you felt this way ! You have done us all a grave disservice and let us all down by just now informing us what you knew about Crean all along.

I'm going to need some documentation/source here, Ordy. Otherwise I have to call BS and say you don't know sh!+ about what or how it all went down. You know, just like you do with every other poster.
You calling BS on anything related to IU athletics is meaningless. However, if you know certain Trustees or even a very specific one or if you know connected media members, this should be easy for you to verify. Most people with close connections to IU and the Athletic Department know most, if not all, of the story. Perhaps you can find such a person and become more informed.

Which begs the question: why would you presume that Fred Glass, whom you don’t know, assured Crean his job was safe? You do know Glass personally? You had discussions with him on this topic of job security?

I don’t know if I’m “way behind the curve” but I do know you are on the cutting edge of speculation, innuendo, and fabrications.

Reactions: IU Scott
Which begs the question: why would you presume that Fred Glass, whom you don’t know, assured Crean his job was safe? You do know Glass personally? You had discussions with him on this topic of job security?

I don’t know if I’m “way behind the curve” but I do know you are on the cutting edge of speculation, innuendo, and fabrications.
I made no such presumption. And, yes, you're way behind the curve.

Certainly the lattermost seeing how it has to fabricate a new screen name every ten days or so to resurrect its presence here.

You calling BS on anything related to IU athletics is meaningless. However, if you know certain Trustees or even a very specific one or if you know connected media members, this should be easy for you to verify. Most people with close connections to IU and the Athletic Department know most, if not all, of the story. Perhaps you can find such a person and become more informed.
Is this the 50th name you've posted under?

Cult? Really? I do remember that there were a few folks who blindly defended CTC, but not sure if they were true believers, relatives, or just wanted to be contrary all of the time to get a reaction. Sound familiar?

Just an aside, aren't you the guy who claimed, with great assurance no less, that Billy Donovan was going to be the coach at IU after Tommy?

Hopefully he will get banned for like the 16th time so we can get rid of the trash.

I took your advice and put him on ignore starting about three names ago. Still see the responses but it is indeed better not having to see all of the lies and nonsense as he stalked me.

Tremendous excellence... there's no doubt about it. ...hahahahahahahahaha!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT