ADVERTISEMENT

Official: Crean to Georgia

Tom will do well at Georgia. He's a perfect fit. He also gave us everything he had and I respect him for that.
He plays fast and when his guys hit threes they are hard to beat and fun to watch. Lots of talent in GA and he'll get some plus national guys too.
They'll beat UK from time to time and make tournament most of the time.
I wish him well and hope to see them in the NCAA in the future.
Go Hoosiers!.
lol .................

Reactions: IUgradman
Good pros have come out of UGA. Vern Fleming former Pacer point guard came from there. And of course we have Dominique Wilkins from there as well.

So, name the only other two from Georgia who averaged at least double figures in the NBA. Don't cheat.

I remember hearing on here for 7-8 years how incredibly lucky we were to have Tom Crean grace our campus with his presence. That other elite programs would love to have him! And he could get about any job he wanted.

Yea, it took him a year to get a job at the powerhouse of Georgia. What standards the Crean cult had for over 3,000 days.

I remember hearing on here for 7-8 years how incredibly lucky we were to have Tom Crean grace our campus with his presence. That other elite programs would love to have him! And he could get about any job he wanted.

Yea, it took him a year to get a job at the powerhouse of Georgia. What standards the Crean cult had for over 3,000 days.
6a00d8341c652b53ef013480307733970c-800wi

Are you sure ? I've never heard you express that sentiment before. (I would have added the dws but anyone who's been on this board for more than ten minutes knows it isn't necessary).

The next time you post something positive will be your first time...

Diversity of opinion is what makes a forum like this stronger...no?

Reactions: Hoosier in Tokyo
Yep, a nice place to land. Great city in Athens, big paycheck, and zero pressure to win big. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

There are not many major campuses I have never been on, Athens is one of them.

I know it is not popular here, but I do think Crean is a good guy at heart. He just gets carried away with the hype as he tries to continually sell his ability, his team, his program, etc.

He's already started with the Crean-isms at Georgia, i.e., "Make no mistake about it....", "Absolutely...", and "No question about it...", followed by statements of promise or fact that is more hope than guarantee of reality.

Good luck to him but I'm very happy with CAM and his no-nonsense and anti-drama approach.

Well, there were people who were just fine with Gerry Dinardo, Bill Lynch and Cam Cameron .....

What the hell is Georgia paying him for if not to win big? My God. Just get a student volunteer then and save the money.
They are paying him to babysit the basketball fans and media, so the administration can focus on the football team.

Coca-Cola is headquartered and made in Atlanta.

The guy will be in heaven whIle in Georgia.

Not sure what that green shit is though?

What board were you on? Dudes approval rating was at like 15% in year 8...but you’re just trying to show off, aren’t you? Lol

Reactions: jet812
My take from the Rivals MB:

An insecure little man. One of the few coaches to not play in college and overcompensates at every opportunity. No feel for the flow of the game, overcoaches. IU couldn't guard its own shadow and he thought it was a good idea to switch defenses mid-possession. Spends the PC's telling you how much he knows about basketball. The program was all about talking and not about doing. I always felt he had to just be an exhausting individual to be around. Not going to call him a fraud but he tries way too hard to let you know he knows what he's doing. His act wears thin. IU shoulda nuked him years before they did. Real easy guy to make fun of. Very odd mannerisms. He's toast without NBA talent.

Best piece of advice: have your AD get him a nice UGA belt. And keep him out of the Dale Carnegie courses.

Last edited:
Apparently time doesn't heal all wounds... Tom Crean sounds like a jilted lover...

Here is the full interview, poor audio sync and all, for all of the masochists.

You'll see lots of insecurity, 90/10 emphasis on offense over defense, approximately 20 IU references, and a great tan.

Based on just the part of the full speech I listened to I give him four years max before the players don’t listen to him and the basketball fans can’t stand him. He needs intervention!

Here is the full interview, poor audio sync and all, for all of the masochists.

You'll see lots of insecurity, 90/10 emphasis on offense over defense, approximately 20 IU references, and a great tan.

I don’t have a clue what the heck he is trying to convey to the audience. He is a classic used car salesman. He must have a great agent.

Mediocrity is rewarded in this country. There are a bunch of mid major coaches with 10X the coaching ability of Tommy Naismith. I guess Georgia didn’t talk to anyone at Marquette or IU when doing a background check. Or they just don't care about winning.
Agreed!

He was pretty much guaranteed a good recommendation from IU staff, what with us supporting his life style. Georgia obviously should have come on here and asked us. Or done a Google search on "CTC".

It is HARD to believe that someone so mediocre at their profession is going to retire a millionaire.

If he didn't luck out with Wade he wouldn't have been at IU. If he didn't land Zeller he would have been fired years earlier. Two players made his career!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT