ADVERTISEMENT

Official: Crean to Georgia

Mediocrity is rewarded in this country. There are a bunch of mid major coaches with 10X the coaching ability of Tommy Naismith. I guess Georgia didn’t talk to anyone at Marquette or IU when doing a background check. Or they just don't care about winning.

Not sure what we've gotten ourselves into but regardless......he's an upgrade over Mark Fox. Cream won't have to travel far for talent, he's surrounded by it. We'll soon see if he can coach.

Not sure what we've gotten ourselves into but regardless......he's an upgrade over Mark Fox. Cream won't have to travel far for talent, he's surrounded by it. We'll soon see if he can coach.
Well, he coached at IU for 9 years with plenty of talent. You may have to see if he can coach...pretty sure most on this board already know he can’t. That’s why he’s always the 3rd choice.

The talent will soon be fleeing the state like rats leaving a sinking ship once they learn he has no substance.

Notice the user names... these are Boiler fans telling you he can't coach. Boiler fans are as sad he's gone as IU fans are happy he's gone...

Well, he coached at IU for 9 years with plenty of talent. You may have to see if he can coach...pretty sure most on this board already know he can’t. That’s why he’s always the 3rd choice.

Spoiler Alert!

He can’t.

Do you like clapping? Tom does.

Spoiler Alert!
He can’t. Do you like clapping? Tom does.

ESAD. Both of you. Quietly and far away from here.

He was surrounded by a lot of talent in Indiana and did not seem able to get that many of the talent. I hope he does well there because I thought he was a good guy and wish him well. I just don't get the venom toward him especially since he is no longer here.

He was surrounded by a lot of talent in Indiana and did not seem able to get that many of the talent. I hope he does well there because I thought he was a good guy and wish him well. I just don't get the venom toward him especially since he is no longer here.

Because he sent our program into the crapper. Did you see the roster we had this past season? Archie was given a poo poo platter and had to rebuild the tattered relationships Crean had with coaches and players in the state.

He is a BS artist and drove the program into irrelevance. We are still paying for his ineptitude and arrogance.

Geez! Crean's not a good coach. Without Wade and Zeller, he'd have no coaching career. Indiana HS kids didn't want to play for him and he left the program in shambles. That's WHY many here don't like him.

Here's what you're getting from a guy who absolutely hates him. Lol

Fake emotion, incessant pleads for sympathy, unlimited excuses (be on the watch for when he ever loses a player for the season, even if it's the equipment manager, that person's loss is insumountable to recover from. We are missing his leadership something terrible.

Everyone is negatively recruiting against you.

All of a sudden you'll start playing a LOT of hypenated teams in the pre conference and it will be spun that the conference is too tough. Then you'll get absolutely pulverized when you play your first conference road game...which will be your first road game of the year.

You'll play multiple defenses, sometimes during a possession. Your new coach wants so badly to be the smartest guy in the room.

He does a decent job of game planning...but god help you if things don't go as planned. His substitutions seem to be scripted (a lot of hockey line subs) and he struggles to adjust. One I don't think he's a good communicator, especially under fire. You'll notice his press conferences are long winded and he doesn't say much with substance.

Let's see what else.

He is the center of attention. He paces and wails on the sidelines drawing attention to himself. It's a lot of wasted energy, wasted hustle. Analysts love to think that he's this crazy intense guy but... I always felt it was an act.

Overall you're going to notice he's very disingenuous in general. Have you ever delt with a used car salesman that doesn't know you but is going to go to bat for you when he goes and talks to his manager? Yeah...like that.

The beat writers absolutely hated him.

The players hated his practices.

It came out that one of his things he must of read in whatever self help book was that not having a set schedule keeps everyone on their toes. So I guess the players had to always be ready for his magic text to tell them to practice in 30 minutes.

He's the kind of guy that is constantly reading self help books and completely changing his strategy to fit whatever he's reading at the time.

He also works extremely hard....but that's because he's not naturally talented at basketball in general (he never played btw and many feel his lack of feel for the game comes from that). He has a lot of spreadsheets instead of feel.

The positive aspect is he is a name so he might give you a recruiting charge.

His offense can be fun when it's working. I think his concept of defense is to yell 'don't let them score!!' but his offense isn't bad, actually impressive when he has shooters and a good post player.

That probably plays better in the SEC than the Big Ten if I'm being honest.

He's pretty good at individual development.

He's also pretty good at making wing players really, really good (Wade, Victor and OG).

Lastly Christian Watford was pretty good for him...maybe that gives him a shot at Trendon Watford??

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT