ADVERTISEMENT

OAD quandary

Yes I’d still like to get the best talent possible. OAD or not. And I’d love Duke or UK’s results the last 10 years. I think every program would.

Yes I’d still like to get the best talent possible. OAD or not. And I’d love Duke or UK’s results the last 10 years. I think every program would.
I'd rather have Villanova's results and recruiting/coaching strategy. It's much more satisfying. Same amount of championships as Duke - and more than UK in the past 10 years. Villanova has shown that one doesn't need a team full of OADs to win big. Additionally, I prefer players who I can follow for more than a year. Without names on the back of our jerseys, we need players to stick around. It takes a few years to remember who is who! ;)

uk and cal excelled when they were getting 3 or 4 of the top 10 to 15 each season. But he won the title when they had multiple experienced players on the team to lead them.

Now cal is reduced to getting just a few of the top 20 and they basically return nobody of value from one season to the next. He really needs a great PG and a group of bigs to work with to win it all.

Even then, he schedules virtually zero true road games in non-conference and gets credit for all the "neutral" site games where uk fans will travel and make it a home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT