ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds Like Chris Mack May Be On His Way Out...

How many of our fans thought he was a better candidate?

Chris Mack is and was always a better candidate than Archie. Xavier has hardly been a mid-major the last decade and they’ve only missed the tournament 2-3 times since Matta was hired in 2000. Just goes to show you that the hiring process isn’t as black and white as people make it out to be and throwing X amount of money at a candidate doesn’t guarantee wins. It’s all about fit. I really am befuddled how it didn’t work out for Mack at Louisville, he was a helluva coach at Xavier.

Chris Mack is and was always a better candidate than Archie. Xavier has hardly been a mid-major the last decade and they’ve only missed the tournament 2-3 times since Matta was hired in 2000. Just goes to show you that the hiring process isn’t as black and white as people make it out to be and throwing X amount of money at a candidate doesn’t guarantee wins. It’s all about fit. I really am befuddled how it didn’t work out for Mack at Louisville, he was a helluva coach at Xavier.
Mack was off to a great start at Louisville, then sanctions and the problem with Dino Guriado hit

Interesting quotes from former Card Butch Beard. Pretty grim assessment of their current program-says they are so low it will take 10-15 years to get back to national prominence. Also states that no black player should ever go to UL unless they hire a black coach.

Butch Beard Interview

Interesting quotes from former Card Butch Beard. Pretty grim assessment of their current program-says they are so low it will take 10-15 years to get back to national prominence. Also states that no black player should ever go to UL unless they hire a black coach.

Butch Beard Interview
In some ways, it’s the kind of thinking that got Sampson to Bloomington.

UL needs a squeaky clean candidate after the recent scandals.
The favorite son candidate approach may be an attempt to appeal to Louisville HS talent.

Stepping up in class to the ACC may have made recruiting harder …
UL needs better talent to win at .667 or better in the ACC than it did in Big East, CUSA, Metro

22,000 fans at home (Yum Center) games is awesome.
20,000 fans in Freedom Hall, the country’s largest arena for decades.

Archie summarized it well. Mack's record, especially pre-Covid was solid. He's getting run out of town due to a fan base/Alumni that are impatient idiots.
They like and have become accustomed to winners. Who can blame them. Better than the apathy that has settled over a lot of Hoosier nation. But Woody is in the way!!

Hmmm, I wonder what it's like to have a Mid Major Coach not work out. Wait...

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/sources...cle_3c94ded2-7e2a-11ec-be57-7b8de4303ee3.html

Meanwhile, a live look at Dino Gaudio...

First, most Power 5 coaches coach at the mid-major level before they get to a Power 5 job. Xavier is in the Big east and he did well there as did Miller at UD (not Big East, but good conference and good results in the tourney as well). They were both hot prospects for good reasons, but didn’t/haven’t worked out. That happens.

Second, the impending NCAA sanctions hanging over UofL’s program (shoe thing and Mack’s own) have put a damper on their recruiting. They’re not getting the same caliber of players they typically get. That, Mack badly mishandling the assistant coach situation and losing the support of his players all led to the current team’s poor performance performance.

Mack never should have left Xavier. He was loved there and had built something pretty good. The UofL situation was never going to be good because of the NCAA stuff hanging over the program. Now with all the added stuff from Mack's leadership, they may end up with the Death Penalty. And, honestly, they deserve it.

Oats isn't leaving 'bama for UofL He's got a great thing going in Tuscaloosa; no way he'd want to take over a mess like UofL is going to be, even worse than when Mack was hired.

Why would anyone want to look at Wade?

Pearl - like Oats - has a good thing going at Auburn. Grass might look greener on the other side, but you still gotta mow it.

Reactions: IU FAN IN W. NC
Hopefully it’s not Pearl. IU does not need him around
Agreed.

Say what you want about Pearl, but that guy can recruit and coach like hell. But I'd have to think that the PTBs at Louisville would rather hire Minnie Pearl than Bruce Pearl. The last thing they need is somebody to bring more ethical baggage in town.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Archie summarized it well. Mack's record, especially pre-Covid was solid. He's getting run out of town due to a fan base/Alumni that are impatient idiots.
Impatience..
That's got a very good chance happening at Indiana...
Unless it's tournament appearance..By next year..

Good god, Wade and Pearl… Is Louisville really dumb enough to bring either one of those two scumbags around? The NCAA would hammer them.

NCAA will never hammer anyone again. Pearl and Lou is a match made in heaven. He would win and win big. Pearl is an amazing coach.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
In some ways, it’s the kind of thinking that got Sampson to Bloomington.

UL needs a squeaky clean candidate after the recent scandals.
The favorite son candidate approach may be an attempt to appeal to Louisville HS talent.

Stepping up in class to the ACC may have made recruiting harder …
UL needs better talent to win at .667 or better in the ACC than it did in Big East, CUSA, Metro

22,000 fans at home (Yum Center) games is awesome.
20,000 fans in Freedom Hall, the country’s largest arena for decades.
Unlike IU do you really think they will hire someone squeaky clean? I don't.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Weird, I didn’t see Archie Miller or Tom Crean on their list. It’s as if winning matters to them.
Nobody is going to hire Archie other than a mid to low major. He had his shot at a big school and failed big time.

Apparently, it is memorialized on The Bucket. I’d tell you to look for yourself, but, you know, The Bucket is not … um … available to you right now.
broilees in their pretend world, they even defaced the Bucket with their hallucinations. I read the article from purdue site, self proclaiming their championship 75 YEARS after the season. so funny, silly broilees...

broilees in their pretend world, they even defaced the Bucket with their hallucinations. I read the article from purdue site, self proclaiming their championship 75 YEARS after the season. so funny, silly broilees...
The Bucket was adorned with a diamond encrusted P-link in 1943 to commemorate the national championship. It’s glorious. Next time you get the chance, you should check it out.

Can someone remind me of Mack had any NCAA issues or just strictly under performing? Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT