ADVERTISEMENT

Masks

Don't believe in political yard signs or airing my political views in public meetings when my opinions are irrelevant to the purpose of the meetings.

Given this, i am faced with a dilemma. The dilemma being that the wearing of a mask in public is now seen as a political statement in the eyes of some. In the beginning not wearing a mask was frowned upon. Recently wearing a mask runs the risk of being frowned upon.

Don't know for sure if wearing a mask protects me, or the other guy, or both of us. All I know is this, if I come down with Covid it won't be because I didn't wear a mask.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Don't know for sure if wearing a mask protects me or the other guy.
After 2 1/2 years, 417,000,000 cases worldwide, 5.8 million deaths worldwide, and the complete known medical history of viruses, the average American still doesn't have confidence that they know this answer.

Mostly because the politics of Covid became and remained more important than the numbers and the science.

"What did Trump say? I'm against THAT."
"What did Fauci say? I'm against THAT."

The numbers say that the folks who may still be at risk from Covid MIGHT be (the docs can't really say - might get sued) (1) the vaccinated, immunocompromised (with or without co-morbidities, not clear), and (2) folks over 65, without vaccinations and WITH co-morbidities. Serious health issues and deaths among other age groups are now (and almost always have been) statistically minuscule.

And instead of focusing on if/how to protected the at-risk, the nation fights over masks in school.

"Do what I say or I'll be violent!"

God help us.

Reactions: IUINSB and hoot1
I am pretty sure alot of people would not mind if she kept the mask on forever which she may actually do anyway.

he View’s” most vocal co-host is remaining muzzled.

Joy Behar says she is going to wear a face mask in public spaces “indefinitely” — even after health officials say it is safe to take them off.

The liberal commentator, 79, made the claim on the ABC chat show Thursday, during a segment discussing how the CDC will likely ease its guidance on mask-wearing in the near future.

“Personally, I listen to the little voice in my head that doesn’t really follow 100% what they tell me because they keep changing it,” Behar stated.

“A very short time ago, they were saying put the N95 masks on, and now make sure it’s…” she added, trailing off, “and now they’re saying you don’t have to wear them anymore.”

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Science deniers still beleive masks and vaccines “stop the spread” despite Omicron taking over the world in weeks.

Once you politicize the virus, and people choose sides based on which politician they like/dislike, it becomes much harder to make policy based on science. Those kids wear masks because they don't like Trump.

The midterms are coming.
SCIENCE IS CHANGING.

I’m gonna gain mass just in case they change gravity.
Gravity will change. Our current theory is right, 99% of the time. But we see events that our current theory does not explain quite right. And our current gravity theory does not play well with quantum. Should we get it right, or stick with "good enough"?

DSqtTVM.jpg

Gravity will change. Our current theory is right, 99% of the time. But we see events that our current theory does not explain quite right. And our current gravity theory does not play well with quantum. Should we get it right, or stick with "good enough"?
Gravity will not change. Our understanding of it will, just like it has for COVId. That sure didn’t stop the left from screaming what must be done with 100% certainty without being certain.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
That sure didn’t stop the left from screaming what must be done with 100% certainty without being certain.
It is the 100% biggest exostential threat against democracy! Causes global warming! Is worsened by racist white misogynist men! errr I mean it was, until 2022 polling science proved differently.

I think it's dumb. It will just lead to more kids getting covid and taking it back to their house. Plus, it will lead to kids of anti-mask parents bullying kids that are wearing masks, which is what was happening to my kids before the schools mandated masks in the first place. Likely because kids of people like Bailey are just as bad as their parents.
Yeah, I think that's it, and this whole thread really doesn't belong here on the bbal forum, but I'll say what I expect to happen. I work there, and I'm not a janitor, so I hear things from the top pretty quick. If I were a parent, I'd say remote learning and get used to it for the foreseeable future

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT