ADVERTISEMENT

Masks

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011

The same thing just happened in Illinois. So I am really wondering what Mark or Bowlmania thinks about this. I assume they would be beyond upset to say the least. Bowlmania I assume you would pull your kid from school rather than have them near a kid with no mask? I mean that is the most trust the science thing of you to do. Unless of course you are all talk?

The same thing just happened in Illinois. So I am really wondering what Mark or Bowlmania thinks about this. I assume they would be beyond upset to say the least. Bowlmania I assume you would pull your kid from school rather than have them near a kid with no mask? I mean that is the most trust the science thing of you to do I believe and you do trust the science I assume?
bailey doing bailey things...telling other posters what they think about something.
Focus on yourself, little guy...you'll be much less miserable.

Reactions: Bill4411

The same thing just happened in Illinois. So I am really wondering what Mark or Bowlmania thinks about this. I assume they would be beyond upset to say the least. Bowlmania I assume you would pull your kid from school rather than have them near a kid with no mask? I mean that is the most trust the science thing of you to do. Unless of course you are all talk?
Would you please stop trying to blatantly pick a fight with other posters? Jesus.

I think it's dumb. It will just lead to more kids getting covid and taking it back to their house. Plus, it will lead to kids of anti-mask parents bullying kids that are wearing masks, which is what was happening to my kids before the schools mandated masks in the first place. Likely because kids of people like Bailey are just as bad as their parents.

I think it's dumb. It will just lead to more kids getting covid and taking it back to their house. Plus, it will lead to kids of anti-mask parents bullying kids that are wearing masks, which is what was happening to my kids before the schools mandated masks in the first place. Likely because kids of people like Bailey are just as bad as their parents.
There is zero chance my kid will be at a school that requires masks next school year. Zero. Vaccinated and done. The mask bullshit needs to end

Last edited:
I really don't think masks are the answer but have to ask. Are your kids as bothered by masks as you seem to be?

My wife teaches 6th grade here in Illinois and said the kids in her class have little to no issues wearing one. It's always the parents making a big deal.

My son played an entire year of high school basketball with one on. This was 2 years ago when officials enforced wearing them. Again no issues.

Just today our district went mask optional My daughter is a high school sophomore. She does not plan to wear one all the time, but did say she has 2 teachers that have health issues. On her own she said she would wear her mask in their class out of respect.

I was proud of her ability to show empathy and "read the room" so to speak.

There is zero chance my kid will be at a school that requires masks next school year. Zero. Vaccinated and done. The mask bullshit needs to end
Seems like a weird hill to die on. At worst, it's an inconvenience. I'd prefer that we do away with mask wearing forever, but if the requirement is still in place my kids can deal with it.

My 8 year old doesn't have to wear a mask at school, but has to wear one on the bus and at the sitters.

It doesn't bother her in the least. She actually forgets she is wearing it half the time when I pick her up and she gets in the car because she always wants to leave one at the sitters so she has one there.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01 and Ohio Guy

You would move if your school requires masks? lol

The bullshit that needs to end is people that think they're too good to take simple precautions that are nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

I really don't think masks are the answer but have to ask. Are your kids as bothered by masks as you seem to be?

My wife teaches 6th grade here in Illinois and said the kids in her class have little to no issues wearing one. It's always the parents making a big deal.

My son played an entire year of high school basketball with one on. This was 2 years ago when officials enforced wearing them. Again no issues.

Just today our district went mask optional My daughter is a high school sophomore. She does not plan to wear one all the time, but did say she has 2 teachers that have health issues. On her own she said she would wear her mask in their class out of respect.

I was proud of her ability to show empathy and "read the room" so to speak.
Wasn't bothered until this year and had her first full meltdown last week. Completely over masks. 5th grader. Completely over all of it - the fun is being sucked right out of school with the distancing, restrictions, masks, etc. The bullshit needs to end.

As for me I wear masks when I go into stores. At best 20 minutes a day. No biggie at all.

As for me I wear masks when I go into stores. At best 20 minutes a day. No biggie at all.
Only at work or where otherwise required (hell, the orthodontist isn't even requiring them anymore). B/c I don't wear a mask in the grocery, Lowe's, wherever, my daughter is convinced I'm a Trumper. Which is hilarious to me.

She also nearly caught the microwave and cabinets on fire by trying to microwave frozen french fries. So there's that.

Reactions: TommyCracker
You would move if your school requires masks? lol

The bullshit that needs to end is people that think they're too good to take simple precautions that are nothing more than a minor inconvenience.
LMAO what a f*cking moron you are - ever heard of private schools? Catholic schools? 8 hours a day on a 5th grader is hardly a minor convenience with no end in sight.

Seems like a weird hill to die on. At worst, it's an inconvenience. I'd prefer that we do away with mask wearing forever, but if the requirement is still in place my kids can deal with it.
Having your kid be able to interact normally and not behind a mask; having to wear masks during lunch and limit interaction there; not being able to interact with the kids from other classes is absurd. Kids are never a weird hill to die on. The Euro CDC doesn't even recommend them for kids under 12 yet we're mandating them.

Last edited:
Wasn't bothered until this year and had her first full meltdown last week. Completely over masks. 5th grader. Completely over all of it - the fun is being sucked right out of school with the distancing, restrictions, masks, etc. The bullshit needs to end.

I have heard about an increase in mental health issues in kids but again no real increase in people we know.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Grades 5-8 are hard years for girls without any other outside issues. Hormones, girl drama, clicks etc. Seems to get better in high school.

I have heard about an increase in mental health issues in kids but again no real increase in people we know.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Grades 5-8 are hard years for girls without any other outside issues. Hormones, girl drama, clicks etc. Seems to get better in high school.
Yeah the deleterious impact of all of this on kids is well documented. Thank you

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Only at work or where otherwise required (hell, the orthodontist isn't even requiring them anymore). B/c I don't wear a mask in the grocery, Lowe's, wherever, my daughter is convinced I'm a Trumper. Which is hilarious to me.

She also nearly caught the microwave and cabinets on fire by trying to microwave frozen french fries. So there's that.
Euro CDC doesn't even recommend them for kids under 12 yet we have schools mandating them. Stupid. These kids are vaccinated. They wear the same dirty mask; wear it wrongly; don't have the proper masks to begin with - it's more political signaling bullshit at this point for the vapid Hickory heads of the world.

Last edited:
Yeah the deleterious impact of all of this on kids is well documented. Thank you
In Illinois it really is silly for high school basketball. Proper mask wearing is no longer enforced yet most games you have 10 kids wearing chin diapers.

My buddy coaches high school ball and remarked that most kids have been wearing them for 3 years now. He half jokes that some kids will feel "off" not having a mask dangling from their face.

Euro CDC doesn't even recommend them for kids under 12 yet we have schools mandating them. Stupid. These kids are vaccinated. They wear the same dirty mask; wear it wrongly; don't have the proper masks to begin with - it's more political signaling bullshit at this point for the vapid hickory heads of the world.
I suspect this semester is the last for masks in schools. My daughter wears it to school but there is a lot of chin diapering going on. Plus, there is no masking during sports for either the kids or parents.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
In Illinois it really is silly for high school basketball. Proper mask wearing is no longer enforced yet most games you have 10 kids wearing chin diapers.

My buddy coaches high school ball and remarked that most kids have been wearing them for 3 years now. He half jokes that some kids will feel "off" not having a mask dangling from their face.
It's so stupid. My buddy's kid is on a team in southern Ill. He posts pics with all the kids doing exactly what you write - chin diapers

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
He half jokes that some kids will feel "off" not having a mask dangling from their face.
The new Rip Hamilton

rip-hamilton

- the fun is being sucked right out of school with the distancing, restrictions, masks, etc.
LMAO what a f*cking moron you are - ever heard of private schools? Catholic schools? 8 hours a day on a 5th grader is hardly a minor convenience with no end in sight.

You obviously didn't attend a Catholic grade school. School sucks the fun out of school.
And Nuns made it damn near a vacuum.

Admittingly I don't watch many high school games but every time I watch any basketball game anywhere all I see coaches pulling their masks down and yelling and that's the time they need them most.

More mask insanity. Nothing like a far left wing city like Minneapolis destroying its own businesses and driving all of the foot traffice to the suburbs. There were already enough reasons to not go into Minneapolis so they decided to add one more. What idiots.

Restaurant owners: Vaccine-or-test mandate means night and day difference in Twin Cities v. suburb business - KSTP.com Eyewitness News
Some restaurant owners who have businesses in the Twin Cities and the suburbs said they’re seeing night and day differences in foot traffic — and that the vaccine-or-test mandate is to blame.

“Unfortunately when the vaccine-or-test mandate went into effect we saw a 30% drop in our Minneapolis locations overnight,” Luke Derheim, Craft and Crew Hospitality co-owner, said.

Derheim said navigating a drop in customers and sales has become second nature in the pandemic.

“It seems like every single week there’s something new,” he said.

The hospitality group owns two restaurants in Minneapolis and the rest are in the western suburbs.

He said foot traffic is steady in Craft and Crew businesses outside the Twin Cities and at “The Block” in St. Louis Park there’s an increase.

“I think a lot of people want to come to St. Louis Park, Minnetonka and Hopkins because there’s less regulation if they’re vaccinated or not,” Derheim said.

Bunny’s Bar and Grill is seeing a similar trend.

“With the mandate especially, business is down anywhere between 30-40%,” Jason Rackner, Bunny’s Bar and Grill assistant general manager, said.

Having your kid be able to interact normally and not behind a mask; having to wear masks during lunch and limit interaction there; not being able to interact with the kids from other classes is absurd. Kids are never a weird hill to die on. The Euro CDC doesn't even recommend them for kids under 12 yet we're mandating them.
Not being concerned about mask wearing doesn't mean I don't advocate for my kids.

Again, all things being equal, I don't want them mandated, but for the most part my kids are interacting normally with other kids. Both kids are in sports. My kids are fairly social and see their friends in and out of school regularly. Mask wearing is very low on my kids' list of things to gripe about it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I think the neck gaiter "mask" is the greatest thing ever at hiding an every encroaching double chin.

I mean, that's what I've heard.
This whole debate would have been drastically different if someone in his inner circle could have convinced Trump that was the case.

Not being concerned about mask wearing doesn't mean I don't advocate for my kids.

Again, all things being equal, I don't want them mandated, but for the most part my kids are interacting normally with other kids. Both kids are in sports. My kids are fairly social and see their friends in and out of school regularly. Mask wearing is very low on my kids' list of things to gripe about it.
Yes having kids cover their faces 8 hours a day is perfectly normal....

My kid plays sports, has sleepovers regularly, and is extremely outgoing. She still doesn't want to wear a mask 8 hours a day into perpetuity - shocking. Probably why you see kids playing sports with their masks around their necks. They don't want to wear masks....

Again Europe doesn't even recommend masks for kids under 12. We're being played at this point....

To quote the gov of NJ: “This is a huge step back to normalcy for our kids.”

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Euro CDC doesn't even recommend them for kids under 12 yet we have schools mandating them. Stupid. These kids are vaccinated. They wear the same dirty mask; wear it wrongly; don't have the proper masks to begin with - it's more political signaling bullshit at this point for the vapid Hickory heads of the world.
I agree on these points as the main purpose of a mask is to stop the air flow that the virus travels on, especially since it takes a few days to show symptoms.

But like the base of the titanic, the system pretty much collapses if people around you don't wear them or wear them wrong.

It's frustrating but it's the reality.

I agree on these points as the main purpose of a mask is to stop the air flow that the virus travels on, especially since it takes a few days to show symptoms.

But like the base of the titanic, the system pretty much collapses if people around you don't wear them or wear them wrong.

It's frustrating but it's the reality.
We are an outlier in the US in making primary school kids wear masks. It's pure politics at this point.

We are an outlier in the US in making primary school kids wear masks. It's pure politics at this point.
But there is logic behind it which is all I ask.

Kids are crazy spreaders of it (well of all illnesses but of Covid). Masks are the only device to help the spread since vaccinating is losing that efficacy and is already freaking parents out in the first place.

Anyway, we're heading to the point of this journey to having vaccine reliance or rolling the dice and hope you get a mild case (which is why I'm opportunistic that Omni can sweep in and quickly get us all to cross that bridge).

And hope all the future variants keep getting milder.

I still think/hope we'll be through the looking glass by baseball season when things will get dialed back.

We'll see.

But there is logic behind it which is all I ask.

Kids are crazy spreaders of it (well of all illnesses but of Covid). Masks are the only device to help the spread since vaccinating is losing that efficacy and is already freaking parents out in the first place.

Anyway, we're heading to the point of this journey to having vaccine reliance or rolling the dice and hope you get a mild case (which is why I'm opportunistic that Omni can sweep in and quickly get us all to cross that bridge).

And hope all the future variants keep getting milder.

I still think/hope we'll be through the looking glass by baseball season when things will get dialed back.

We'll see.
I'm vaxxed and over all of it. The school mandates are just political nonsense. Catholic schools have been optional the whole time. They never did remote learning. The public lib schools with mandates are pure political posturing at this point. Again the euro CDC doesn't even recommend them for primary kids, yet here we mandate.... it's nonsense.

Kids have a greater chance of drowning or dying from the flu than Covid. Covid has never been a material risk to kids. And now parents are vaxxed. It's just far left bs to have masks in schools at this point. Pure politics and nothing more.

Last edited:

Omicron infection numbers are dropping like a stone and I’ve heard several epidemiologists say recently that school masks requirements can be dropped. And soon a lot governors are going to lift the requirement for indoor masking for everyone. Covid might finally be ending.

Reactions: UncleMark
Omicron infection numbers are dropping like a stone and I’ve heard several epidemiologists say recently that school masks requirements can be dropped. And soon a lot governors are going to lift the requirement for indoor masking for everyone. Covid might finally be ending.
School masks are virtue-signaling. Period. Kids have always been safe. More die from drowning and the flu than Covid. It's pure political bs. An argument could be made that they protect adults from catching it from kids. But we've had vaccines now for some time yet we still make kids wear masks. There's no logic to it. Only far left liberals adhere to it at this point, and pretend it's no big deal putting a kid in a mask 8 hours a day when there's absolutely nothing normal or okay about it if it's no longer necessary

From NY MAG

The kids are safe. They always have been.

It may sound strange, given a year of panic over school closures and reopenings, a year of masking toddlers and closing playgrounds and huddling in pandemic pods, that, according to the CDC, among children the mortality risk from COVID-19 is actually lower than from the flu. The risk of severe disease or hospitalization is about the same.

This is true for the much-worried-over Delta variant. It is also true for all the other variants, and for the original strain. Most remarkably, it has been known to be true since the very earliest days of the pandemic — indeed it was among the very first things we did know about the disease. The preliminary mortality data from China was very clear: To children, COVID-19 represented only a vanishingly tiny threat of death, hospitalization, or severe disease.

Last edited:
We're stumbling toward the finish line. There will be a number of skinned knees and bruised egos, but the end is in sight.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Jesus Christ give this up. Kids never needed them. You want to wear masks forever?

Edit: follow the science like dem politicians do. Do as I say not as I do. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT