ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing on here about Trudeau declaring martial law?

I think you meant "without" in your typo. Yes for sure re freezing vs. seizing. Agreed.
No, it wasn't a typo. I don't think government should seize property if the owner didn't know it was used for a crime. Go after the perpetrator for some form of conversion, but don't take property from an innocent owner.

I could make an exception for negligence.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I think you meant "without" in your typo. Yes for sure re freezing vs. seizing. Agreed.
Goat said what I was trying to say much more concisely and succinctly than I did.

So at my annual WC review, posting more succinctly will definitely go on my developmental needs with an action plan. Lol

You're also right, it's a mess, but there's got to be some kind of common sense, rule base solution.

In the case of the summer of love, I think if you can find a link to the funding of criminal behavior attached to damages by that criminal behavior...along with the knowing will, then I think that could get murky.

The issue with the summer of love was it was difficult to draw a direct line to the organization of the bad guys.

Because BLM will say that they don't support burning things to the ground, they support voicing a protest to instigate change.

Add to it the cause of the summer of love was not driven by BLM. It was a reaction to an event.

With or without BLM as an organization, riots were gonna happen (like they have pretty much every ten to twenty years).

This trucker thing is much more straight forward....like a union strike.

Except instead of striking (the refusal to work) they are kidnapping via blockaids from their machinery.

But you're correct, it's a slippery slope.

Goat said what I was trying to say much more concisely and succinctly than I did.

So at my annual WC review, posting more succinctly will definitely go on my developmental needs with an action plan. Lol

You're also right, it's a mess, but there's got to be some kind of common sense, rule base solution.

In the case of the summer of love, I think if you can find a link to the funding of criminal behavior attached to damages by that criminal behavior...along with the knowing will, then I think that could get murky.

The issue with the summer of love was it was difficult to draw a direct line to the organization of the bad guys.

Because BLM will say that they don't support burning things to the ground, they support voicing a protest to instigate change.

Add to it the cause of the summer of love was not driven by BLM. It was a reaction to an event.

With or without BLM as an organization, riots were gonna happen (like they have pretty much every ten to twenty years).

Except instead of striking (the refusal to work) they are kidnapping via blockaids from their machinery.

I hear ya. We just need gov officials to do their jobs and not subjugate their duties because they support the cause etc. BLM needed strict time/place restrictions and if they were violated arrest them. And if local law enforcement lacks adequate staffing for same bring in the Guard. Whatever. The second these truckers started blocking traffic start dragging them out of the trucks and arresting them.

Think how horrible all of these people are - BLM protested during the throes of a pandemic. These truckers during the throes of inflation and supply chain issues. F off. Follow the rules or go to jail

Reactions: TommyCracker

Conversations like this make Canadiens roll their eyes and shake their heads. They are Canadians, not Americans. Yet we judge them through American lenses. They will remind us there's been no gun violence and we should STFU.

Conversations like this make Canadiens roll their eyes and shake their heads. They are Canadians, not Americans. Yet we judge them through American lenses. They will remind us there's been no gun violence and we should STFU.
Those Canadians would have a good point. However, for my part, let me make clear that my opinions on property seizure are not rooted in American law, and rather stem only from my own personal theories on good government.

True, we definitely are discussing this as if it was in our country with our laws.

I got a laugh out of the story that cosmic posted about a defendant telling the judge he was protesting to protect his first amendment rights.

The Canadian judge basically came back with.... 'what the f is that?'

Lol

Reactions: UncleMark
I got a laugh out of the story that cosmic posted about a defendant telling the judge he was protesting to protect his first amendment rights.

The Canadian judge basically came back with.... 'what the f is that?'

They hate getting so much US TV.

Are you sure about that? Because at-right news is currently supportive of Russia invading a free and democratic country.

F#$ker Carlson recently just started brainwashing/gaslightung that the Ukraine isn’t 'really' a democratic country, it's 'really' a dictatorship.

Okay F#$ker.

Wonder if his pro Russia stance the last couple of weeks hasn't been connecting as much as he thought so what to do, oh yeah easy, lie about it because one thing has been proven, his audience will take it like pigs to the slop.
Do you ever actually listen to his rationale, or do you just mouth the leftist line?

He gives examples of non-democratic actions taken in Ukraine. I don't happen to agree with him - no democracy is perfect. But at least he gives reasons, unlike you leftists who like to destroy the messenger.

About the same as the punishment Trump got for separating children from their parents at the border, pretending the pandemic wasn't serious and bullying people on Twitter
Well, he used Obama's cages, so.....

How would you have felt if this would have been done to the tens of millions in BLM fundraising over the summer of love. Would you have liked our gov freezing that money to pay business losses and diminution?
I posted the video which explained what the Conservative Govt of Ontario (not Trudeau) was doing and their rationale. These measures have nothing to do with Trudeau's emergency degree, which the video clearly states...

I didn't say I approved, but on the surface I probably do. It's strange I'm the supposed leftist, but I wasn't aware of any crowdsourcing that was done to fund BLM protests. I was never asked to contribute to any, and I'm not aware of BLM protests being some sort of fund raising grift where people got rich by promoting it. So it's strange that you say I'd be upset if BLM protestors had been treated this way, since the video specifically mentions that it is funds that were raised for the leaders which are being frozen...

For a lawyer, you sure do engage in a great deal of false equivalency. You took me to task for pointing out Candace Owen's ridiculous grift over trying to raise funds (from sympathetic idiots) by dismissing Russian atrocities and claiming that the US should send troops to overthrow Trudeau.

That wasn't an attack on any board member, but rather an ignorant grifter who really doesn't believe what she says. Yet you attacked me and accused me of hypocrisy, when I'm posting on a board which is full of hypocrites. Again the reason for MY post was that Candace Owens is lamely trying to equate unarmed Canadian police walking back and arresting protestors with what we know will happen when Russian troops invade Ukraine.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I imagine they’ll be just fine without you. Do you know that almost 90% of Canadian truckers are vaxxed and angry at these guys?
Do you know that?
I missed the broadcast and/or publication of that statistic...

Kos?
Young Turks?
Rachel Mandow?

Reactions: DANC
I posted the video which explained what the Conservative Govt of Ontario (not Trudeau) was doing and their rationale. These measures have nothing to do with Trudeau's emergency degree, which the video clearly states...

I didn't say I approved, but on the surface I probably do. It's strange I'm the supposed leftist, but I wasn't aware of any crowdsourcing that was done to fund BLM protests. I was never asked to contribute to any, and I'm not aware of BLM protests being some sort of fund raising grift where people got rich by promoting it. So it's strange that you say I'd be upset if BLM protestors had been treated this way, since the video specifically mentions that it is funds that were raised for the leaders which are being frozen...

For a lawyer, you sure do engage in a great deal of false equivalency. You took me to task for pointing out Candace Owen's ridiculous grift over trying to raise funds (from sympathetic idiots) by dismissing Russian atrocities and claiming that the US should send troops to overthrow Trudeau.

That wasn't an attack on any board member, but rather an ignorant grifter who really doesn't believe what she says. Yet you attacked me and accused me of hypocrisy, when I'm posting on a board which is full of hypocrites. Again the reason for MY post was that Candace Owens is lamely trying to equate unarmed Canadian police walking back and arresting protestors with what we know will happen when Russian troops invade Ukraine.
That's because all your "sources" are far left bullshit. BLM is nothing but a massive financial scam that bilked donors to the tune of a hundred million.

Your feed has taken over your brain

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? Because at-right news is currently supportive of Russia invading a free and democratic country.

F#$ker Carlson recently just started brainwashing/gaslightung that the Ukraine isn’t 'really' a democratic country, it's 'really' a dictatorship.

Okay F#$ker.

Wonder if his pro Russia stance the last couple of weeks hasn't been connecting as much as he thought so what to do, oh yeah easy, lie about it because one thing has been proven, his audience will take it like pigs to the slop.
What is 'at right news'?

That's because all your "sources" are far left bullshit. BLM is nothing but a massive financial scam that bilked donors to the tune of a hundred million.
That doesn't even make sense. Are you saying that the right wing nuts promoted all the Trucker contribution sites, but all of my leftist sources" (is CTV news leftist?) failed to inform me that there were sources I could contribute to BLM? Kind of hard for me to be upset when their assets are frozen, if I'm not even aware they exist.

It's strange... I've been to a basketball game with Randy (stollcpa), often see Rick (Martian) and his dogs at the Dog Park, and have been on Peegs since the last year or two of the Davis era. Jet who never contributes anything worthwhile started this "bot" nonsense, while totally ignoring the nonsense posted by Mas, who is basically just reproducing screeds from every pro-Fascist, anti-Semitic Stormfront-like website out there. And now Mas thinks it's clever to join in labelling me a bot... Mas doesn't just admire Nazis, he delights in using their tactics...
My complaint is all the dirt and junk lying around here in your pointy head..

Living rent-free, I understand.....

But, C'mon man...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
That doesn't even make sense. Are you saying that the right wing nuts promoted all the Trucker contribution sites, but all of my leftist sources" (is CTV news leftist?) failed to inform me that there were sources I could contribute to BLM? Kind of hard for me to be upset when their assets are frozen, if I'm not even aware they exist.
You keep saying right wing nuts. Wtf are you. A far left brainwashed nut.

You said you aren't aware of BLM protests being some sort of fundraising grift. It wasn't a "grift" because it was a 100 mil. Way too large for the definition of grift. Of course it was a fundraising scam by activists. Do you have Google or only Republicans R Evil?

• Haha
Do you know that?
I missed the broadcast and/or publication of that statistic...

Kos?
Young Turks?
Rachel Mandow?
The CTA estimates are 85%
"Who makes up the Canadian Trucking Alliance?

The Canadian Trucking Alliance is a federation of provincial trucking associations. It represents a broad cross-section of the trucking industry—some 4,500 carriers, owner-operators, and industry suppliers."

I'd say the US media sources are relying on that. The CTA also disapproved of the "freedom convoys" and issued a statement on the invoking of the Emergencies Act

Were any of the folks protesting in Ottawa CTA members? I don't know, possibly. From the Feb 7 issue of Logistics Management...Seems like things were proceeding pretty smoothly, until a disgruntled minority decided their rights exceeded everyone else's...

"The Canadian Trucking Alliance has estimated that 85% of Canada’s 120,000 truckers were vaccinated. Earlier, Canadian truck drivers and other “essential” workers had been exempt from Canada’s two-week quarantine for unvaccinated travelers crossing between the two countries.

But Canada Transport Minister Omar Alghabra said the new vaccine mandate targeting truckers crossing the U.S.-Canada border has had little impact on the number of trailers entering the country to deliver goods.

“So far there is no sign whatsoever that the mandate has had an impact on the volume of trucks crossing the borders,” Mr. Alghabra said at a press conference. “That does not mean that there aren’t any supply-chain disruptions; it does not mean that there aren’t any challenges out there; and it doesn’t mean that people aren’t finding enough truckers to carry their load.”

His assessment showed about 100,000 trucks entered Canada in the seven days after the mandate began Jan. 15. That is roughly the same as previous levels, according to Statistics Canada.

Last November, nearly 400,000 Canadian trucks re-entered the country from the U.S., according to Statistics Canada. That same agency said about 65,000 U.S. trucks crossed into Canada that month.

According to U.S. trade data, two-way trade between the U.S. and Canada totaled more than $600 billion in 2019, the last full year for which data were available. About 80% of those goods go by truck, officials estimate.

On Jan. 15, Canada began requiring U.S. and other non-Canadian truckers to be fully vaccinated to gain entry into the country. On Jan. 22, the U.S. imposed a similar requirement. That effectively bars unvaccinated Canadian truck drivers from hauling goods across the border for delivery in this country."

The Canadian Ministry of Transport and Ministry of Public Safety has emphasized that drivers of all vehicles—including heavy trucks—“will have to show proof of vaccination to be able to go into Canada, whether they are an essential worker or not.”

Canadian truck drivers who opt to go without being vaccinated will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon returning to Canada, the ministries said.

What American trucking officials fear is that U.S.-based carriers, faced with heavy freight demands domestically, will eschew trips into Canada because they don’t have enough drivers to handle cross-border moves.

A

You said you aren't aware of BLM protests being some sort of fundraising grift. It wasn't a "grift" because it was a 100 mil. Way too large for the definition of grift. Of course it was a fundraising scam by activists. Do you have Google or only Republicans R Evil?
I said no one contacted me, and according to you I'm a "leftist"... How come I get two or three texts/day from every right wing grifter based on filling out an on line form to say I disapproved of Trump, but I hear from move on maybe 1 time every six months, if that. The left must be really bad at grifting compared to the right...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
I said no one contacted me, and according to you I'm a "leftist"... How come I get two or three texts/day from every right wing grifter based on filling out an on line form to say I disapproved of Trump, but I hear from move on maybe 1 time every six months, if that. The left must be really bad at grifting compared to the right...
Based on the bs you post on here your feed is f*cked. I NEVER get anything from right wing groups. It's because you look Q shit up all day stupid. No the left isn't bad. Look up BLM Calif Doj; Amazon shutting their charity contributions down.

But why would you know this when you have tunnel vision...

You keep saying right wing nuts. Wtf are you. A far left brainwashed nut.
Again I'm attacking far right media, not people on this board. And you're attacking me. You always attack me, but never Mas. I guess that means in your book someone you disagree with politically is more of a problem than someone you (hopefully) disagree with on things like Fascism and anti-Semitism...Strange...

• Haha
Again I'm attacking far right media, not people on this board. And you're attacking me. You always attack me, but never Mas. I guess that means in your book someone you disagree with politically is more of a problem than someone you (hopefully) disagree with on things like Fascism and anti-Semitism...Strange...
I think you're equally insane. You post highly partisan dissertations that evidence extreme tunnel vision. Mas' posts are usually short and entertaining, tho I agree with nothing he writes. Mas wins

Why bother? He's a slightly less crazy mas/danc that actually thinks he's a moderate.

• Haha
Why bother? He's a slightly less crazy mas/danc that actually thinks he's a moderate.
If anyone respectable started liking his posts attacking me, I'd worry he might be on to something. But so far that hasn't happened...

I didn't post in this thread (below). But the hypocrisy of people who championed DeSantis trying to arrest more than 3 people protesting with his "new riot law" and are now simultaneously accusing the Canadian authorities of being tyrants for freezing bank accounts seems pretty thick...

If anyone respectable started liking his posts attacking me, I'd worry he might be on to something. But so far that hasn't happened...

I didn't post in this thread (below). But the hypocrisy of people who championed DeSantis trying to arrest more than 3 people protesting with his "new riot law" and are now simultaneously accusing the Canadian authorities of being tyrants for freezing bank accounts seems pretty thick...

Lmao what a clown you are. Hypocrisy? Really?? What a ****ing joke. You approve of their bank accounts being frozen. Really. Yet you were supporting protestors trespassing in a totally PRIVATE neighborhood during BLM. LMAO you partisan dolt. Trespassing in a PRIVATE neighborhood trying to get to a mayor's house who had her husband murdered in a carjacking in front of it. During riots where over 2,000 cops were hurt. And you have the temerity to write hypocrisy. You and Hickory. Dual airbags. Cosmicbot.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DANC and Indianaftw

Yup. I wonder if Desantis knew his law wouldn't see the light of day so did it for political points to pander to his base.

I find it really hard to believe that someone as wracked with guilt as you never donated to BLM. And their assets are frozen because BLM the charity organization is as much of a scam as Trump university. They’re no longer even on Amazons charity platform.

I think you're equally insane. You post highly partisan dissertations that evidence extreme tunnel vision. Mas' posts are usually short and entertaining, tho I agree with nothing he writes. Mas wins

You are easily entertained.
Although I shouldn't talk, I think the same of Lucy's posts.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I find it really hard to believe that someone as wracked with guilt as you never donated to BLM. And their assets are frozen because BLM the charity organization is as much of a scam as Trump university. They’re no longer even on Amazons charity platform.

Why don't you leave your assumptions to yourself.

• Haha
And I've never posted on here complaining about them being frozen, right? Which kind of debunks his BS point in the first place...

"How would you have felt if this would have been done to the tens of millions in BLM fundraising over the summer of love. Would you have liked our gov freezing that money to pay business losses and diminution?"

But here is the topper- his post attacking me... and as I pointed out who liked it...

Lmao what a clown you are. Hypocrisy? Really?? What a ****ing joke. You approve of their bank accounts being frozen. Really. Yet you were supporting protestors trespassing in a totally PRIVATE neighborhood during BLM. LMAO you partisan dolt. Trespassing in a PRIVATE neighborhood trying to get to a mayor's house who had her husband murdered in a carjacking in front of it. During riots where over 2,000 cops were hurt. And you have the temerity to write hypocrisy. You and Hickory. Dual airbags. Cosmicbot.

Last edited: 43 minutes ago
Reactions:Indianaftw

See I committed the unpardonable sin of disagreeing with him over the McCloskey situation, and based that on what people in the neighborhood said, both about their personal view of the people marching by their houses on a single day (NOT 3 weeks continuously), and what some of those people said they felt about how the McCloskey's had been arrogant pricks and horrible neighbors before any BLM protests...In his book that makes me worse than Mas who has continually spewed anti-Semitic garbage straight from various pro-Fascist websites...

And I've never posted on here complaining about them being frozen, right? Which kind of debunks his BS point in the first place...

"How would you have felt if this would have been done to the tens of millions in BLM fundraising over the summer of love. Would you have liked our gov freezing that money to pay business losses and diminution?"

But here is the topper- his post attacking me... and as I pointed out who liked it...

Last edited: 43 minutes ago
Reactions:Indianaftw

See I committed the unpardonable sin of disagreeing with him over the McCloskey situation, and based that on what people in the neighborhood said, both about their personal view of the people marching by their houses on a single day (NOT 3 weeks continuously), and what some of those people said they felt about how the McCloskey's had been arrogant pricks and horrible neighbors before any BLM protests...In his book that makes me worse than Mas who has continually spewed anti-Semitic garbage straight from various pro-Fascist websites...
No. Every single thing you posted from your worthless partisan sites was wrong. You take it as gospel and it was all wrong. But you believe it; because it's congruent with your hyper partisan beliefs, despite those possessing personal knowledge telling you and showing you otherwise. The unpardonable sin is being the unrelenting political hypocrite that you are with your endless bot posts. Link, link. Link to stupid, partisan sites. You are a far left wingnut who has been co-opted by propaganda sites. Your hypocrisy in the truckers vis-à-vis BLM is typical.

He would have no idea that Amazon did that to BLM or anything about their 60 mil they haven't produced financials on etc. What he was posting about BLM was 100 percent wrong re the McCloskeys. From the lawyers representing them to the neighborhood being private. He still doesn't really understand the latter. As for BLM and financials, his "news" would never cover such things. He's still posting about Q shit. The guy is totally ate up and the living embodiment of what's wrong with this country with jerseys and tunnel vision. No wonder the parties can't work together.

The video says the govt will now have to justify their declaration of, and use of, emergency powers. So....what happens if they don't? Is Trudeau going to be arrested? Sued personally for theft? Maybe treble damages and attorney fees? What personal loss has Biden felt by intentionally over-stepping his authority on the vaccine mandates? For not enforcing the immigration laws?
Parliament has voted to support the measures, with the far right and Quebec Nationalists voting against. Since Canada just held elections within the past year, it's hard to argue that the protestors represent anything but a loud, vocal minority... This article about bail being denied for Tamara Lich mentions the fact that she's an organizing proponent of secessionist movements and advocates for Independence for Western Canada. So (imho) the lunatic fringe...

Actually I'm surprised that this recent dissent has emerged, because by and large Canada has done such a better job of handling the pandemic than the US. They have a much higher vaccine rate, far less cases and deaths, and it would seem the recently concluded elections were a referendum on Trudeau's Admin. The Libs won 160 seats and fell short of the 170 needed for a majority, but that was still more than the 119 the Conservatives won. It's a confusing system (parliamentary), but the reality is that Trudeau was able to form a coalition Govt because parties that were willing to align with him got votes and won seats...

As to Biden overstepping his authority, that ruling if it comes is likely more a result of Trump being able to appoint 3 people o the SCOTUS, than any type of consensus view. Just read today that the SCOTUS has denied an anti-vaccine mandate claim from health care workers in Maine on religious grounds for the second time. That would indicate that even the Cons on the SCOTUS aren't opposed to mandates as "unconstitutional", but rather that Libs and Cons take a dissimilar view over whether mandates are strictly reserved for Governors of states or whether they are powers the Executive office holds as well...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT