ADVERTISEMENT

No discussion on Taiwan?

Do you mean the Trumpsters? ;)
They did not back Obama. They objected just about everything in the Dictionary of Slurs. They called him by every 4-letter words, sometimes 3 and sometimes 6, they could think of.
Trumpsters think for themselves. I heard them say so on PBS tonight. They think in three-word sentences. That's what Hillary missed.

Reactions: meridian
Do you mean the Trumpsters? ;)
They did not back Obama. They objected just about everything in the Dictionary of Slurs. They called him by every 4-letter words, sometimes 3 and sometimes 6, they could think of.
WOW:confused:

I don't watch Fox News at all and I don't buy any hype. So much for your powers of inference.

The equation here is simple, sglow. China has its panties in a bunch about jackshit and that jackshit came out of China's own asshole. The solution for China is to peel their panties off and wipe.

The wipes also work for tears and boogers. They better use them because it's pretty clear they're in for some tough talks and crybabying won't work.

Maybe you should tell that to State -- I bet they will be thinking '.... jeez, why didnt we think of that!' The China-Taiwan problem solved. You are too smart to be working where you are.

Reactions: Lucy01
Yup. Screw diplomacy. Screw what anyone that knows anything about our country has thought for the last 50 years. You know Trump and his cronies have studied the issues judiciously. You all that are making excuses for his reckless behavior will still be making excuses for him and his maverick style as his wrecks the economy, the environment, diplomatic relationships, etc. Cause you wanted an outsider. Make sure you get a plumber when you need surgery. Cause that's what we've got here.
When all the plumbing gets stopped up, It takes a plumber to get things flowing again! Maybe Zeke you can hang out with Madonna she is melting down two.

Did I say Seattle?
Seattle has some 600,000+ population, and packed. It is not going to grow much from there unless you want to live in a boat. And some people do as shown in the movie "Sleepless In Seattle." While the area is expanding rapidly, the growth is from the surrounding satellite cities/towns. And that's where I live.:)

You list Seattle as your location. We have good friends on Whidbey Island and visit often. I love it there--in the Summer. Are you close by?

Maybe you should tell that to State -- I bet they will be thinking '.... jeez, why didnt we think of that!' The China-Taiwan problem solved. You are too smart to be working where you are.
Maybe you should spend less time being a snark-infested cesspool and more time having fun speculating on why Trump does what he does. Not only would you miraculously spew less venom, but you'd probably also enjoy your life more. I don't need to tell it to State. Trump's busy tweeting that. Question is, are the State people quick studies?

Also, spend less time trying to defend the indefensible -- a totalitarian state.

You list Seattle as your location. We have good friends on Whidbey Island and visit often. I love it there--in the Summer. Are you close by?
Most people in the Puget Sound Area list Seattle as their city, just because that is most recognizable. We all live in the metropolitan Seattle area. For instance, if one says s/he is going to a baseball game, s/he usually means Seattle Mariners, not Tacoma whatever (there is a minor-league team). If one says s/he is going to a concert, s/he usually means Seattle Symphony (my wife sang with them once) although there are other regional orchestras such as Tacoma Orchestra, Northwest Synfonietta, Bellevue Philharmonic, Everette Philharmonic, and I believe, Olympia Symphony.

Whidbey is a beautiful island. It's about an hour away plus a ferry ride from us. I used to take my grandchildren there for a ferry ride and playing on the beach, etc. It used to be an annual event, but as they grow up, it is becoming a thing of the past. A few years ago, one of my daughters, who at that time lived in Durham, NC, got married there. Relatives and friends all over the country, so-to-speak, gathered there for the occasion. Come to think of it, it was not so-to-speak since some came from Boston, Florida, Denver, LA, and San Diego; that pretty much covers the 4 corners of the US!

If you are in this area, holler!

Last edited:
Maybe you should spend less time being a snark-infested cesspool and more time having fun speculating on why Trump does what he does. Not only would you miraculously spew less venom, but you'd probably also enjoy your life more. I don't need to tell it to State. Trump's busy tweeting that. Question is, are the State people quick studies?

Also, spend less time trying to defend the indefensible -- a totalitarian state.

No one is trying to defend idea of a totalitarian state. I am just standing up the idea that someone can throw ignorant statements should not expect any push back.

I honestly wait 24 hours before commenting on the latest Trump faux pas, but I guess, just lik enduring the campaign, it's kind of impossible to keep up with. I'm not an expert by any means on the China- Taiwan situation, but it seems to me that it's kind of a big deal that Trump just broke decades of policy by making this phone all. I'm not sure which is more frightening , if he did it on purpose or if he actually didn't know. I'm guessing he didn't know. A reason he should probably be taking his briefings.

Since you were too lazy to read about it, perhaps this will help your lack of understanding

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/what-taiwans-leader-sees-in-donald-trump

Protocol status quo gives us exactly what we currently have in the White House - a wuss foreign policy not willing to take any action except attend meetings and dinners. We just threw those people out. We should never have recognized the Chinese Communist Regime of mass murder as legitimate governors of China.
Don't forget golf .....lots of golf....and vacations....lots of vacations...!

Sorry for such a late reply. I got distracted with other personal things over the weekend. My wife was conducting the city-wide Christmas choir on Sunday. Naturally, I got drafted to help her out. Now that it is over, here is the reply to your over-bloated age-old propaganda.

First, I confirm your accusation in spirit. Unfortunately, your rightwing conspiracy theorists bloated the number way, way up. The accusation was basically correct, and why they have to exaggerate the already evil deeds to such a ridiculous proportion is beyond me, except for satisfying the suckers like you. The number was more like $15 mil, which is huge to begin with.

Before I go on with details, here is where I have trouble with your assertion. These murders were committed primarily during the Mao era, which means before 1970, well, except for the Tinamin Square thing. Today’s China is quite different. In fact, I was a guest lecturer at Wuhan University for a month a few years ago. I did not see any fear or anything like what right-wing conspiracy theorists might be warning against. It looked just like any other capitalist country, except that the people were friendlier. I did not see secret police going around shooting or beating people. Nor did I see any slant-eyeds in black suit following me around.

So, if you wish to compare something, do that within the same reference. Comparing 1950’s China to Taiwan of Year 2016 is not valid, and that’s what you are doing now! If you want to compare China and Russia, do that with Mao against Stalin, not Mao against Putin. In fact, Putin still is a scary guy, much scarier than anybody in the current Chinese government. Yet, you and Trump kiss his ass, but condemn China of 1950s!

Same thing is true of Japan. Japan of the early 20th Century was an evil monster. Today’s Japan is just another capitalist pig, so to speak. Do you condemn today’s Japan as a murderous country? If so, then, you must do England, France, Germany, and almost all powerful European countries. The US is no exception if you bring the treatment blacks, Indians, and, ironically, Chinese of the past received.

OK, now going back to your 60million problem,

Do you realize how big 60 million is? The "purpose" of WWII was to kill as many people as possible and yet managed to kill "only" 60 mil! That included China.

Therefore, I must conclude that the ever-lasting myth of “Mao killed 60 million people” must include natural death, death by famine (you know there were several severe famines in China during that period.) as well as the killings by Chiang Kei Shek. In case you are not aware of, the latter did his part too and pretty well, I might say. Here is what I found from Wiki and other references, not put out by John Birch Society or fundamentalist Christian sects.

Massacre name/ Year/ Number/ By whom/ Victims
Shanghai Massacre 1927 350 Chang Kai-sheck Communists (followers of Mao)
Kizil Massacre 1933 800 Turkistan Chinese
Nanking Massacre 1937 300,000 Japanese Chinese
Changjiano massacre 1943 30,000 Japanese Chinese
Landlord Classicide 1946 4,500,000 Chines peasants Chines Landlords
Surppression of
Counterrevolutionaries 1951 1,500,000 Mao Counterrevoltionaries, including landlords
Great Leap Forward 1960 4,500,000 Mao
Cultural Revolution 1969-70 Mao Chinese People
Tinanmen Massacre 1989 2,600 Chinese Gov. Protesters
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total 15,853,750

Subtract those done
by Japanese leaves the number down to 15,522,600

Yes, 15 million is a huge number. So, why exaggerate it to 60 mil to make the whole question in doubt?
I really appreciate the community service the spouse conducts and your helpful participation. Congratulations and Merry Christmas.

As to the rest of the post, I'm very pleased you all are community involved, especially at Christmas.
Thank you.

Reactions: meridian
Don't forget golf .....lots of golf....and vacations....lots of vacations...!
How could a guy who plays as much as I do forget golf? Come to think of it, I'd like to play Obama for a reasonable number of chocolate sundaes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT