ADVERTISEMENT

New Yorkers Lining Up for Trump

How is it "dems being dems" when you guys have a guy on stage calling P.R. trash or saying he hung out with a black guy carving watermelon.

Don't want to be associated with that kind of talk, don't do it. Words matter (which keeps being said here), so don't talk like that when all it does is make the left look like they knew what they were talking about.
I don't fully expect it to make a big difference, but today's NY Daily News cover is pretty wild. Even for th cynical, jaded, the 'MSM is out to get Trump folks,' it'd have to be shocking.

Reactions: Bill4411
How is it "dems being dems" when you guys have a guy on stage calling P.R. trash or saying he hung out with a black guy carving watermelon.

Don't want to be associated with that kind of talk, don't do it. Words matter (which keeps being said here), so don't talk like that when all it does is make the left look like they knew what they were talking about.
Nothing, the comedian said was a lie!

I don't fully expect it to make a big difference, but today's NY Daily News cover is pretty wild. Even for th cynical, jaded, the 'MSM is out to get Trump folks,' it'd have to be shocking.

I don't think it's shocking at all. It's completely expected. And I think it's probably right that they'd be running similar stories with or without the comedian's jokes. They were pushing this narrative before the thing even took place.

I just think it was pretty stupid of the comedian guy to hand them this on a silver platter -- assuming that wasn't his intention.

But it's not like the "Trump is a virulent racist and so are all of his voters" thing just sprang up because of this rally.

Reactions: BradStevens
While the Harris campaign pats the literal modern day Nazi’s on the head in Gaza and Lebanon, and continually pleads with Israel to call off the dogs and let Hamas and Hezbollah regenerate and reform……

Does anyone think we should give Alanis Morrisette a call?

Goat is so pissed you beat him to this.
986tbb.jpg

I don't think it's shocking at all. It's completely expected. And I think it's probably right that they'd be running similar stories with or without the comedian's jokes. They were pushing this narrative before the thing even took place.

I just think it was pretty stupid of the comedian guy to hand them this on a silver platter -- assuming that wasn't his intention.

But it's not like the "Trump is a virulent racist and so are all of his voters" thing just sprang up because of this rally.
I guess what I was getting at was that given the environment where people were calling Trump and his proxies racist and xenophobic, someone at one of his biggest and high profile rallies a week before the election actually said some racist and xenophobic stuff is pretty wild.

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't say that it's a good thing, if you're Trump (or supporting Trump).

But I also think it comes up extremely short from being a QED about the event being a Nazi rally. That's like "basket of deplorables" on steroids. And what's interesting is that most Dem analysts, strategists, talking heads, etc. said after the 2016 that Hillary's slam of Trump supporters (or some large part of his supporters) was not helpful for her.

A standard maxim in politics is that, you can slam your opponent all you want, but stop short of doing it to their voters....who are the fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, coworkers, neighbors of everybody else.

I never bought into the Trump is a nazi or they were trying to create a national rally, but he pissed off some pretty influential people like Jennifer Lopez, Bad Bunny, ect. Nothing good can come out of pissing them off for no apparent reason.

Harris is out there doing rallies with Eninem who regularly calls gay people ******s, wishing them dead, and murders his wife and gf in his music. Yet you're worried about a joke a comedian made that no one on team Trump had any clue he would make and was booed by the Trump crowd. Weird.

Harris is out there doing rallies with Eninem who regularly calls gay people ******s, wishing them dead, and murders his wife and gf in his music. Yet you're worried about a joke a comedian made that no one on team Trump had any clue he would make and was booed by the Trump crowd. Weird.
Eminem hasn’t called a gay person a f@ggot in two decades.

He’s way too self-aware these days. Which is why his music sucks.

This is pretty weak, even for you.

And it was a Trump rally. If the Trump campaign people are letting people go on stage and say whatever the hell they want without their knowing, they're even bigger morons than I thought they were.

You are reading too much into it. Nobody gives a crap about that comedian who most people never heard of.

The story of MSG is not his jokes, except if you are a Kamala voter because otherwise you got nuthin’.
And this is why we call you Mr. 100, because you're always correct.

I guess what I was getting at was that given the environment where people were calling Trump and his proxies racist and xenophobic, someone at one of his biggest and high profile rallies a week before the election actually said some racist and xenophobic stuff is pretty wild.
Oh, I agree. Feeding the narrative is a mistake.

I'm just saying that the narrative would be going ahead with or without it. That was my point about it already having started up before the rally even took place. Hillary's "Nazi" comment was made on Wednesday, I believe (as an example).

I'm not sure where you're going with this. Since the MSM was going to 'report racist no matter what,' then they should have gone all in?
That's certainly not what I mean by it.

I mean that it wouldn't have made a difference in the narrative if the comedian hadn't have said what he said. It just handed them a better platform upon which to stage it.

He shouldn't have said what he said. But it's an article of faith on the left that that the right is filled with racists -- and that existed long before Trump was around.

Oh, I agree. Feeding the narrative is a mistake.

I'm just saying that the narrative would be going ahead with or without it. That was my point about it already having started up before the rally even took place. Hillary's "Nazi" comment was made on Wednesday, I believe (as an example).
In many ways, comments by Hillary and Walz are worse because the rally lived down to expectations. It gives people like you a reason to focus your disdain on Dems and the MSM instead of the reprehensible appeal to the worst elements of MAGA.

Pretty wild and - - given the razor-thin/within the margin of error polling in swing states - - pretty fvcking stupid.

Bad Bunny, JLo, Ricky Martin, Lin-Manuel Miranda, with their tens of millions of Instagram followers, have all posted about this.

Could hurt down-ballot races as well. Rick Scott, in a competitive race in Florida, quickly condemned the slurs.

And what a little weasel that nasally Tony Hinchcliffe is. What is he? About 5'6? He'd never make that "joke" in a small club in NYC.

Maybe Trump and his cronies could follow this up with another paper towel toss. Trump hates Puerto Rico.

Last edited:
So specifically not using the word ****** is why his music sucks? You are a simple man
I’m an Eminem fan. His music is just bad these days. Don’t take my word for it. Look at the numbers. No one cares about his new music anymore. Because it’s bad….

That’s because he’s not being an artist anymore.

In many ways, comments by Hillary and Walz are worse because the rally lived down to expectations. It gives people like you a reason to focus your disdain on Dems and the MSM instead of the reprehensible appeal to the worst elements of MAGA.

Well, I've only watched snippets of the rally. No way I'm sitting through that -- especially for 7 hours (is that really how long that thing went on?). But I'm not sure I agree with you that it "lived down to expectations." Are you saying that because of this comedian? If so, then I'm not there with you on it.

Maybe the whole thing was awful and filled with racist harangues. But I haven't seen that in the snippets I've watched -- except in the form of a couple of impolitic jokes.

Anyway, just like the Dems and MSM will always see racism with pretty much anything Republican (unless it's something like Liz Cheney supporting their candidate....in which case it's all forgiven), I'll pretty much always have disdain for them as long as they do that sort of thing instead of engaging the important issues that face us as a society in ways that respect competing opinions.

We don't have much problem doing that here, for the most part -- especially when you ignore all the posters who insist on being "noise." And if we can do it here, I don't know why they have such a hard time doing it on the national stage.

Well, I've only watched snippets of the rally. No way I'm sitting through that -- especially for 7 hours (is that really how long that thing went on?). But I'm not sure I agree with you that it "lived down to expectations." Are you saying that because of this comedian? If so, then I'm not there with you on it.

Maybe the whole thing was awful and filled with racist harangues. But I haven't seen that in the snippets I've watched -- except in the form of a couple of impolitic jokes.

Anyway, just like the Dems and MSM will always see racism with pretty much anything Republican (unless it's something like Liz Cheney supporting their candidate....in which case it's all forgiven), I'll pretty much always have disdain for them as long as they do that sort of thing instead of engaging the important issues that face us as a society in ways that respect competing opinions.

We don't have much problem doing that here, for the most part -- especially when you ignore all the posters who insist on being "noise." And if we can do it here, I don't know why they have such a hard time doing it on the national stage.
It's just a turn of phrase. Point is, this guy appealed to part of Trump's base, and he was put on stage to do just that, and that part of Trump's base, frankly, can accurately be described as racist. But instead of talking about that, you get to talk about Dems and MSM because Clinton and Walz ran their mouths.

I’m an Eminem fan. His music is just bad these days. Don’t take my word for it. Look at the numbers. No one cares about his new music anymore. Because it’s bad….

That’s because he’s not being an artist anymore.
He's also 52 and about to be a grandfather. Might also have something to do with it.

It's just a turn of phrase. Point is, this guy appealed to part of Trump's base, and he was put on stage to do just that, and that part of Trump's base, frankly, can accurately be described as racist. But instead of talking about that, you get to talk about Dems and MSM because Clinton and Walz ran their mouths.
Can part of the Democratic base be described as racist?

Specifically those who regularly rail against “White men”?

I’m not even sure you could classify Hinchcliffe as part of “Trump’s base”.

I think he will vote for Trump this election, as I will, but I was open to any Republican other than Trump during the primary. Even blood soaked Haley.

I’m pretty familiar with his work and MAGA is not the right descriptor for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT