ADVERTISEMENT

New Yorkers Lining Up for Trump

Oh, I agree. Feeding the narrative is a mistake.

I'm just saying that the narrative would be going ahead with or without it. That was my point about it already having started up before the rally even took place. Hillary's "Nazi" comment was made on Wednesday, I believe (as an example).
I think the 'Nazi' thing comes from other reports (reports of Trump wanting generals like Hitler's; Trump talking about sending the military after political opponents, etc), but yeah I agree that the Democrats aren't going to be giving Trump and/or his proxies the benefit of the doubt if there are sort of ambiguously fascist statements coming from team Trump a couple weeks out from the election.

I’m not even sure you could classify Hinchcliffe as part of “Trump’s base”.

I think he will vote for Trump this election, as I will, but I was open to any Republican other than Trump during the primary. Even blood soaked Haley.

I’m pretty familiar with his work and MAGA is not the right descriptor for him.
This is the first I've heard of this comedian. I'd guess I'm not alone. Right or wrong, the jokes he told as an invited guest at arguably one of Trump's biggest and high profile rallies are what he's forever going to be known for.

If he wasn't MAGA before, he damned well better lean into it now because MAGA folks are just about the only people who are going to pay to see and hear his comedy act.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
This is the first I've heard of this comedian. I'd guess I'm not alone. Right or wrong, the jokes he told as an invited guest at arguably one of Trump's biggest and high profile rallies are what he's forever going to be known for.

If he wasn't MAGA before, he damned well better lean into it now because MAGA folks are just about the only people who are going to pay to see and hear his comedy act.
That’s not comedy though. That’s how you become a jaded Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart.

Hinchcliffe will continue to ridicule the right side of the aisle when there is material there. But he likes Trump and the ground making fun of leftists is more fertile right now.

I've heard of him. He has been around for a while. This isn't his first instance of getting in trouble for offensive racial humor. The campaign knew what they were getting.

It plays with people who don’t have a stick up their ass. Further cements the GOP as the counter-culture, live and let live party.

Those that require fainting couches need not apply.
Im fine with it because it gives anti-Trumpers who are on the fence another reason to vote against him. The GOP lost by 7 Million votes in 2020, and they have to figure out a way to change the electorate and increase their base. This ain't going to do it...

Im fine with it because it gives anti-Trumpers who are on the fence another reason to vote against him. The GOP lost by 7 Million votes in 2020, and they have to figure out a way to change the electorate and increase their base. This ain't going to do it...
We will see soon Mr. Cos. But I want to give you some forewarning. If Harris loses I’m gong to harass you to no end. I’m talking digging up old posts just to laugh at and expose you.

If Harris wins, I have never predicted as much, although I despise that outcome.

Close race buddy. Hold onto your pearls.

The PR joke was bad. Juvenile. Not witty or clever. Got groans from the crowd. I doubt it would do any better in a club.
Here is why MAGA will lose. While Trump is staging a spectacle in MSG insulting various people including Puerto Ricans, KH is visiting a PR restaurant in Phil and giving that community another reason to get out and vote for her...

Nonsense. Trump has been eating into key non-white demos this cycle, and if he wins, that will be a big part of it. It's not about affirmation. It's about not turning off potential new supporters. That's why it's a huge unforced error.
The reason why it's damaging is that it aligns with an already existing narrative. It's similar to Romney's 47% comments which did so much damage to his campaign.

The Trump campaign had been working hard to counter that narrative, but this did a lot of damage to those efforts. The only thing that would have been worse would have been Trump saying them himself.

We will see soon Mr. Cos. But I want to give you some forewarning. If Harris loses I’m gong to harass you to no end. I’m talking digging up old posts just to laugh at and expose you.

If Harris wins, I have never predicted as much, although I despise that outcome.

Close race buddy. Hold onto your pearls.
I started a thread for MAGAs to post any pre-election celebratory posts, polls etc... Please feel free to avail yourself of it...

I'm pretty sure Uncle Mark was making a joke in calling PR a country - or auditioning for the next Trump rally.
It's like the video of Trumpers attacking a woman at a park who was wearing a shirt with Puerto Rico on the front. Morons were yelling at her to go back to her own country...

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
Very close race. Can’t predict as much. But all your front running will be brought down to size should he win.

And that will be great.
I guess you don't comprehend. I started that thread so that all the posts relying on misinformation and phony polls would be in a centralized location. Not spread out in numerous threads, like in 2022 following the Red trickle...

I guess you don't comprehend. I started that thread so that all the posts relying on misinformation and phony polls would be in a centralized location. Not spread out in numerous threads, like in 2022 following the Red trickle...
So dumb. Let’s start a cosmic thread where you can post all your young Turks and shit and we’ll come back and laugh at it

No accusations from me yet. I guess we’ll see.

What is it about registering non-citizens and not checking ID that makes you so hard?

Anyone have a read on the "secret" DJT was alluding to during his speech? i.e. He seemed to imply that he's got a plan for if/when he loses the election because Pubs control the house. Messing with/invalidating electors??
All of this hype that Trump is winning is set up to claim the election was stolen after he loses. It's the same playbook as 2022 only on a much larger scale., Dump a bunch of polls to manipulate the margins, and play into the MAGA belief that if Trump doesn't win the other side cheated...It's a key part of Trump's strategy- the renewal of "stop the steal"...

That’s not comedy though. That’s how you become a jaded Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart.

Hinchcliffe will continue to ridicule the right side of the aisle when there is material there. But he likes Trump and the ground making fun of leftists is more fertile right now.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I happen to like Jon Stewart. Colbert has his moments.

The only thing I've seen of Hinchcliffe is of him making fun of Puerto Rico, Blacks, Jews and Palestinians at a Trump rally. Seems like he might've read the room he was in well enough, but he failed miserably in not having the wherewithal to know those jabs would extend to a much wider audience.

The reason why it's damaging is that it aligns with an already existing narrative. It's similar to Romney's 47% comments which did so much damage to his campaign.

The Trump campaign had been working hard to counter that narrative, but this did a lot of damage to those efforts. The only thing that would have been worse would have been Trump saying them himself.
So far he has denigrated and insulted the people of Detroit,Phil and PR.He's simply an idiot...

Reactions: Ohio Guy

I'd guess you wouldn't be a fan of Jimmy Carr's.

I think the guy's brilliant myself. But he is absolutely vicious in skewering pretty much anybody and everybody. That said, I don't think politicians would be wise to invite Jimmy to a rally. That would seem likely to backfire.

I just find it kind of a social curiosity that our reactions to these sorts of things have a lot to do with the context in which they're delivered. The jokes this guy is getting heat for today would be considered mild in a traditional standup context. And I honestly don't think much (if any) of the outrage is genuine....it's the manufactured type, designed to induce favorable political movement.

In fact, I'd say that about virtually all outrage in the political realm. I'd say it about the "Nazi Rally" thing, too. Few people are actually this easily offended.

That’s unfalsifiable, they won’t be asking “What did you think of Tony Hinchcliffe’s set?” during exit polling.

People can hurl accusations of racism at Trump until they’re blue in the face, meanwhile the poll numbers with minorities just continue to go up.

There’s a disconnect somewhere. My theory is that treating any racial group as delicate flowers is patronizing and transparent.
I'm curious what % of Black, Hispanic and other minorities vote you think Trump will garner? Not only do I think the poll numbers are inflated, but I think a lot of the men from those groups who indicate a preference for Trump will end up not voting at all...

I think the guy's brilliant myself. But he is absolutely vicious in skewering pretty much anybody and everybody. That said, I don't think politicians would be wise to invite Jimmy to a rally. That would seem likely to backfire.

I just find it kind of a social curiosity that our reactions to these sorts of things have a lot to do with the context in which they're delivered. The jokes this guy is getting heat for today would be considered mild in a traditional standup context. And I honestly don't think much (if any) of the outrage is genuine....it's the manufactured type, designed to induce favorable political movement.

In fact, I'd say that about virtually all outrage in the political realm. I'd say it about the "Nazi Rally" thing, too. Few people are actually this easily offended.
I agree with you re: comedy. I do think the pendulum swung too far toward being overly sensitive and now things have sort of right-sized a bit. I think there is nuance that this guy missed the boat on a bit. I don't mind Jimmy Carr. Some of his stuff is funny. Dave Chappelle is great. Anthony Jeselnik is hilarious too, but any politician would be crazy to invite him to do a stump speech for a rally.

The Progressive Puritans are out in full force today. I applaud the left for trying to get 0% of the male vote.

All of this hype that Trump is winning is set up to claim the election was stolen after he loses. It's the same playbook as 2022 only on a much larger scale., Dump a bunch of polls to manipulate the margins, and play into the MAGA belief that if Trump doesn't win the other side cheated...It's a key part of Trump's strategy- the renewal of "stop the steal"...

I think Kamala win in PA is baked in. The MSG rally has no affect.

Edit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dbmhoosier
I agree with you re: comedy. I do think the pendulum swung too far toward being overly sensitive and now things have sort of right-sized a bit. I think there is nuance that this guy missed the boat on a bit. I don't mind Jimmy Carr. Some of his stuff is funny. Dave Chappelle is great. Anthony Jeselnik is hilarious too, but any politician would be crazy to invite him to do a stump speech for a rally.

I don't think the issue is nuance. I just think it's an issue of venue and context.

In the venue and context these typically happen, if he uttered the precise words he did, most people wouldn't bat an eye.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

Context is super important. This sort of stuff appropriate at a high school graduation commencement? A middle school presentation? a homily at a Catholic Church?

Another think that is important is the messenger. I can make fun of my own, but you have to be a lot more surgical than Tony was when you are punching down outside of your own.

I don't think it's outrage as much as people feeling like they may be seeing confirmation of how the Trump campaign sees a certain set of the electorate. And that's how it's designed in the joke telling. It's us-vs.-them-ism. The Trump campaign and its supporters here are just upset with how some people are reacting to where their opening act decided to draw that line.

The Progressive Puritans are out in full force today. I applaud the left for trying to get 0% of the male vote.

This clip just gets right to the point I'm making. Here he is making jokes about suicide, Jews being money-grubbers, etc....and nobody cared.

I just find this very interesting in a social sense. Why are we conditioned for one kind of reaction to a stimulus in venue A, but a different kind of reaction to the same stimulus in venue B?

Context is super important. This sort of stuff appropriate at a high school graduation commencement? A middle school presentation? a homily at a Catholic Church?

I don't think it's outrage as much as people feeling like they may be seeing confirmation of how the Trump campaign sees a certain set of the electorate. And that's how it's designed in the joke telling. It's us-vs.-them-ism. The Trump campaign and its supporters here are just upset with how some people are reacting to where their opening act decided to draw that line.
You think?

I don't think I agree with that. I interact with a lot of Trump supporters and I don't ever get the impression that they're motivated by race one way or the other. At least, if they are, it's never really come across. Granted, I'm sure there are different camps of Trump supporters than the ones I interact with.

I don't think the issue is nuance. I just think it's an issue of venue and context.

In the venue and context these typically happen, if he uttered the precise words he did, most people wouldn't bat an eye.
I would agree with that. I think you can get away with a lot more at a comedy club than you can in a lot of other places.

And I think you're right - it's definitely more an issue of venue/context and less about nuance.

Reactions: crazed_hoosier2
You think?

I don't think I agree with that. I interact with a lot of Trump supporters and I don't ever get the impression that they're motivated by race one way or the other. At least, if they are, it's never really come across. Granted, I'm sure there are different camps of Trump supporters than the ones I interact with.
Where did I mention race?

Do you? I think it's been the Rust Belt state that's been the closest one polling-wise.

But, historically, it's been a more reliable state for Dems than Wisconsin has been. That's the state where, in 2016 and 2020, Trump outperformed the polls by quite a significant margin -- like 3 or 4 points. The first time he won, the second time he lost. But both times the polling averages were off.

Who knows? In about a week, all will be revealed. 😋

While the Harris campaign pats the literal modern day Nazi’s on the head in Gaza and Lebanon, and continually pleads with Israel to call off the dogs and let Hamas and Hezbollah regenerate and reform……

Does anyone think we should give Alanis Morrisette a call?
It's weird that you characterize Harris as patting "Nazis" (Palestinians) on the head in Gaza and Lebanon, yet a majority of Palestinians seem to feel she's too pro-Israel. The people who unfurl Palestinian flags and interrupt Harris rallies, seem to see the situation in a diametrically opposite way from you...

What's really stupid is the lack of common sense among some Palestinians who say they will vote against Harris,maybe even for Trump. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

Hey we're mad that Harris won't embargo arms to Israel. Hey I've got a great idea, let's vote for the guy who will not only unilaterally support Israel, but will stand by and let BiBi turn Gaza into a parking lot.

Some of the folks within the Democratic coalition were absent the day common sense was handed out....

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT