ADVERTISEMENT

Need to step up NIL

You mean he lost ANOTHER kid to UConn. You act like this is the first recruit he's lost. Remember Liam or did you already forget? There's a long list of players he's lost just like you have a long list of excuses. Stop being an apologist for failure, it's an ugly look.
It is no failure and I am not making excuses. Kids no longer feel obligated to go to the state school. We want kids that want to come to Indiana. It is hard to turn down Indiana. Times have change. CMW worked hard to get him to come.

A gorgeous campus, a solid fan base, some dusty tradition, way hotter co-Ed’s than all other state schools, and a better valued degree than some. 18 year old kids can hardly recall us in Sweet Sixteen, and well Woody hasn’t sniffed it either. I don’t begrudge kids heading to play for Hurley. He’s a great coach and we do not have one at present, either as he is too old to work hard or he just doesn’t have it in him. Next…..
The issue is UConn didn't have that advantage a couple years ago. Good coaching, scouting, recruiting is what got them there. So far, we are lacking somewhere, and we can go down that path trying to navigate what that is but it's not just one player going to UConn, it's a culmination of failure that keeps getting harder to overlook with each situation that occurs.

Losing top recruits to UConn, Kansas and Duke stings, but who can blame those recruits based on recent history of program success. So, if Woody can’t beat ‘em….out pay them by a significant amount. Fingers crossed on Mullins but I wouldn’t bet on him being a Hoosier. Hope I’m wrong.

No.

You start upping the money to ungodly amounts for a kid, that totally resets the market and future kids will be expecting it.

These kids have agents. (Most) Agents have more then one kid they represent, so you overpay one kid and then you're screwed.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
It is no failure and I am not making excuses. Kids no longer feel obligated to go to the state school. We want kids that want to come to Indiana. It is hard to turn down Indiana. Times have change. CMW worked hard to get him to come.
Eh, I honestly couldn't care less about in-state kids. I know there's a large faction of people who do but primarily because the state has produced some really talented kids. I am talking about kids from anywhere. I could run down a list of failures from the last 2 years, where he has been able to get in early on kids to build relationships with and he hasn't been able to establish what's needed.

Again, all of this can be overlooked if the product on the court is good. Look no further than Purdue and their crappy recruiting yet success on the court. I don't care how my coach gets the success on the court, just that he gets it. The issue is there is failure under every rock we roll over. The only success seems to be the portal recruiting but even that turned into a mirage for us last season. Therefore, all of our chips are in on this current team and all we can do is hope it's also not just another mirage. If they are an Elite 8 team, by golly, then we have no reason to question this strategy if he can maintain it. But as of today, there are only questions and no answers, hence the fear.

Keep telling yourself Woodson is a good coach if it wasn't for doners he would be putting a team with Ball State talent on the floor. He is a lazy ass recruiter who would rather golf and hang with Quinn and have them spend money on guys in the portal.
Your words are full of hatred, Why do you go on the Purdue board?
Eh, I honestly couldn't care less about in-state kids. I know there's a large faction of people who do but primarily because the state has produced some really talented kids. I am talking about kids from anywhere. I could run down a list of failures from the last 2 years, where he has been able to get in early on kids to build relationships with and he hasn't been able to establish what's needed.

Again, all of this can be overlooked if the product on the court is good. Look no further than Purdue and their crappy recruiting yet success on the court. I don't care how my coach gets the success on the court, just that he gets it. The issue is there is failure under every rock we roll over. The only success seems to be the portal recruiting but even that turned into a mirage for us last season. Therefore, all of our chips are in on this current team and all we can do is hope it's also not just another mirage. If they are an Elite 8 team, by golly, then we have no reason to question this strategy if he can maintain it. But as of today, there are only questions and no answers, hence the fear.
We are going to get it done this year.

Except per memory Woody took some heat as he didn’t show up in kid’s sectional game until Friday, and both Painter and Shrewsberry showed mid week games, and when Woody showed up on Friday he brought his wife. Woody got torched on here and on Twitter for that act.
How did Painter and Shrewsberry fare in the Mullins recruitment?
Plenty to complain about Woody but he and the staff put a ton of work into this recruitment and I just think some of the “lazy” characterizations are unfair.

Reactions: asindc and T.M.P.
How did Painter and Shrewsberry fare in the Mullins recruitment?
Plenty to complain about Woody but he and the staff put a ton of work into this recruitment and I just think some of the “lazy” characterizations are unfair.
The proof will be in the pudding. Woody has the best team money can buy, IU is ranked preseason, and picked 2nd in league. He has his opportunity to prove a leopard can in fact change its spots on offense. Win big and we all fall in line, go 20-11 or 19-14 well bye bye Woody is my expectation. I think any IU coach must at least meet standard set by Tom Crean- Sweet Sixteen and Big Ten regular season crowns. Crean did that and was fired, Woody has done neither as of yet.

Except per memory Woody took some heat as he didn’t show up in kid’s sectional game until Friday, and both Painter and Shrewsberry showed mid week games, and when Woody showed up on Friday he brought his wife. Woody got torched on here and on Twitter for that act.
2 Some people if CMW jay walked across the street. He would be wrong.

What you say if or when Mullins chooses UConn? Woody hasn’t done well recruiting high school kids. Portal is where he can just pay for free agents. We will see if he builds a culture and a team this year. If he does I will eat crow and assume he has Iu going in right direction. If we look like last year…he needs to go.
You forget, you still have to recruit the portal kids. You forgot the year b4, when CMW struck out in the portal.CMW did not get the kid, who went to Tenn.

2 Some people if CMW jay walked across the street. He would be wrong.
Jay walking is technically illegal in most locales- so yes he’d be wrong in your scenario. Can’t blame the Colorado State transfer Dalton Knecht for heading to UTenn. Rick Barnes has a Final Four and Multiple Elite Eights and Sweet Sixteens as skins on his wall. And the choice worked out, Knecht was All American and is now a Laker. Woody got a wing from Northwestern but Kopp didn’t move like Knecht , now did he? I really hope Woody has more movement in this year’s team on offense.

Jay walking is technically illegal in most locales- so yes he’d be wrong in your scenario. Can’t blame the Colorado State transfer Dalton Knecht for heading to UTenn. Rick Barnes has a Final Four and Multiple Elite Eights and Sweet Sixteens as skins on his wall. And the choice worked out, Knecht was All American and is now a Laker. Woody got a wing from Northwestern but Kopp didn’t move like Knecht , now did he? I really hope Woody has more movement in this year’s team on offense.
so do I.

Reactions: Indyhorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT