ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP reaction to Rittenhouse verdict

I don't worry too much about home invasions, but the car jackings here are rampant. That's the biggest threat to get shot here at the moment
I was car jacked in Detroit in the early 90s. Dumbass kid in a nice car with no situational awareness at all. Looked like I was staring down the barrel of one of the main guns on the USS New Jersey. I couldn't bail out the car fast enough and still thank my lucky stars I can talk about it today.

Reactions: stollcpa
I was car jacked in Detroit in the early 90s. Dumbass kid in a nice car with no situational awareness at all. Looked like I was staring down the barrel of one of the main guns on the USS New Jersey. I couldn't bail out the car fast enough and still thank my lucky stars I can talk about it today.
Wow!!! Scary stuff. I think that's smarter - just get out fast

That is outstanding.

We have a partisan divide on the gun issue. People are passionate about gun ownership. With more Biden voters purchasing firearms, I would think attempting to ram gun restrictions thru Congress would be a fools errand.
If they passed a law...most people would ignore it.

Some local governments wouldn't even enforce them. It would just lead to chaos.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
There's a mashup video somewhere on the internet of all the corporate media talking heads labeling Rittenhouse a vigilante, white supremacist, MAGA lover, racist, etc. in the days following the incident.

If the liberal media hadn't distorted this case so blatantly from the outset, the requisite conservative media reaction wouldn't need to exist.
Technically he can be a vigilante and a MAGA lover. Doesn't make him a murderer. And that was borne out in the trial. No idea if he's racist or not. I don't know him, though I note several here keep calling him Kyle like they know him. Odd.

Technically he can be a vigilante and a MAGA lover. Doesn't make him a murderer. And that was borne out in the trial. No idea if he's racist or not. I don't know him, though I note several here keep calling him Kyle like they know him. Odd.
What Kyle did doesn't fit the definition of vigilantism, it seems he is a MAGAbot, but like you said, that's not a crime, yet.

It’s not about the gun. It’s about the ammo. I’ve made this point for years here. You are too focused on what the gun looks like. That said, there are reasons for the tactical accoutrements, correct? They are not just for show.
Come on man. Give it up.

No clue what rounds he was using, but people act like anything coming out of an AR is the equivalent to an RPG. You can't even deer hunt with 5.56/,223 in this state due to lack of power.
People can’t understand it’s so popular because it’s a versatile platform. Customization is infinite. Pretty much any caliber you want. They can’t tell the difference if it’s an ar10 etc…

I’m talking about the amo, not the gun.. What is so hard?
I think we have gotten off track. You responded to a post of mine about a response to the mini14 vs ar15. It was pointed out it virtually functions the same.etc.. we know ammo makes a difference but not in the Rittenhouse case. He was using the cheapest most available not .223 hollow points..etc. just let it go.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
We have a partisan divide on the gun issue. People are passionate about gun ownership. With more Biden voters purchasing firearms, I would think attempting to ram gun restrictions thru Congress would be a fools errand.

Even people in states like NY and NJ aren't complying with the silly magazine laws and the states can't enforce the unenforceable.

Force equals mass times speed squared. Mass is not nearly as important as speed for the amount of kinetic energy.
I am just saying to know the full danger we have to know mass and acceleration. And if the bullet is designed to tumble upon impact.

Just look around. Cops are under attack everywhere. Riots, looting. Hell, read about what’s happening in San Francisco. You can’t run a retail store in certain parts of that city, they just bust in in the middle of the day and take everything.

It’s not surprising at all that support for personal gun ownership keeps rising. It’s just common sense.

I’m talking about the amo, not the gun.. What is so hard?

I have no idea. You responded to a post of mine comparing a Ruger 14 with and AR-15, where I pointed out they are effectively the same weapon. You then respond by saying you're talking about the ammo, not the gun. I point out that they use the same ammo and you again respond the same way.

I dunno man, why is it so hard? Maybe you didn't mean to respond to me in the first place. Perhaps you're responding to some other conversation with someone else. But your response to my post makes no sense at all.

Just look around. Cops are under attack everywhere. Riots, looting. Hell, read about what’s happening in San Francisco. You can’t run a retail store in certain parts of that city, they just bust in in the middle of the day and take everything.

It’s not surprising at all that support for personal gun ownership keeps rising. It’s just common sense.
The Nordstrom in Walnut Creek is an insane story. 80 people involved in storming it.

I have no idea. You responded to a post of mine comparing a Ruger 14 with and AR-15, where I pointed out they are effectively the same weapon. You then respond by saying you're talking about the ammo, not the gun. I point out that they use the same ammo and you again respond the same way.

I dunno man, why is it so hard? Maybe you didn't mean to respond to me in the first place. Perhaps you're responding to some other conversation with someone else. But your response to my post makes no sense at all.
Stop being so obtuse you know exactly what I’m talking about. The AR 15 dangerous because of the high speed high energy ammo. The entry hole is the diameter of a nail, it does damage as if one were shot with something the diameter of a beer can. That’s how the kinetic energy works.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Stop being so obtuse you know exactly what I’m talking about. The AR 15 dangerous because of the high speed high energy ammo. The entry hole is the diameter of a nail, it does damage as if one were shot with something the diameter of a beer can. That’s how the kinetic energy works.
We aren’t aren’t arguing that. For gods sake it’s not exclusive. The at 15 is no more dangerous than other semi auto guns. Get over it.

Does a Ruger mini 14 chambered in .223 shoot different ammo than an AR 15 chambered in .223?

The Nordstrom in Walnut Creek is an insane story. 80 people involved in storming it.
There had to be some coordination on that right? If so, they're going to track of lot of these people down.

We aren’t aren’t arguing that. For gods sake it’s not exclusive. The at 15 is no more dangerous than other semi auto guns. Get over it.
Huh? Its infinitely more dangerous than a ,22 semi-auto. In fact you can buy a .22 semi auto that looks like an A R. No problem with that.

There had to be some coordination on that right? If so, they're going to track of lot of these people down.

Eighty people, multiple cars, license plates obscured. We know they weren't politicians. Too much coordination and planning. Politicians can't organize a two-car funeral parade.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You would think. I've watched a few of these videos now where massive groups storm dept stores. As if working retail isn't bad enough. Maybe Bezos is behind it. The death knell to dept stores

Eighty people, multiple cars, license plates obscured. We know they weren't politicians. Too much coordination and planning. Politicians can't organize a two-car funeral parade.
I once saw something similar to this at Castleton (shopping mall). Like 15 years ago we were in Macy's or something and there were 4 or 5 people who came in from a car parked at the curb. Grabbed a whole bunch of shit (seemingly randomly) and then booked it out to the car and drove off.

Huh? Its infinitely more dangerous than a ,22 semi-auto. In fact you can buy a .22 semi auto that looks like an A R. No problem with that.
You really want to split hairs? You are looking pretty dumb right now.

You would think. I've watched a few of these videos now where massive groups storm dept stores. As if working retail isn't bad enough. Maybe Bezos is behind it. The death knell to dept stores
I'm sure Chris Moltisanti is like "damn, we didn't have to shoot truck drivers. coulda just run in and run out of the store". Glad Sopranos didn't go that route.

No it doesn't. 5.56mm ammo is 5.556mm ammo, regardless of whether the gun is an AR platform or Mini 14.
What are you talking about now? The 5.56 NATO round is only slightly different. My gun shop guy shoots them interchangeably.

Who is being obtuse? I don't even know WTF you're arguing about. The Mini Ruger 14 use .223 or 5.56 rounds, exactly the same as the AR-15. THE SAME AMMO. So what exactly are you moaning about? I feel like you're having your own argument that isn't in line with what anyone else is talking about.

I'm sure Chris Moltisanti is like "damn, we didn't have to shoot truck drivers. coulda just run in and run out of the store". Glad Sopranos didn't go that route.
LOL. I'm watching The Sopranos now, for the third time. Just starting season 6.

"Run in and run out of the store" wasn't a particularly good plan given the average weight of the "associates" was near 300 pounds. That's when you have to farm it out.

If they steel $5,000 worth of goods, but no individual exceeds the misdemeanor limit, can the whole group be charged with a felony? Seems like the smash and grab gangs think they found a loophole.

Could you imagine being in there with your kid and 80 people come running in like that

Who is being obtuse? I don't even know WTF you're arguing about. The Mini Ruger 14 use .223 or 5.56 rounds, exactly the same as the AR-15. THE SAME AMMO. So what exactly are you moaning about? I feel like you're having your own argument that isn't in line with what anyone else is talking about.
I’m saying the high velocity round is an extremely dangerous product, especially in the hands of inexperienced individuals.

I’ve said for years that we should repeal gun industry immunity and have the gun industry decide if the unrestricted production and sale of these products is worth the financial risk.

The opioid producers have been nailed for billions for the same crap. But they don’t have immunity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT