ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP reaction to Rittenhouse verdict

They know him because of The View, CNN, MSNBC, POTUS and others calling him a racist. I hope they all pay millions to him now.
Whoopi is just daring him. She can’t shut that pie hole. I hope he pushes to make it public so we can all witness it.

What are you talking about now? The 5.56 NATO round is only slightly different. My gun shop guy shoots them interchangeably.
5.56 is generally a 'hotter' round than the .223, generating greater chamber pressure.
Many weapons which are designed to accommodate greater 5.56 chamber pressure can easily shoot .223. Some, cheaper stamped receiver AR platforms, designed for .223 should probably not shoot much 5.56.

The military M-14 shoots NATO 7.62x39,
and the original 'mini' 14s were also chambered in the NATO 7.62

There a number of versions of the mini-14 in calibers other than 7.62.

The military M-14 shoots NATO 7.62x39,
and the original 'mini' 14s were also chambered in the NATO 7.62

That's a russian bloc round that's run in the SKS and AK-47 platforms. NATO is 7.62 x 51.

AFAIK, the mini 14 was never chambered in the .30 cal NATO round, but was later marketed as the mini 30 in the russian chambering.

You guys just can’t let it go can you. 12 jurors ruled he was within his rights to do everything he did that night. It’s unreal the lengths people will go to justify themselves.
I am not sure how I am one of them “you guys”. For sure , you do not know me. And you probably cannot identify any of other guys that “cannot let it go“. I cannot identify them and I am, supposedly, one of them. How does that work? I don’t need any affirmation or negation from anyone on a supposed anonymous message board to move my life forward. I do like to push the envelope and find if my stiff, dead mind can find some elasticity by pursuing alternative thinking by placing myself in the shoes of others. My very first thread about this topic accepted KR would be acquitted. I submit it is possible for him to be acquitted as charged…but still be a serious offender of lesser charges and moral, ethical lapses of judgement. I hope KR learns a life lesson and does not lap up the publicity and exposure as an affirmation that he is invincible or the forthcoming money is justification for acting stupid and then repeating the actions.
I think KR should move to Philadelphia and become a Quaker.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Was there a wanted dead or alive poster in the Kenosha Post office.
Sorry, my small motor skills fried this one. So RosenBaum eligible for a street kill because of a past crimes? Did Kyle possess his rap sheet? I think if he killed Rosenbaum because of Rosenabum‘s criminal history….then that is an overreach of self -defense

Four dead people? Where are you getting four dead people? Rosenbaum and Huber were the only ones killed that night.

And, as someone else said about Rosenbaum-he lit a dumpster on fire and tried to push it into a gas station. I’m not sure if that qualifies as looting but it sure seems dangerous.
Yes , you are correct. Only “two“ died that night. I was thinking four shooting victims (including Jake Blake) and misspoke of them as killed. My bad. It’s in my backyard an so near over rules my brain at times.

I am not sure how I am one of them “you guys”. For sure , you do not know me. And you probably cannot identify any of other guys that “cannot let it go“. I cannot identify them and I am, supposedly, one of them. How does that work? I don’t need any affirmation or negation from anyone on a supposed anonymous message board to move my life forward. I do like to push the envelope and find if my stiff, dead mind can find some elasticity by pursuing alternative thinking by placing myself in the shoes of others. My very first thread about this topic accepted KR would be acquitted. I submit it is possible for him to be acquitted as charged…but still be a serious offender of lesser charges and moral, ethical lapses of judgement. I hope KR learns a life lesson and does not lap up the publicity and exposure as an affirmation that he is invincible or the forthcoming money is justification for acting stupid and then repeating the actions.
You are looking more like a troll. You really are searching for more than it is. You just can’t comprehend that he was in the right not in the wrong. I’m sure you would put yourself in the shoes of a pedo and violent felon. 12 jurors said he is not a serious offender. In my mind you are everything I stated.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Yes , you are correct. Only “two“ died that night. I was thinking four shooting victims (including Jake Blake) and misspoke of them as killed. My bad. It’s in my backyard an so near over rules my brain at times.
This statement shows who’s side you are on.

When you have the President of the United States singling you out as a white racist before all the facts are known; and then doubling down on that after all the evidence in and you are acquitted, the publicity is dumped on you. You don’t need to lap it up. There are many lessons to be learned from this sad episode that affected so many lives. Most of those lessons should be learned by those in positions of power and influence. I’m not holding my breath.

That's a russian bloc round that's run in the SKS and AK-47 platforms. NATO is 7.62 x 51.

AFAIK, the mini 14 was never chambered in the .30 cal NATO round, but was later marketed as the mini 30 in the russian chambering.
Yep, I knew the 39x51 diff...I typed it wrong.

You were just wrong all throughout that post.

Also, Jacob Blake is not a “victim”. He didn’t try to disarm the police-he resisted arrest and then went for a knife in his truck.

He’s extremely lucky to be alive and it’s his own damned fault.

Maybe you should learn a little more about the topic before rendering an opinion.

Also, Jacob Blake is not a “victim”. He didn’t try to disarm the police-he resisted arrest and then went for a knife in his truck.

Maybe you should learn a little more about the topic before rendering an opinion.
These people have no interest in the truth or accuracy. They have a story to tell, & fiction is usually more effective than real life accuracy…

Was there a wanted dead or alive poster in the Kenosha Post office.
You are looking more like a troll. You really are searching for more than it is. You just can’t comprehend that he was in the right not in the wrong. I’m sure you would put yourself in the shoes of a pedo and violent felon. 12 jurors said he is not a serious offender. In my mind you are everything I stated.
I don’t recall where or when I equated the actions of KR to JR’s obviously sick past.

The 12 jurors found that he was not guilty of killing the two and the attempted killing of the third. It did not offer a verdict on lesser charges or the moral and ethical problems of his actions. The legal standard is nearly the lowest bar to clear for acceptable behavior. Ask OJ and Richard Nixon for a follow-up.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy

I guess I started this exchange so I am obliged to respond. Not sure where I was wrong as I was describing the possible reactionary actions of a group of people in an emotional situation. How can one be right or wrong? You and I have no idea what those folks were thinking….we can suppose, like I was doing, but we don’t really know. Only those folks know. Just like we don’t really know what KR‘s true and primary motivations were for being one of many riot tourists in the city where I live. KR is the only one that really knows his true intentions and, even then, sometimes folks can tell themselves dangerous lies.
As for Jacob Blake…careful now , I live in Kenosha and might have more interest in this situation than you can know. Jacob was a victim of excessive use of force. No one deserves 7 shots in the back …period. Don’t care if he was a known felon. Don‘t care if he had a knife in the vehicle. Must have been one big bad ass knife to scare one of the two police officers on the scene to shoot him in the back seven times. Why didn’t the other officer shoot him?
The PD of the city of Kenosha has a history of overreaction. Google “ Michael Bell‘s Law”. And it did not improve until post Jake Blake. Their are other narratives that are out there but they are not first hand, although credible to me.so I won’t go there. On the brighter side, the PD seems to be learning. They almost always have multiple cars with four officers on the scene now. My minority neighbors tell me they are getting fewer hassle stops and visits that create opportunities for conflict.

The 12 jurors found that he was not guilty of killing the two and the attempted killing of the third. It did not offer a verdict on lesser charges or the moral and ethical problems of his actions. The legal standard is nearly the lowest bar to clear for acceptable behavior. Ask OJ and Richard Nixon for a follow-up.
No, you are questioning the lesser charges. The jury was given the possibility of giving lesser but found zero cause to. Far be it from me to question the jury. You shouldn’t either.

Reactions: stollcpa
I guess I started this exchange so I am obliged to respond. Not sure where I was wrong as I was describing the possible reactionary actions of a group of people in an emotional situation. How can one be right or wrong? You and I have no idea what those folks were thinking….we can suppose, like I was doing, but we don’t really know. Only those folks know. Just like we don’t really know what KR‘s true and primary motivations were for being one of many riot tourists in the city where I live. KR is the only one that really knows his true intentions and, even then, sometimes folks can tell themselves dangerous lies.
As for Jacob Blake…careful now , I live in Kenosha and might have more interest in this situation than you can know. Jacob was a victim of excessive use of force. No one deserves 7 shots in the back …period. Don’t care if he was a known felon. Don‘t care if he had a knife in the vehicle. Must have been one big bad ass knife to scare one of the two police officers on the scene to shoot him in the back seven times. Why didn’t the other officer shoot him?
The PD of the city of Kenosha has a history of overreaction. Google “ Michael Bell‘s Law”. And it did not improve until post Jake Blake. Their are other narratives that are out there but they are not first hand, although credible to me.so I won’t go there. On the brighter side, the PD seems to be learning. They almost always have multiple cars with four officers on the scene now. My minority neighbors tell me they are getting fewer hassle stops and visits that create opportunities for conflict.
This is nothing more than your opinion. And what Blake “deserved” has nothing to do with this.

He had a warrant out for his arrest, for sexual assault and domestic abuse, which the cops were aware of when they got to the scene.

He was tased by 2 different officers before being shot, which didn’t restrain him.

He went for a knife in his truck after physically assaulting police on the scene.

Kenosha county prosecutors declined to prosecute the officer who shot Blake and he was put back on regular duty.

You may live in Kenosha but you apparently don’t know a lot about what went on there wrt this shooting.

No, you are questioning the lesser charges. The jury was given the possibility of giving lesser but found zero cause to. Far be it from me to question the jury. You shouldn’t either.
As I stated earlier, my first comment was that he would be acquitted by the jury. And KR was acquitted after the arguments were presented around those intentional homicide charges. I did not hear much argument around lesser charges or other possibilities. Seems like the ground was plowed to raise grow hops and then it was not suitable ground and so corn was never considered. Regardless, the jury called it on a legal basis and so I accept that outcome, but I do not believe KR is a hero or model for others given the moral weight of killing of another other human being. The worst crime ever…right up there with abortion. Odd how the extremes of of our society make killing situational and not absolute. Like I told my ex-boo…I will take a bullet for you, but I will not push one out for you.

This is nothing more than your opinion. And what Blake “deserved” has nothing to do with this.

He had a warrant out for his arrest, for sexual assault and domestic abuse, which the cops were aware of when they got to the scene.

He was tased by 2 different officers before being shot, which didn’t restrain him.

He went for a knife in his truck after physically assaulting police on the scene.

Kenosha county prosecutors declined to prosecute the officer who shot Blake and he was put back on regular duty.

You may live in Kenosha but you apparently don’t know a lot about what went on there wrt this shooting.
1) He ”deserved“ justice from his community. Not street justice administered ad hoc by a single police officer.
2) The charges were for crimes so egregious that they were later traded down for two disorderly conduct charges. Worth shooting someone 7 times in the back?
3) So maybe a defective taser? Should have been resolved as to why it did not stop him. Sounds a little cray to me. Was the output of the taser deficient for some reason? Low batteries? Incompetent maintenance or operator error? I don’t think it is a crime to not be rendered helpless by a taser.
Point being, Why is this even important? He was not agreeable to being in custody of a hostile party with a negative reputation in his community. So the police escalated from a taser to shooting him 7 times in the back.
4) He went to his truck. Probably to retrieve a knife. Was the knife brandished as a threat to the officer? Or was the officer adrenalized and ready to go? Why didn’t the second officer overreact and fire upon Jake Blake?
5) Perhaps this is the most important counterpoint to your argument. The Prosecutor(s) did not pursue action against the PD and so the points in one through four will not be scrubbed by sunshine. That greatly angers the community. Like Arbery‘s case was buried for months . Not saying they are the same cases with same outcomes, but you have to show the community respect. Kenosha can pay 1.7 mio to settle Michael Bells case but cannot pay for prosecution of the officers or Jacob Blake to settle the facts?
5) Perhaps the refusal to prosecute was a dodge by the local government to avoid very costly settlements and insurability problems. See Michael Bell. So the answers to points 1 through 4 were not examined in a court and so we will never have
the benefit of the sunshine of a trial. Similar to Arbery‘s case. Buried by the government for months.

1) He ”deserved“ justice from his community. Not street justice administered ad hoc by a single police officer.
2) The charges were for crimes so egregious that they were later traded down for two disorderly conduct charges. Worth shooting someone 7 times in the back?
3) So maybe a defective taser? Should have been resolved as to why it did not stop him. Sounds a little cray to me. Was the output of the taser deficient for some reason? Low batteries? Incompetent maintenance or operator error? I don’t think it is a crime to not be rendered helpless by a taser.
Point being, Why is this even important? He was not agreeable to being in custody of a hostile party with a negative reputation in his community. So the police escalated from a taser to shooting him 7 times in the back.
4) He went to his truck. Probably to retrieve a knife. Was the knife brandished as a threat to the officer? Or was the officer adrenalized and ready to go? Why didn’t the second officer overreact and fire upon Jake Blake?
5) Perhaps this is the most important counterpoint to your argument. The Prosecutor(s) did not pursue action against the PD and so the points in one through four will not be scrubbed by sunshine. That greatly angers the community. Like Arbery‘s case was buried for months . Not saying they are the same cases with same outcomes, but you have to show the community respect. Kenosha can pay 1.7 mio to settle Michael Bells case but cannot pay for prosecution of the officers or Jacob Blake to settle the facts?
5) Perhaps the refusal to prosecute was a dodge by the local government to avoid very costly settlements and insurability problems. See Michael Bell. So the answers to points 1 through 4 were not examined in a court and so we will never have
the benefit of the sunshine of a trial. Similar to Arbery‘s case. Buried by the government for months.
What a load of Monday Morning Quarterbacking this is.

1. He was “administered justice” as a last resort and as a direct result of his own actions.

2. The charges aren’t why he was shot 7 times in the back, but you already know that. They more than likely were the reason he didn’t want to be arrested though.

3. Tasers aren’t always 100 percent effective in stopping people. Cops carry them so they don’t have to shoot people who attack them, but they don’t always work.

Also, I’d venture to say that most people who have warrants out for their arrest view the cops in a negative light. Just a hunch.

4. He said he had a knife. Cops said they saw a knife. That’s good enough for me. Why do you insist on over analyzing and criticizing every move made by every officer while ignoring the role Blake played?

5. I’m not sure, but it seems like you’re saying here that the cop should be prosecuted because the COMMUNITY wants him prosecuted. That’s a really ridiculous statement. How about we prosecute or don’t prosecute based on what happened and what the law says about what happened. That seems much more reasonable.

5. That’s a bunch of speculation on your part, but then your entire post is speculation and wishful thinking. But if you have an issue with the prosecutor, elect someone else. Pretty simple. I don’t think that would have changed anything in this situation though, because this was a pretty clearly justified shoot.

What a load of Monday Morning Quarterbacking this is.

1. He was “administered justice” as a last resort and as a direct result of his own actions.

2. The charges aren’t why he was shot 7 times in the back, but you already know that. They more than likely were the reason he didn’t want to be arrested though.

3. Tasers aren’t always 100 percent effective in stopping people. Cops carry them so they don’t have to shoot people who attack them, but they don’t always work.

Also, I’d venture to say that most people who have warrants out for their arrest view the cops in a negative light. Just a hunch.

4. He said he had a knife. Cops said they saw a knife. That’s good enough for me. Why do you insist on over analyzing and criticizing every move made by every officer while ignoring the role Blake played?

5. I’m not sure, but it seems like you’re saying here that the cop should be prosecuted because the COMMUNITY wants him prosecuted. That’s a really ridiculous statement. How about we prosecute or don’t prosecute based on what happened and what the law says about what happened. That seems much more reasonable.

5. That’s a bunch of speculation on your part, but then your entire post is speculation and wishful thinking. But if you have an issue with the prosecutor, elect someone else. Pretty simple. I don’t think that would have changed anything in this situation though, because this was a pretty clearly justified shoot.
Mr. Hoops Doc,
My humble reply;
1) Is shooting him seven times in the back the only last resort? I am not a legal beagle, but I can think of common sense routes of action that would have better results. I think other possibilities were available to the police. That is a sad world we live in when shooting a young man 7 times in the back is the last resort for resolving what resulted in an order of protection.
2) Causal model - he wasn’t shot because of the past charges …correct, he was shot because the police were pushing up on him because of charges that were not worth shooting up a man for what amounted to disorderly conduct charges. There are reasons and there are actions and there is another level beneath the reasons that cause the motivations.
3) I live among many people that do not have warrants for their arrest and many of them do not trust the judgement of the local PD. The local PD was not really trusted pre Jake Blake and may never recover the community support post Jake Blake and the subsequent riots. Which, sadly, will only escalate the problem if folks take an all-in or all-out position.
4) I previously conceded he may have been reaching for a knife. I don’t think it is over analyzing to wonder why a police officer would feel threatened by said knife when he had Jake out armed to the point he had to plug him. With a second officer on site.
5) The community does not wish for the policeman’s prosecution but a clearing of the record that KR received would be useful. What happened and why did it happen with such a ghastly outcome? As I proposed in the previous post….prosecute a Jake Blake if required to come a publicly visible record. Why does KR get ot have a day in court and the community does not have their day in court. Guess what…the community does not trust police and government to honestly account for their actions. See Mr. Arbey‘s situation. I may speculate on why the government does not pursue a public airing of this situation, but I am not speculating about the Michael Bell pay-out and other over reaches.

Mr. Hoops Doc,
My humble reply;
1) Is shooting him seven times in the back the only last resort? I am not a legal beagle, but I can think of common sense routes of action that would have better results. I think other possibilities were available to the police. That is a sad world we live in when shooting a young man 7 times in the back is the last resort for resolving what resulted in an order of protection.
2) Causal model - he wasn’t shot because of the past charges …correct, he was shot because the police were pushing up on him because of charges that were not worth shooting up a man for what amounted to disorderly conduct charges. There are reasons and there are actions and there is another level beneath the reasons that cause the motivations.
3) I live among many people that do not have warrants for their arrest and many of them do not trust the judgement of the local PD. The local PD was not really trusted pre Jake Blake and may never recover the community support post Jake Blake and the subsequent riots. Which, sadly, will only escalate the problem if folks take an all-in or all-out position.
4) I previously conceded he may have been reaching for a knife. I don’t think it is over analyzing to wonder why a police officer would feel threatened by said knife when he had Jake out armed to the point he had to plug him. With a second officer on site.
5) The community does not wish for the policeman’s prosecution but a clearing of the record that KR received would be useful. What happened and why did it happen with such a ghastly outcome? As I proposed in the previous post….prosecute a Jake Blake if required to come a publicly visible record. Why does KR get ot have a day in court and the community does not have their day in court. Guess what…the community does not trust police and government to honestly account for their actions. See Mr. Arbey‘s situation. I may speculate on why the government does not pursue a public airing of this situation, but I am not speculating about the Michael Bell pay-out and other over reaches.
This is way too easy. Man gets arrested, tried to attack cops, cops defended themselves. Who cares how many times he was shot? If a taser didn’t stop him, you’d better make sure he can’t continue to come at you. He wasn’t willing to let the justice system work as intended, so he got what he deserved.

Mr. Hoops Doc,
My humble reply;
Lmao. Every self defense instructor will tell you to eliminate the threat. That means potential death for the perpetrator. Most likely death occurs. He’s lucky to be alive. Why are you linking all these cases together? I know why because it involves a black man. One was absolutely vigilante justice the other was a justified shooting of a guy resisting arrest by any means necessary. Totally separate circumstances. You keep circling back to the only narrative being pushed. Just stop already.

Lmao. Every self defense instructor will tell you to eliminate the threat. That means potential death for the perpetrator. Most likely death occurs. He’s lucky to be alive. Why are you linking all these cases together? I know why because it involves a black man. One was absolutely vigilante justice the other was a justified shooting of a guy resisting arrest by any means necessary. Totally separate circumstances. You keep circling back to the only narrative being pushed. Just stop already.
Good job for a self defense instructor. An accountant would promote the idea of doing an audit. A psychologist would promote talk therapy. A lawyer would suggest a legal action...etc.

• Haha
When I became aware of Jacob Blake’s injuries suffered after being shot seven times in the back…I thought of the Chicago model…shoot me up front and finish me.

Linking cases…Of course, for sure that you cannot avoid the obvious that a black man’s action was the starting point of the events. Not complicated.No Jake Blake…then no police overreaction .. then no riots…then a bunch of burning and looting by Antifa and the riot tourists ..so no JRitt….then no dead and injured people.

• Haha
No. Which is why the ad said white supremacists AND militia groups.
I saw a study in the White Supremacists are 2-4% of the population and of those a tiny, tiny fraction are organized. All of them has zero political influence. They’re ostracized and demonized.
And I’m the US we have Black Supremacy movements that are included in the Democrats identity politics coalition, BLM proper, Nation of Islam.

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT