ADVERTISEMENT

My buddy and classmate's funeral was today

I just saw that a classmate and my editor on the school paper, passed away a few weeks ago. He'd written around Indy for some different outlets. Opened my eyes to some new music and was always good for a band or 2 off the beaten path back in the day. Not a bunch of punk afficianados running around good ol' Southport High back in the early 80s!

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
As I bid you farewell, I leave you with this. When the gates of Heaven open and the music is playing, don't get in a fight with the band because they won't play country music.
Footnote......this happened at our 20 year reunion.
I am sorry for your loss. Was he a high school or college friend? Did he have a wife and family he left behind? May God be with all of you who knew him.

Death sucks

tenor.gif

Reactions: 76-1
Lately such issues have been hitting home. Lots of loved ones are simply not making to retirement age, and often with no warning.

My brother passed away 8 years ago of an out-of-the-blue heart attack. Age 58 I think. No warning, at all, and he was a medical doctor. I am now older than he was when he passed.

My best friend from high school died a few years back in a car crash. Obviously no warning there, and tragic.

My 1st cousin that was closest in age to me, who I hung out with a lot growing up, began suffering from early onset dementia in his 50s and recently passed away.

Take the dream vacation, NOW. Hug people, NOW. Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing is promised. Get the MOST out of today.

I just saw that a classmate and my editor on the school paper, passed away a few weeks ago. He'd written around Indy for some different outlets. Opened my eyes to some new music and was always good for a band or 2 off the beaten path back in the day. Not a bunch of punk afficianados running around good ol' Southport High back in the early 80s!
Sorry to hear about his death as it is tough to lose a buddy.

Lately such issues have been hitting home. Lots of loved ones are simply not making to retirement age, and often with no warning.

My brother passed away 8 years ago of an out-of-the-blue heart attack. Age 58 I think. No warning, at all, and he was a medical doctor. I am now older than he was when he passed.

My best friend from high school died a few years back in a car crash. Obviously no warning there, and tragic.

My 1st cousin that was closest in age to me, who I hung out with a lot growing up, began suffering from early onset dementia in his 50s and recently passed away.

Take the dream vacation, NOW. Hug people, NOW. Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing is promised. Get the MOST out of today.
Sorry to hear of all the people you lost recently and you are right you never know when it will happen.

I feel fine but understand you never know when death will strike. I have had low cholesterol my whole life until my gall bladder disintegrated then removed. Now it is over 300 and I am working to get it down.

As I bid you farewell, I leave you with this. When the gates of Heaven open and the music is playing, don't get in a fight with the band because they won't play country music.
Sorry to hear of his death and your loss.

My high school buddies and I brought the subject up on Patoka Lake that we will eventually lose one of the group. We paused and each wondered who the first would be. We have had a couple of close calls and have lost a few classmates that were friends but not in our circle.

It is hard to believe the boys that were indestructible at 18 are talking about cataracts, knee replacements and sugar levels.

Sorry for your loss. Old friends share a lot of memories and the stories never get old even if the people do,

Reactions: All4You and 76-1
My high school buddies and I brought the subject up on Patoka Lake that we will eventually lose one of the group. We paused and each wondered who the first would be. We have had a couple of close calls and have lost a few classmates that were friends but not in our circle.

It is hard to believe the boys that were indestructible at 18 are talking about cataracts, knee replacements and sugar levels.

Sorry for your loss. Old friends share a lot of memories and the stories never get old even if the people do,
How old are you? I have a poker group and most of us were in an Indian Guides troop with our sons, and morphed into a poker group once that aged out. Most of us are mid 50s. Anyway, we get along great and one of the guys is a few years older than the rest of us and at one outing he said something about that it was likely one of us woudn't be around in 10 years.... and I'd guess that was at least 15 years ago! Killed the mood at the time and he's taken endless ribbing about it since, but the fact remains that we've probably beaten the odds to some degree. Nothing is guaranteed!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT