ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Gelon

He's been stalking me for several months since I joined up here. I caught him in a rather easily detected lie and it embarrassed him, so this is his revenge. Among other things, he lied about attending IU and being a season ticket holder and busted himself by not knowing some very basic details of IU, the campus, the athletic facilities, and Bloomington. Kind of sad that he put on such a phony front. My buddy Jake absolutely splayed him recently and Jad exposed him for not knowing the basics of the Russian basketball game when Coach went off. Funny but very creepy stuff.

It is not "THIS" version, it is the only version and I witnessed it first hand, just as I related.
I understand what you and I witnessed, since we were both actually there. Court tripped badly in relaying what he thought happened to Jake and Jad, who had to correct him. His Googled version is his obvious attempt to clean that up.

I understand what you and I witnessed, since we were both actually there. Court tripped badly in relaying what he thought happened to Jake and Jad, who had to correct him. His Googled version is his obvious attempt to clean that up.
Says the self proclaimed "expert", who insisted Kesean Tunstill was offered a scholarship for the 2018 IU football class , when in fact, he is a walk on. Google exposed the fraud once again. LOL

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Seven pages on this and I don't get it. What is controversial about telling a kid he's not going to play much if he stays on the team? It's what I expect from the coach of any team sport.

We're just trying to make the most of it and enjoy the last controversy we'll have for years to come. Controversy is all we've known for so long and we may miss it when it's gone:D

Says the guy who tried to act like he was a hoops insider and didn't know there were whispers about Cal and UMass. See if you can research Marcus Camby. Oh, and tell us all about supposedly knowing Eddie! Perhaps you'll learn something instead of trying to pretend to be something you're not. Flip, flop goes Tas. The Pretender.
Flop, flop, flop . . .

Says the self proclaimed "expert", who insisted Kesean Tunstill was offered a scholarship for the 2018 IU football class , when in fact, he is a walk on. Google exposed the fraud once again. LOL
Says the guy who thinks a 2018 kid will walk on when he'll have other opportunities. You're dumber now than when you lied about seeing McCabe and didn't realize Ivy played on the same team.

Says the guy who thinks a 2018 kid will walk on when he'll have other opportunities. You're dumber now than when you lied about seeing McCabe and didn't realize Ivy played on the same team.
Guess he lied when he announced publicly that was his intention, maybe you should google him again . LOL

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Says the phony hoops guy who didn't know about Cal or Camby or Eddie.
200.gif

200.gif
200.gif

Your trip to Glamour
Your trip to Glamour Shots looks to have been successful. Too bad you didn't learn a little hoops along the way, though. Your struggles with Cal and Chaney and Camby and UMass and Eddie would've been avoidable. Alas, your lack of knowledge and then efforts to bs your way through them didn't work so well, did they?

He initially announced he was committing to a scholarship offer. Was he lying then, like you were about McCabe?
LOL, he would have to HAVE an offer before he could commit to a scholarship . Better go back and google him again, if you had any real information, you would know the facts. Really astounding that you want to continue to put your ignorance of all things IU on full display.

I think he was treated fairly. Assessment was he was not going to play and he was told such. He was given the option of remaining at school on scholarship.
No one is guaranteed continued employment or work- college basketball and all sports are a job. Pay was offered and he opted to not take the pay ( a college education).
It is time we get back to the realities of life and that no one is guaranteed anything. Helicopter parents and recent society softness have been very unfair to children and young adults by continuing the policy of rewarding all even if they don't deserve a reward.
Gelon and his parents (who should have not been involved except in supporting their son in making a decision of staying in school at IU or going out and giving it a try elsewhere) were told honestly that playing was not an option so it was not worth continuing - much better than sitting on a bench or as a non participant in practice.
If it was my son I clearly would have advised him moving on with all the other great options in the world and reminding him a free education at IU was a great opportunity.

LOL, he would have to HAVE an offer before he could commit to a scholarship . Better go back and google him again, if you had any real information, you would know the facts. Really astounding that you want to continue to put your ignorance of all things IU on full display.
So funny that the source you cite for one bit of information is the same source whom you claim to not be accurate. As usual, you're terribly lost here.

Well, I was at that game too and your version is EXACTLY what I witnessed too.

I have argued with many people when they say that Knight pulled his team from the floor because that infers that IU left the court DURING the game and that is just not what happened.

In the end, Yes, Knight caused the game to be forfeited because HE would not leave but he DID NOT pull his team from the floor DURING the game. As you stated, the game was OVER. I couldn't hear the conversations but Burr went to the scorers table, signed the book, stepped back, blew his whistle, waived his arms, called the game over, the officials left the floor and THEN Knight and IU left the floor. The Russians were left standing wondering what the hell just happened along with the fans in attendance.

As you stated, maybe a fine point but that was the course of events and I have a VERY clear recollection of them.
I saw that game on TV, and there cannot possibly be any question that the game ended by Jim Burr's actions (not because Knight pulled his players from the floor, because he didn't do that). That was how it was described on TV, and they had a camera in Burr's face when he gave a hand signal indicating the game was over.

As I recall, the point of contention was that IU was shooting a free throw and a Russian player left the foul lane after the ball had been given to the IU foul shooter (not permitted under American rules; apparently OK under international rules). Knight wanted the refs to call a technical foul but none of them did. Knight drew a technical foul or two but, as I recall, his interpretation of the rule was more correct than Burr's.

I saw that game on TV, and there cannot possibly be any question that the game ended by Jim Burr's actions (not because Knight pulled his players from the floor, because he didn't do that). That was how it was described on TV, and they had a camera in Burr's face when he gave a hand signal indicating the game was over.

As I recall, the point of contention was that IU was shooting a free throw and a Russian player left the foul lane after the ball had been given to the IU foul shooter (not permitted under American rules; apparently OK under international rules). Knight wanted the refs to call a technical foul but none of them did. Knight drew a technical foul or two but, as I recall, his interpretation of the rule was more correct than Burr's.

That was my sole point and the dude's pants turned yellow because I dared to correct him.

I have never heard his show but someone here said he sobbed about me not using my name and not calling him when he dm'd me his mobile number. This was his issue to own not mine.

The kid chose to give up a full scholarship because he wanted to go play basketball at State Fair community college. They were not yanking his scholarship. Good gracious, people.
You're spot on. To give up a paid for degree at one of the nations top universities to go to a JC is mind boggling. Where were this parents in this decision making process. I wouldn't let my son make that kind of mistake

You're spot on. To give up a paid for degree at one of the nations top universities to go to a JC is mind boggling. Where were this parents in this decision making process. I wouldn't let my son make that kind of mistake
according to Rabjohn's his mom was behind most of this. He was encouraged to ask for his release thinking that CAM would give him more playing time. When he was granted his release he had trouble getting into other schools because of mom's interference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT